ADVERTISEMENT

4 Star QB Justin Rogers OV Today

I said all along he was a better passer.

My concerns were having to tailor/change the offense to fit his skill set.

The offense put up fewer total yards and points per game this year vs last.
Since the injury he is more of a passer then a runner. Definitely not a statue but not as elusive as he was in high school. I would caution using him in a full RPO offense.

Last edited:
Since the injury he is more of a passer then a runner. Definitely not a statue but not as elusive as he was in high school. I would caution using him in a full RPO offense.

I was talking about Armani there...

RPO would be fine for Justin. Zone read stuff not so much.

Looks like Justin Rogers committed to UNLV - sorry if this already got mentioned I didnt see it

Has he played any type of meaningful football since the injury? How would we know?

The first year he was still recouping from injuries. After he put his name in the transfer portal, there was no reason for TCU to play him anymore which leaves him three years to play. I expect that Arroyo and staff has the chance to evaluate him and decide that he was worth the risk.

On a talent level..

Can he take us from 5-7 to 8 or 9 wins or is that asking too much?

What are his strengths & weakness?

CRhodes

On a talent level..

CRhodes

That's a very good question since he's only played one game in three years. Before the injury he was mobile and a very accurate passer that could make all the throws. He's built like Armani but he doesn't throw like Armani.

Of course you'd have to question his durability because of the injury and because he lacks college experience you don't know how he plays when the lights are on. But there is no dispute he has the talent.

As a QB especially top 50 overall recruit who happens to be a QB better be able to throw the ball

On a talent level..

CRhodes

On a pure talent level JR has more potential than any Rebel QB since Rocky Hinds. I probably shouldn't go on comparing the two because things didn't work out for Rocky at UNLV but lets hope Rogers is FULLY healthy and ready go.

As far as wins go? Rogers could absolutely take our offense to the next level but UNLV won't be winning 9 games until the defense is fixed too.

On a pure talent level JR has more potential than any Rebel QB since Rocky Hinds. I probably shouldn't go on comparing the two because things didn't work out for Rocky at UNLV but lets hope Rogers is FULLY healthy and ready go.

As far as wins go? Rogers could absolutely take our offense to the next level but UNLV won't be winning 9 games until the defense is fixed too.

There are definitely some 'ifs' and question marks surrounding Justin Rogers.

The Rocky Hinds comparison is fair.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT