ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Signees (Feb 1)

LocoRebel

Retired Number
Apr 7, 2011
Gonna give this a shot from mobile. Here are the guys announced as signed by UNLVFB on Twitter, in order of announced from first to most recent.

RB Jai'den "Jet" Thomas
LB Jackson Woodard
WR Jacob De Jesus
K Jose Pizano
S Cameron Jenkins
QB Bo Edmundson
RB Darrien Jones
OL Jack Hasz
OL Jalen St John III
DB Jalen Frazier
OL Austin Boyd
DB Jaxen Turner
ATH DeAngelo Irvin Jr
CB Jett Elad
WR Corey Thompson Jr
OLB Zavier Carter
WR Rashawn Jackson

At some point I'll try to update this with class/years remaining/transfer/origin/something else useful.

Last edited:
6dKHHBr.jpg

I liked the highlights they showed on the signing show of Austin Boyd. He is a blocking fool. A good thing. He doesn't stop blocking and if he does it's to block someone else. I think he can become a good one as he grows and develops.
Just don't try to make a move on a chick while you are out with a group of friends, he'll probably C- block that too!

??? What's next? With our returning players and incorporation of these new players, how is UNLV stacking up against Boise, Fresno, and SDSU? Any analysis?

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Davis hasnt graduated yet so he hasnt been officially announced. Not sure how that works but thats what I heard.

I'm not sure about Quarles, but I have an eerie feeling that he wont end up here. Remember I said this lol

I'll be honest, his production vs lesser competition wasn't all that impressive. Wouldn't be the biggest loss in my opinion.

Not sure if injury played a role but he only had one good season.

Someone in the qb room will transfer after spring ball for sure. Inside, I'm hoping that we will recruit and grab Micah Bowens.
Bo Edmundson is the only QB they recruited, do you think he will be able to beat out Brum, Bailey and Friel? Maiva is also a solid 3* QB that transferred to Vegas for his Sr year. Will the AFA flip win the nod for QB1? Weird.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
He was a FOY with a shitty OL. He is one of the best player to come out of Hawaii. Durable, strong and got that swag that Brum have.

I think Friel has some potential but he took a big step backward last year.

If he is buried behind Brum and Bailey he might want to explore options and try and find somewhere he feels he has a better chance to play. He may have already been recruited over with Liberty kid and the incoming freshman.

Bo Edmundson is the only QB they recruited, do you think he will be able to beat out Brum, Bailey and Friel? Maiva is also a solid 3* QB that transferred to Vegas for his Sr year. Will the AFA flip win the nod for QB1? Weird.

I think AF kid is going to do a lot of things.

He may see time in certain packages at QB. Possibly RZ stuff or short yardage to take hits off of QB.

Also wouldn't be surprised to see him lineup at WR or RB...

Bo wont beat out Brumfield or Bailey this season and I think he came in understanding that. Friel is out of the picture completely for ME. I haven't heard much about Maiva during practice or camp, but I dont think Maiva gets any run here either and I'm saying this because Bo was Marion's pick. Marion could have chosen any qb from the state of Texas, committed or uncommitted and I think they would have listened to his pitch, at the minimum.

My order of QBs would be Brumfield/Bailey battling it out and then Bo being third string. I think Irvin Jr may get some run as a freshman with wildcat packages and gadget plays. I'm positive he will touch the field in some way or another. His speed and versatility will get him on the field starting from day one in my opinion and the minimum for him would be jet sweeps.

He was a FOY with a shitty OL. He is one of the best player to come out of Hawaii. Durable, strong and got that swag that Brum have.
Being FOY is a meaningless award he got because he was the starting QB as a freshman. He was terrible, end of story. 6TDs 11 Int's, and he followed that up by being terrible and ineffective when given his chance this past season. Hes in likelihood out of the picture here, there are better talents at the position.

Reactions: Rebel Hoya
Being FOY is a meaningless award he got because he was the starting QB as a freshman. He was terrible, end of story. 6TDs 11 Int's, and he followed that up by being terrible and ineffective when given his chance this past season. Hes in likelihood out of the picture here, there are better talents at the position.
That's a bit of an exaggeration. He came into a horrible situation, where our top QB's got hurt. He didn't even play his Sr. year of HS, and then got thrown to the wolves to be a freshman starter with a less than stellar O-Line. There aren't many players that would have put up good numbers in that scenario. He wasn't a star, but did a commendable job considering the situation.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Yeah I don't think hes that good. I really think that its already between Brumfield and Bailey for the job. Friel no has horse in this race and I dont think Maiva does either.

Reactions: Rebel Hoya
Friel and Maiva should xfer. They'll have better opportunites.

On a side note. Marion's cowboy hat was fantastic. Love it.

Reactions: rebel5280
Yeah I don't think hes that good. I really think that its already between Brumfield and Bailey for the job. Friel no has horse in this race and I dont think Maiva does either.
Correct. I dont care if the reality of a players ability sounds harsh. Got immediately dropped to 3rd string despite starting almost an entire season, and then when he was given his chance this year, he was ineffective moving the ball and looked uncomfortable doing so. Heck, the guy at SDSU was playing safety and had to play QB and still threw for better stats than any of our QBs.

Correct. I dont care if the reality of a players ability sounds harsh. Got immediately dropped to 3rd string despite starting almost an entire season, and then when he was given his chance this year, he was ineffective moving the ball and looked uncomfortable doing so. Heck, the guy at SDSU was playing safety and had to play QB and still threw for better stats than any of our QBs.
This! Development was not there with our QB’s under Arroyo. That’s why I thought it was laughable when some thought he had anything to do with Herbert!

This! Development was not there with our QB’s under Arroyo. That’s why I thought it was laughable when some thought he had anything to do with Herbert!
Arroyo and Cristobal worked together at Oregon. Miami and Cristobal is hiring Arroyo because he sucks?

TJ Otzelberger is in the running NCOY. Does he sucks as a coach? Look at ourself first before we blame others. This is before Harper and the current president. Hopefully they are different and change the direction. One more thing. BRING BACK HEY REB!

Arroyo and Cristobal worked together at Oregon. Miami and Cristobal is hiring Arroyo because he sucks?

TJ Otzelberger is in the running NCOY. Does he sucks as a coach? Look at ourself first before we blame others. This is before Harper and the current president. Hopefully they are different and change the direction. One more thing. BRING BACK HEY REB!
TJO was a good coach- even at UNLV till about January when he realized he was heading back to Ames, and now gets opportunity to get premier talent. He was attracting good players here as well- look at Kaluma at Creighton... Arroyo got his job because of his friendship with Des, and he was qualified to do the job- doesnt change his inability to run a program including recruiting and yes, there is some blame for the program being what it is. Coaching is all about friendships and relationships so its not surprising to see a friendly face offer him another high level position and he'll likely be a HC somewhere again in a few years.

That said he didnt develop a QB or commit to one. We went through a 3 QB cycle for multiple games during his first few seasons and he kept trying to capture lightening in a bottle at QB.

Reactions: CRhodes1983
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT