ADVERTISEMENT

2-7

Bullmastiff 1

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Jun 5, 2007
Las Vegas
With UNLV at 2-7 and all bowl hopes gone with it, what if anything will people be watching for the rest of the season? Will you even be watching anymore?

I will. It's a disease. Never missed a game. No reason to start now.

I'll attend the last two games. Probably in the minority here, but I have a lot of great memories and time spent with friends and families tailgating at Sam Boyd. Not a lot of wins to reminisce about. Lots of bad losses. But still a lot of fun times out there.

Last tailgate at Sam Boyd will be a bit sad for my group that's been together for a long time.

As for football, looking to watch Oblad's progression. See if any young guys get some playing time with the new 4 game/red shirt rule. See how the team responds. And obviously beat Reno.

With UNLV at 2-7 and all bowl hopes gone with it, what if anything will people be watching for the rest of the season? Will you even be watching anymore?

I'll attend the last two games. Probably in the minority here, but I have a lot of great memories and time spent with friends and families tailgating at Sam Boyd. Not a lot of wins to reminisce about. Lots of bad losses. But still a lot of fun times out there.

Last tailgate at Sam Boyd will be a bit sad for my group that's been together for a long time.

As for football, looking to watch Oblad's progression. See if any young guys get some playing time with the new 4 game/red shirt rule. See how the team responds. And obviously beat Reno.
I’ll still watch. Might not pay much attention, it may be secondary, in the background once they show that they didn’t come to battle, but it’ll be on, as always.

I’ll watch until we are getting blown out. I went to the gym at half of this last game and had some fresh air after. Then I came in to watch the last couple of minutes.

UNLV is the only college football I care about so that’s about all I saw of the games yesterday, with a couple spot minutes of Oregon/USC.

I’m currently watching the Steelers and getting annoyed that guys get flagged for being mean. Even worse is the players are hoping these flags will get called. It’s a different sport than I knew and enjoyed. Now it’s commercials and political statements.

Maybe my priorities are changing since UNLV basketball is the only team I’m willing to schedule around. I work part of the day Saturday and don’t even know if I’ll be missing any football. Call me fair weather if it makes you feel better about yourself (not you, Bull, but anyone reading this).

Reactions: RebelinWA

I too will be watching Oblad. Also watching to see which players are taking personal pride and continuing hard even for a lost cause.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
I ll be there. Why not? Win or lose I still love my Rebels. I also love the tailgate area, partaking in a great meal, good alcohol with the best crew of fans in the stadium.

I'll be at both games. Looking forward to seeing what Oblad can do. See how many times we can target Grimes as he is a playmaker. Finally, would like to see how many crushing hits R. Jackson can deliver in his final 3 games.

After these three games, will look forward to next year and the future of the program including new coach and new stadium.

Bull I’m with you about the last game at Sam Boyd being sad. I’m in that small group that went to the very first game at then Las Vegas Stadium. We used to sit on the east side and tailgate every game. Coming to and leaving the stadium via Sunset Road. So many great memories, a GREAT stadium to watch a game. ... Lot’s of people kinda forget... we used to be kinda good! So yes, I’ll be at both games.. gonna miss the ol silver bowl....

Bull I’m with you about the last game at Sam Boyd being sad. I’m in that small group that went to the very first game at then Las Vegas Stadium. We used to sit on the east side and tailgate every game. Coming to and leaving the stadium via Sunset Road. So many great memories, a GREAT stadium to watch a game. ... Lot’s of people kinda forget... we used to be kinda good! So yes, I’ll be at both games.. gonna miss the ol silver bowl....

Same here man.

Thinking about procuring our row
of bleachers as a memento. Logistics and security might prevent it.

Now that we are 2-7 ??? OH now ???? Now you figured it out....LMAO.....I don't think too many of us had to wait for them to be mathematically eliminated from bowl contention to figure out we weren't going bowling this year. Us smart fans had it figured out a few weeks ago when we ere 1-4 and lost 4 games straight that yeah...we're not going to a bowl game this year either. Some people just take a little longer to figure things out.

Last edited:
I plan to be at the SJSU season and Silver Bowl finale.

I had agreed to give my Hawaii game tickets to my Hawaiian friends if the Rebels didn't have two wins by the Boise State game, or one win and a good showing against BSU. I had expected to be out of town that weekend anyway.

Now that we are 2-7 ??? OH now ???? Now you figured it out....LMAO.....I don't think too many of us had to wait for them to be mathematically eliminated from bowl contention to figure out we weren't going bowling this year. Us smart fans had it figured out a few weeks ago when we ere 1-4 and lost 4 games straight that yeah...we're not go to a bowl game this year either. Some people just take a little longer to figure things out.

I'm beginning to think reading and comprehension may not be your strong suit.

I said from the start of the year, Sanchez should not have been retained for year 5.

Told fans they should drown out outside noise from local media about how great this team would be. How Skip had finally got 'his guys'...

I did not think this was a bowl team since before the season. .

I also said I don't speak in absolutes. They had a chance to reach a bowl until they didn't. Also said I thought they had next to no chance to reach one but until they were mathematically eliminated a chance remained.

Really not a hard concept to grasp.

You keep acting like I thought they had a legit shot at being bowl eligible when my message has been the exact opposite since camp.

In fact I was called a hater because I told people to temper expectations this season..Not to buy in to the hype.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT