ADVERTISEMENT

Are any of yall fans of Matthew Mcconaughey?

Been a done deal since the weekend!
What's the story with him? Obviously you have to be good to get a scholly to Texas, but how come he has hardly played the past 2 years? Just got buried on the depth chart? Understandable at a school that's in the top 10 in the country.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
What's the story with him? Obviously you have to be good to get a scholly to Texas, but how come he has hardly played the past 2 years? Just got buried on the depth chart? Understandable at a school that's in the top 10 in the country.
You answered your own question

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I’m so disappointed with this board. Not one “alright, alright, alright,” reply?!?!!
In celebration of this thread, I did not wear deodorant and I have been playing bongos naked sporadically throughout the day.
I've had a couple of weird looks from coworkers and patients alike. But they understand when I talk about the transfers

I am a fan. Just watched Sahara again the other night. Kind of silly, but great movie. I don't do X, so what does he have to do with this/these athletes?

Mcconaughy was a friend of Mike Leach. He came to Pullman for a game one year. Somewhere I have a picture of him in a Coug tanktop.
He's a huge Texas football supporter and fan. It appears to be related to portal guys from Texas.

I guess we will hold on for the announcement after Texas is done in the CFP
Not good at all. Emotions will be high either way which could mean a change of heart.

MM entered the portal and left because of the calendar and how fast things move in CFB. People need to find spots fast before time is up and your spot is replaced.

Staying just shows that this certain individual may not be fully invested in leaving. Dont be surprised if his spot is filled up. I'm not saying that its a for sure thing, but the staff may not be willing to wait and risk losing him and then losing possible replacements for him.

Edit: Staying may also be an audition for him to the staff for future PT or him trying to get more reps in game to put on tape for more offers. Lots of possibilities. I'm not there so idk for sure.

Playing while youre in the portal is strange. A WKU player entered the portal and was still with the team for the bowl game, was the 3rd string going into the game, elevated to 2nd string minutes before the game, entered their bowl game, and threw for 5 touchdowns I believe. Just wild.

Last edited:
Not good at all. Emotions will be high either way which could mean a change of heart.

MM entered the portal and left because of the calendar and how fast things move in CFB. People need to find spots fast before time is up and your spot is replaced.

Staying just shows that this certain individual may not be fully invested in leaving. Dont be surprised if his spot is filled up. I'm not saying that its a for sure thing, but the staff may not be willing to wait and risk losing him and then losing possible replacements for him.

Edit: Staying may also be an audition for him to the staff for future PT or him trying to get more reps in game to put on tape for more offers. Lots of possibilities. I'm not there so idk for sure.

Playing while youre in the portal is strange. A WKU player entered the portal and was still with the team for the bowl game, was the 3rd string going into the game, elevated to 2nd string minutes before the game, entered their bowl game, and threw for 5 touchdowns I believe. Just wild.
Not many are going to be able to experience and enjoy the CFP experience, competing for a championship is rare thing in CFB.

But I agree with your take on emotions being a factor.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Not many are going to be able to experience and enjoy the CFP experience, competing for a championship is rare thing in CFB.

But I agree with your take on emotions being a factor.
Once in a lifetime experience, I was once able to experience it as a person behind the scenes and would do it all over again.

Reactions: reagan21
They should move the transfer portal window back til after the title game IMO. I know that academic calendars make that difficult, but it make it difficult for kids playing in bowl games (especially the playoffs). This could be a situation like Tyler Buchner, maybe. He is transferring from Alabama to Notre dame (for Lacrosse) but announced he’ll stay with Bama through the playoffs. Hoping its a similar situation here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT