ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Signees (Feb 1)

Precisely. Did we lose some players certainly, but we're not in terrible shape or bare cupboard rebuild. Odom was hired to fix those one possession losses. Both SDSU and Hawaii the team was flat out unprepared and Cal we had them right till the PI wasn't called...

I'm just done waiting/hoping for 6 wins from a coach as the standard of excellence. That's not acceptable anymore and would be a huge disappointment.
Petty shit from the new admin?

Is this what we do now to players who are the loyal to UNLV? This is improvement? You do that to my kid, you got another thing to deal with.

This minimum win number discussion is just that, words. You cannot achieve that number without support. Lips service aint crap. The recruiting class aint sh!t worth crap.
As for the recruiting class, I'd like to think they had targeted recruits both at HS and transfers but having your new OC ditch you a month before signing day combined with the previous staffs lack of out reach it appears puts you behind the ball.. Not an excuse, but we've seen highly regarded classes win only 2 games in a season, so I'm fine with not having a bunch of hyped freshman that wont contribute for a few seasons and then are gone into the portal anyways.

As for winning/expectations from the introductory press conference:
""I feel the urgency to win and win now. And I felt that yesterday, even stronger after meeting with the football team. I've got great respect for Mr. Harper and we spoke in detail about wanting to win and win now and our urgency to get that done. Every year is a rebuild of a team. Okay, that doesn't mean it's a rebuild and not a success. My goal is to take this team and go win and win immediately."

Minimum wins arent just Lip service paid to encourage the fan base to show up and support... It's about the coaching staff understanding they're now being held to a higher standard for the program, even if they would be seen as overachieving based on past performances in same spot.

As for the recruiting class, I'd like to think they had targeted recruits both at HS and transfers but having your new OC ditch you a month before signing day combined with the previous staffs lack of out reach it appears puts you behind the ball.. Not an excuse, but we've seen highly regarded classes win only 2 games in a season, so I'm fine with not having a bunch of hyped freshman that wont contribute for a few seasons and then are gone into the portal anyways.

As for winning/expectations from the introductory press conference:
""I feel the urgency to win and win now. And I felt that yesterday, even stronger after meeting with the football team. I've got great respect for Mr. Harper and we spoke in detail about wanting to win and win now and our urgency to get that done. Every year is a rebuild of a team. Okay, that doesn't mean it's a rebuild and not a success. My goal is to take this team and go win and win immediately."

Minimum wins arent just Lip service paid to encourage the fan base to show up and support... It's about the coaching staff understanding they're now being held to a higher standard for the program, even if they would be seen as overachieving based on past performances in same spot.
So if the staff can't win 6 games what happen? You gonna fire them after one year. Odom is well regarded across the country including the NFL. Rah rah rah 8 wins or bust bullshit is unrealistic. The problem with you gungho people is dont understand. 2 or 3 years until he move back to midwest. Great, we are a holding place for our coaches ...you dont understand sh!t about Vegas.
And the admin dont understand Vegas either. How the f(ck did they hire that redneck ass Maxson from Texas to run UNLV when UNLV was on it trajectory. The Admin within UNLV is the problem. If Harper and the Prez understand UNLV show it. This school have more compassion to its people than any school I have ever encounter during its greatest glory.

Last edited:
So if the staff can't win 6 games what happen? You gonna fire them after one year. Odom is well regarded across the country including the NFL. Rah rah rah 8 wins or bust bullshit is unrealistic. The problem with you gungho people is dont understand. 2 or 3 years until he move back to midwest. Great, we are a holding place for our coaches ...you dont understand sh!t about Vegas.
And the admin dont understand Vegas either. How the f(ck did they hire that redneck ass Maxson from Texas to run UNLV when UNLV was on it trajectory. The Admin within UNLV is the problem. If Harper and the Prez understand UNLV show it. This school have more compassion to its people than any school I have ever encounter during its greatest glory.
For example, they got rid of Dave Rice in one of the most embarrassing move ever. Dave Rice is well respected among Coach K of Duke and Coach Self of Kansas. How many coaches did they try to hire before settling on Marvellous? Dumbass administration in the past is beyond help.

Well well well, what have we here. Time to get real about your situation. New stadium, new training facilities, new coach, 130th rated recruiting class. Even your diminutive running backs stiffed you. With your schedule you have a chance of winning eight games, but you won't. Go Go sounds like old single wing which is the flight pattern of your program. Can't believe you spent all that money and got this.

Well well well, what have we here. Time to get real about your situation. New stadium, new training facilities, new coach, 130th rated recruiting class. Even your diminutive running backs stiffed you. With your schedule you have a chance of winning eight games, but you won't. Go Go sounds like old single wing which is the flight pattern of your program. Can't believe you spent all that money and got this.
The cannon is red, wolfie. That's all you need to understand. What we arguing about is to win more. We won less and still best your team. Next year looks like a repeat.
You fan base dont argue about anything. You like to take it up the bunkholes by the admin.

Last edited:
Why are you here? As the previous poster said, the cannon is, survey says RED! Beat it lady!

Why are you here? As the previous poster said, the cannon is, survey says RED! Beat it lady!
That is your best smack 5280? You suppose to best me.

Wolfgang brags about his 7 foot tall QB or something like that.

Last edited:
I’d ban this wolfie for trolling if the smack talk was better. It’s so bad that it just further prove the point of Reno911.

Totally agree with accepting our past history. However things are changing and we are in a very weak conference. You can't look at San Jose and think UNLV cannot accomplish at least that.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
MWC is not that weak. Both in football and hoop there are lots of good coaches that will make their teams compete well. Makes it harder to leap frog lots of teams.

Look at mens hoop this year. No one completely sucks like other years.

MWC is not that weak. Both in football and hoop there are lots of good coaches that will make their teams compete well. Makes it harder to leap frog lots of teams.

Look at mens hoop this year. No one completely sucks like other years.
It looks to me like 4 teams suck and we are one of them.

And we lost to one of those teams that sucks, in Hawaii just last season!

And we lost to one of those teams that sucks, in Hawaii just last season!
Yeah. With what we got now (Fertitta-Allegiant). In the very very very weak MWC. It's criminal not to at least field a bowl worthy program at minimum. I mean come on San Jose St. went from basement to bowl worthy and one of the best programs in the league in like 1 year. And their facilities and stadium are a complete dump.

I mean come on San Jose St. went from basement to bowl worthy and one of the best programs in the league in like 1 year.
2-11
1-11
5-7
7-1 (covid year, conference champ)
5-7
7-5

Over the last 2 seasons they are 8-8 in conference. They were 4-20 in conference in the first 3 years. They aren't one of the beat programs in the league now or at any point with the exception of the covid season. Improved? For sure. We are the doormat until proven otherwise.

Facilities comparison with us against other below avg programs in conference (SJSU, UNM, Hawaii). Obviously ours are far superior. I haven't been to SJSU facilities since they upgraded after the superbowl in Santa Clara 6 or 7 years ago, but I know they have been building out one side to be facilities for their department.

Between staff pay and facilities, we *should* be a top team in the conference and frankly we should be dominant. But only when you don't factor in instability of coaches and players, lack of fan support, and that other programs can succeed too. Brennan is in year 7 at SJSU. UNLV has never had a 7 year coach.

2-11
1-11
5-7
7-1 (covid year, conference champ)
5-7
7-5

Over the last 2 seasons they are 8-8 in conference. They were 4-20 in conference in the first 3 years. They aren't one of the beat programs in the league now or at any point with the exception of the covid season. Improved? For sure. We are the doormat until proven otherwise.

Facilities comparison with us against other below avg programs in conference (SJSU, UNM, Hawaii). Obviously ours are far superior. I haven't been to SJSU facilities since they upgraded after the superbowl in Santa Clara 6 or 7 years ago, but I know they have been building out one side to be facilities for their department.

Between staff pay and facilities, we *should* be a top team in the conference and frankly we should be dominant. But only when you don't factor in instability of coaches and players, lack of fan support, and that other programs can succeed too. Brennan is in year 7 at SJSU. UNLV has never had a 7 year coach.
Oh JFC then it was 2 years from 1 win season to conference champ. The gist was that it's easy to turn around a terrible program in the MWC in a very short period of time.

Last edited:
Oh JFC then it was 2 years from 1 win season to conference champ. The gist was that it's easy to turn around a terrible program in the MWC in a very short period of time.
That's pretty disingenuous though... The covid year was an absolute myth of a year. The idea is that they, with the exception of a year that forced every school in the nation to change course drastically, they have been average. They haven't somehow turned into one of the best teams in conference. They went from awful to fringe bowl.

It needed to be said that brennan has done well there, but its not like he's got them at 9-3 and fighting to get ranked. If 2020 was the 2020 they anticipated going into

BUT your larger point is absolutely fair. With what UNLV has access to now, it should be a better result than what SJSU is getting. No questioning you there.

Last edited:
Why the hell is our kicker weigh 225 at 5'7?

Is he plan on throwing his cleats at the punt returner when he can't run fast enough to catch him?
I was going to comment on this fire plug. Is he fat or muscular? Maybe he is all leg with quads like M. Jones-Drew....

Why the hell is our kicker weigh 225 at 5'7?

Is he plan on throwing his cleats at the punt returner when he can't run fast enough to catch him?
I sure as hell hope that our kicker never has to chase down the punt returner...

I sure as hell hope that our kicker never has to chase down the punt returner...
Tom Dempsey was one of the best NFL kickers in his day hold the record for longest field goal for decades, and he was 6'2" and 255 lbs and was slow as molasses. All that matters is that they have a cannon for a leg.

Tom Dempsey was one of the best NFL kickers in his day hold the record for longest field goal for decades, and he was 6'2" and 255 lbs and was slow as molasses. All that matters is that they have a cannon for a leg.
One is 6'2" tall weigh at 255 and one at 5'7 225 ...One is a bowling ball and one is a billiard ball. Which one is better equipped?

Dempsey had no toes on his right (kicking) foot and no fingers on his right hand. He found where he fit and turned that foot into a hammer, and that's all he needed. Running didn't enter into the equation. That 63 yard FG record stood for 40 years.

Dempsey record

Dempsey had no toes on his right (kicking) foot and no fingers on his right hand. He found where he fit and turned that foot into a hammer, and that's all he needed. Running didn't enter into the equation. That 63 yard FG record stood for 40 years.

Dempsey record
That is my point. A great kicker more than makes up for not being able to run.

Dempsey record
If you have told me that he only have one leg, then I would be impressed. Missing toe..not really. What the hell is missing a finger got anything to do with kicking?

Easy. Can't hold it up to figure out the wind.
If the dude missing his schlong and one leg ...and can stand up piss straight while kicking the ball, I would be impressed. Missing one finger and a toe does not impressed me....not even a little bit.

ADVERTISEMENT