ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Recruits

220reb

Rebel Legend
May 29, 2001
I guess it is a good thing that the current staff is still working recruits. We got a commitment from 2 3-star linemen . It'll be interesting to see if the new staff will keep these current recruits or move on to others.

I guess it is a good thing that the current staff is still working recruits. We got a commitment from 2 3-star linemen . It'll be interesting to see if the new staff will keep these current recruits or move on to others.

It's always a risk with a coaching change.

They still have a job to do.

While writing appears to be on the wall I expect this staff to keep working.

If a change is made, they are auditioning for other jobs.

If they win the next three, (I know...I know) and finish 5-7 they at least make an argument.

With UNLV, anything is possible.

You don't want to leave the cupboard bare. You don't want to be viewed as laying down..

It's always a risk with a coaching change.

Certainly a concern, given that it's gotta be one of the best few classes UNLV has had in the last 30 years. There's a quote at the bottom of this Mark Anderson article that I hope is true and is advice taken by his commits:

On what he’s told recruits, Sanchez said, “I’ve invested the last five years of my life making this a quality place, and regardless of what happens, you should still come to UNLV.”

Quality guy who I think understands the writing on the wall, but also knows that UNLV took a shot on him and probably wants UNLV to succeed well beyond what he did.

Certainly a concern, given that it's gotta be one of the best few classes UNLV has had in the last 30 years. There's a quote at the bottom of this Mark Anderson article that I hope is true and is advice taken by his commits:

Quality guy who I think understands the writing on the wall, but also knows that UNLV took a shot on him and probably wants UNLV to succeed well beyond what he did.

This answers the 'why don't you fire him now' questions.

Casey Flair was from Alaska as well as David Green
Fun follow up, there was a David Green and a David Greene on the roster at the same time about 4-5 years ago. David Green from Alaska was on the D Line and I think may have been a walk on?

David Greene was a RB from Dallas who excelled on special teams and occasionally saw the field on offense. I think he may have overlapped with Tim Cornett a little, but maybe was a year or two later.

Fun follow up, there was a David Green and a David Greene on the roster at the same time about 4-5 years ago. David Green from Alaska was on the D Line and I think may have been a walk on?

David Greene was a RB from Dallas who excelled on special teams and occasionally saw the field on offense. I think he may have overlapped with Tim Cornett a little, but maybe was a year or two later.

Always thought 'this will be the year David Greene (RB) breaks out'. There were days in camp when he was arguably the best player on the field/team..

Always thought 'this will be the year David Greene (RB) breaks out'. There were days in camp when he was arguably the best player on the field/team..
Absolutely. And without having gone back to look, weren't there a couple games he got a handful of carries in that it seemed possible? Never got over the hump to be a regular contributor, which was a bummer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT