ADVERTISEMENT

4 Star QB Justin Rogers OV Today

The biggest issue is if he has fully recovered, but considering this is Las Vegas it may be a gamble that is well worth the chance. It also helps that 4* players are now starting to show interest in UNLV football, which is a good thing! How many ticket sales can we get for each 4* recruit that comes to UNLV?

The biggest issue is if he has fully recovered, but considering this is Las Vegas it may be a gamble that is well worth the chance. It also helps that 4* players are now starting to show interest in UNLV football, which is a good thing! How many ticket sales can we get for each 4* recruit that comes to UNLV?

Sadly probably not many. Need to string some wins together to get people to take notice.

I know he was injured his Sr. year in HS, did he also get hurt at TCU? Looking at his TCU bio, it looks like he played one game his Sr year in HS then, redshirted at TCU playing in one series that year, and then didnt play last season, so was he injured or just didnt play?

I know he was injured his Sr. year in HS, did he also get hurt at TCU? Looking at his TCU bio, it looks like he played one game his Sr year in HS then, redshirted at TCU playing in one series that year, and then didnt play last season, so was he injured or just didnt play?

He did not get hurt at TCU. He was passed up on their depth chart this past season by the starter who was a grad transfer and by a true freshman.
A lot of their fans we're upset that he didn't get a chance to play because their QB position wasn't good. Some of their fans speculated the coaches knew he would go into the transfer portal and thus he didn't play. This coming season he will be three years removed from his injury and really should be 100% recovered.

He did not get hurt at TCU. He was passed up on their depth chart this past season by the starter who was a grad transfer and by a true freshman.
A lot of their fans we're upset that he didn't get a chance to play because their QB position wasn't good. Some of their fans speculated the coaches knew he would go into the transfer portal and thus he didn't play. This coming season he will be three years removed from his injury and really should be 100% recovered.

Thanks, I did just read another article (a link inside the article lined above) and it says he entered the portal on Oct 31, so yeah they must have known. It also says a lot of schools contacted him the day that he entered, I wonder why they all backed off? He is confident that he can play, but it seems some schools may not be so sure.

Thanks, I did just read another article (a link inside the article lined above) and it says he entered the portal on Oct 31, so yeah they must have known. It also says a lot of schools contacted him the day that he entered, I wonder why they all backed off? He is confident that he can play, but it seems some schools may not be so sure.

I read an article from last year where tcu coach Patterson said he's a great kid. There's no doubt he was passed up on the depth chart. But then again he's still a young player. I would be very excited to get him.

For us it's worth taking a chance. This is a good article in that it specifically talks about his development related to his injury. A condition of his injury is stated as " Rogers suffered nerve damage and developed a drop-foot condition during the rehab process. That injury heals slowly over time and inconsistently. That led to many speculating about Rogers’ future." https://247sports.com/Article/Justi...rterback-destinations-TCU-football-140293744/

Reactions: bcvegaspt
I didn't know what "foot drop" was so I found this on Wikipedia:

"Foot drop is a gait abnormality in which the dropping of the forefoot happens due to weakness, irritation or damage to the common fibular nerve including the sciatic nerve, or paralysis of the muscles in the anterior portion of the lower leg. It is usually a symptom of a greater problem, not a disease in itself. Foot drop is characterized by inability or impaired ability to raise the toes or raise the foot from the ankle (dorsiflexion). Foot drop may be temporary or permanent, depending on the extent of muscle weakness or paralysis and it can occur in one or both feet. In walking, the raised leg is slightly bent at the knee to prevent the foot from dragging along the ground."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foot_drop

Reactions: RebelMan5000
I think we might hear good news on the TCU guy soon.

#sources

If he's going to start classes for the spring semester so that he can participate in spring camp then realistically he needs to make a decision this weekend.

Oregon had offered Rogers out of high school, so Arroyo knows his history. Knowing he's a transfer, the wheels were probably set in motion for admissions whenever UNLV got interest from him.

The medical prognosis is concerning, but he would be an interesting addition. He announced his transfer from TCU in late October after he wasn't included on the travel roster for TCU's first two conference games. So teams have had plenty of time to consider him and there has been concerningly little buzz.

Reactions: Meister_Rebel
If he's going to start classes for the spring semester so that he can participate in spring camp then realistically he needs to make a decision this weekend.

Oregon had offered Rogers out of high school, so Arroyo knows his history. Knowing he's a transfer, the wheels were probably set in motion for admissions whenever UNLV got interest from him.

The medical prognosis is concerning, but he would be an interesting addition. He announced his transfer from TCU in late October after he wasn't included on the travel roster for TCU's first two conference games. So teams have had plenty of time to consider him and there has been concerningly little buzz.

We'll see how it goes.

It could start a chain reaction at the QB position.

EPE1-AsXUAQB1-x

It is very possible that he will be able to get a medical redshirt for his freshman season which would then give him 3 years to play.

Two NFL players that have suffered from drop foot are Jaylon Smith of the Cowboys and Rueben Foster of the Redskins. Smith is pretty much fully recovered from the injury he suffered in 2016. Foster is finally starting to get feeling and power back in his foot from the injury he suffered 8 months ago

Didnt we learn our lesson with QBs named Rogers? But anyways, I hope he commits here, is as good as advertised out of high school, and throws many TDs to our tight end Armani next season.

I hope this sends a clear message to the quarterbacks that are currently on our roster. They will need to compete every day in practice.

Reactions: LINEBACKER_U
247 shows him as 50% Purdue/ 50% ? Did he take a visit to Purdue yet?

Wouldn't read to much into that.

The 50/50 split comes from a grand total of two 247 writers. One predicting Purdue the other a ?. Guy predicting Purdue said that way back in early December.

We should consider now going after Jack Sears (4* QB transfer from USC). He had committed to SDSU before Rocky Long retired. Now he is looking around again. https://247sports.com/Player/Jack-Sears-84660/
Good find. Seems like he could step in right away and allow Rogers to ease into action as Sears has one year &Rogers has three years. But I'm getting ahead of myself

Edit-sorry it looks like Sears has 2 to play.

Last edited:
We should consider now going after Jack Sears (4* QB transfer from USC). He had committed to SDSU before Rocky Long retired. Now he is looking around again. https://247sports.com/Player/Jack-Sears-84660/
Wow I must have missed hearing he stepped back from his commitment. SDSU fans were really high on Sears. I don’t know if he’s what CMA is looking for but even if he goes to another school it would be more reason to believe the West division is wide open next year.
UNLV 2020 West Champs!

Wow I must have missed hearing he stepped back from his commitment. SDSU fans were really high on Sears. I don’t know if he’s what CMA is looking for but even if he goes to another school it would be more reason to believe the West division is wide open next year.
UNLV 2020 West Champs!

Sigh of relief from rest of MWC. With that defense the last thing anybody wants to see is SDSU getting a capable QB that can move the ball.

Reactions: RebNReno
Sigh of relief from rest of MWC. With that defense the last thing anybody wants to see is SDSU getting a capable QB that can move the ball.
They’ve been a good QB away from taking their program to the next level. With Sears coming in and Jeff Horton finally being fired as OC I was expecting they would be much improved on the offensive side of things.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT