ADVERTISEMENT

A win is a win is a win ...

lvhiker

Retired Number
Mar 10, 2002
The game turned out to be a nail biter but our 17 point lead at halftime was built on off-the-charts three point shooting in the first half. I was anxious from the start of the second half as the lead dwindled and foul trouble added to the downward spiral.

On the plus side, offensive rebounding and excellent clutch free throw shooting saved the day. I will take the win as a sign that the team is slowly, maybe two slowly, getting better.

I will not toss in the towel on the season until I see how we do in MWC play.

Beating BYU is almost as much fun as beat UNR!!

The game turned out to be a nail biter but our 17 point lead at halftime was built on off-the-charts three point shooting in the first half. I was anxious from the start of the second half as the lead dwindled and foul trouble added to the downward spiral.

On the plus side, offensive rebounding and excellent clutch free throw shooting saved the day. I will take the win as a sign that the team is slowly, maybe two slowly, getting better.

I will not toss in the towel on the season until I see how we do in MWC play.

Beating BYU is almost as much fun as beat UNR!!
I believe I’ve discovered the key to improving the play of our guys. No sooner did I submit an opinion about Robotham’s disappointing play, and...Voila!...He comes through as the hero in OT.

And how about those free throws! Even Diong was knockin’ ‘em down. It was most encouraging. I’m really hoping these were the fruits of hard work in the gym, and not a one-off, hot night. We’ll see…

Anyway, an exciting win over a detested rival. Sure, we blew a 17-point lead, but at no point was I comfortable. Obviously we couldn’t maintain that sharpshooting from beyond the arc. But after all was said and done, we scored 2 more points than they did, and that’s what the game is all about.

I think we may surprise some folks in conference play.
free-throw-smiley-emoticon.gif
basketball-dunk-smiley-emoticon.gif
reverse-throw-smiley-emoticon.gif

GO REBELS!

Reactions: khokhol8
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT