ADVERTISEMENT

Ben Carter out indefinitely

Too bad. He's gonna make a great coach if he decides to pursue that avenue.

That's a tough break for a guy that just wants to play basketball. Spends a year in Vegas redshirting then plays in perhaps the most tumultuous season in UNLV basketball history before making the agonizing decision to transfer and then this.

Like Izzo said, an incredibly "cruel" blow to a kid (well, he's a kid to me) who just wanted to play for a winner. He came home with the hope of doing just that here.

Unfortunately he found himself embroiled in the soap opera that has been Runnin' Rebel basketball for the last few years, culminating in the almost incomprehensible events of the 2015-16 season.

While he was healthy, he was the glue that held our team together, on their good nights. No one could ever accuse Ben of lack of hustle or desire.

I admit, I was disappointed to see him transfer out. I thought he would be an excellent force in leading UNLV into a new, and hopefully better era. But it;s impossible not to understand his desire to play his final collegiate season at a program with the proven success of MSU. If, as Monster Jam suggested, coaching is in his future, he could hardly do better than to absorb the methods of Tom Izzo.

Anyway, Good Luck Ben...Keep your head up.

Reactions: the Florian Trout
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT