ADVERTISEMENT

Baer and the defense

UNLVWINS

Lottery Pick
May 14, 2005
It should be noted that the defense is really improving lately. I think Baer should return next season.

Overall they played a good game. Only a couple of mistakes and some big plays that helped win the game.

UNLV's best defense tonight was "dropped pass." If Hawaii's receivers had held on to passes, they'd have scored two more td's.
The "prevent" pass defense that Baer plays most of the time showed up again in tbe second half. That huge pass late in the game, undefended, was a potential killer.
Defense better? Yeah. As long as receivers keep dropping the ball.

You can also look at the fact that the defense put the offense in a great position to score several times and they came away without any points.

UNLV's best defense tonight was "dropped pass." If Hawaii's receivers had held on to passes, they'd have scored two more td's.
The "prevent" pass defense that Baer plays most of the time showed up again in tbe second half. That huge pass late in the game, undefended, was a potential killer.
Defense better? Yeah. As long as receivers keep dropping the ball.
This is probably true for the most part, but they have played great against the run the last two weeks.

There were times that unlv only had two pass rushers with the third rusher dropping back into coverage. I don’t necessarily agree with this

still not enough pressure on the QB. A little better coverage on the back end. It was nice to see a couple of coverage sacks.

Run D is better overall, but by not much. I think the players themselves have improved for sure.

Hawai'i had some drops for sure, and some missed open guys. We did too to be fair.

I think Baer should return next season.

Let's see how the team looks against BYU's offense that has been completely nonexistent until they played San Jose State. Also want to see them perform well against UNR. But Baer is coaching for his job right now IMO...3 weeks ago he was coaching cause they couldn't rationalize firing a DC mid-season.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT