ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest game in program history (Part III of the trilogy)

unlv7163

UNLV Hall of Fame
Feb 26, 2004
While it could be argued that the past two weeks were the biggest game history, I think it would be hard pressed to argue against this one. Conference championship game and the ability to get to 10 wins are as big as it gets. Then you add in the fact that conference realignment is so prevalent currently and I don’t think you could argue otherwise.

As for the game, going to be a tough matchup. Boise St is talented and playing their best football, but if we can stay away from mistakes, I think we can win. So excited to see UNLV playing in a conference title game. Always thought we had potential to get there, just never thought it would happen.

The weird thing is we lost yesterday’s biggest game in program history and it ended up no mattering🤔

The game next Saturday does not have a fail safe option. Very exciting after a lifetime of failing to be consistently mediocre.

Oddly enough given the way we played against SJSU and the difficulty of our next opponent I kinda prefer the team going into the game after a loss (and being handled rather well by SJSU) than if we made a miracle comeback at the end of yesterday’s game and pulled out a win. I want our guys salty and feeling they’re the underdog (which they should be). We need that chip on our shoulder. If we win the championship no one is going to much care 10 years from now that we lost our final regular season game (except SJSU fans lol).

Oddly enough given the way we played against SJSU and the difficulty of our next opponent I kinda prefer the team going into the game after a loss (and being handled rather well by SJSU) than if we made a miracle comeback at the end of yesterday’s game and pulled out a win. I want our guys salty and feeling they’re the underdog (which they should be). We need that chip on our shoulder. If we win the championship no one is going to much care 10 years from now that we lost our final regular season game (except SJSU fans lol).
I expect SJSU is going to be a little salty, maybe their new mascot?
Peanut Butter Falling GIF by Mr. Peanut

Reactions: unlove
They’ve only themselves to blame. 1-5 start. They’re a good team but they have to look in the mirror for this one.
Not wrong, but it's easy to understand their frustration. Losses to BSU and AFA, the teams finishing 2nd and 4th. Close loss to Toledo (11-1, in MAC championship) and lopsided losses to P5s 7-5 USC, and 8-4 Oregon State.

They overscheduled themselves, it seems. A toledo win would have done a lot for them.

Reactions: unlove
The weird thing is we lost yesterday’s biggest game in program history and it ended up no mattering🤔

The game next Saturday does not have a fail safe option. Very exciting after a lifetime of failing to be consistently mediocre.
I still have to believe that 4 point win over AF was huge for us. Maybe the biggest game. If we lost that game we wouldn't even be discussing the Championship game. We shut them out in the second half and scored 17. AF played their hearts out without their starting QB in front of their home crowd. For us to come back and shut them out in the second half can't be understated. We need that Rebel team to show up Saturday. I think they will.

This past week was not the new biggest game, the stakes were actually low or at least low ish.
This next one? Pretty big. Probably bigger than the bowl game. Win the championship amongst your peers is pretty big thing. Trophy/banner worthy.

Last edited:
Now the SJSU quarterback can coach his 19 year old son that was conceived ,raised and graduated high school while Cordeiro was at SJSU.
Pretty sure he started at Hawaii and beat Tony Sanchez. He’s seen 3 UNLV coaches.

Not wrong, but it's easy to understand their frustration. Losses to BSU and AFA, the teams finishing 2nd and 4th. Close loss to Toledo (11-1, in MAC championship) and lopsided losses to P5s 7-5 USC, and 8-4 Oregon State.

They overscheduled themselves, it seems. A toledo win would have done a lot for them.
Also being non-competitive at home vs AF didn't help.

Reactions: LocoRebel
Also being non-competitive at home vs AF didn't help.
Absolutely.

Gotta go win the games you can, dont get blown out when you lose. Sure we lost to Fresno and SJSU, but both were one score games and we had the ball with under a minute to go to try to match 'em.

SJSU lost by 25 to AFA and kept it to one TD with BSU.

Reactions: Boston Rebel 2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT