ADVERTISEMENT

The cost for parking is $10 per space for students (limited number). There is also a deal between UNLV/RTC that provides a $2 round trip from UNLV to the stadium! This was from last year, but I assume the deal is more or less the same this year!

Reactions: LVRebel2000
$2 dollars? If a student is that cheap they can't afford $2, then maybe they should drink one less beer this month!
Some people are on tight budgets. Its not like they're gonna make a bunch of money charging $2 either, so just make it free. Better to have an extra 1-5000 students in the seats if you can swing it.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
If they don't charge the students who take the shuttle, then the students who don't go will be paying also. The athletic department doesn't make a profit, so the money comes from somewhere. The $2 covers the cost for the drive and fuel!

Last edited:
If they don't charge the students who take the shuttle, then the students who don't go will be paying also. The athletic department doesn't make a profit, so the money comes from somewhere.
Maybe partner with a restaurant and do a package deal. $5-10 gets you a meal and transportation to and from the game. Just gotta get a little creative to entice them

For students I believe it is $2 round trip.
"UNLV and RTC have partnered to offer a shuttle from campus to Allegiant Stadium on game days for $4 round trip (general public and UNLV students)"
Now what I don't know, is it free for non students to park at the T&M?

Reactions: RebelScrub
You guys act like $4 isn't a big deal to a college student. When I went to USC, I had $5 to spend on food and entertainment each weekend. Not each, total. I'd eat brunch and dinner at the del Taco down the street since it had a $1 menu.

I know that all students aren't in my predicament but that's why I could go to the games at The Coliseum. The student tickets were free then, and so was walking. They did charge $25 for the Notre Dame game, so I didn't go to that one.

Reactions: RebelScrub
You guys act like $4 isn't a big deal to a college student. When I went to USC, I had $5 to spend on food and entertainment each weekend. Not each, total. I'd eat brunch and dinner at the del Taco down the street since it had a $1 menu.

I know that all students aren't in my predicament but that's why I could go to the games at The Coliseum. The student tickets were free then, and so was walking. They did charge $25 for the Notre Dame game, so I didn't go to that one.
That's kind of what I was referring to as well. Plus, there might be a bunch of students that aren't super interested in football, so even a minimal cost would push them to stay in the dorm instead of going to the game. If it were free, then why not go. Once you get them to games, they may enjoy it more than they thought they would and it grows from there.

We are talking about 4 dollars in 2022. A drink at the movies cost more these days.

I do agree that the busses should be free, and maybe charging non students 8 dollars round trip to make up the cost would be better.

I a sincerely doubt a 4 dollar price tag will prevent a student from going to the game if interested.

Reactions: NSU67
If $1 would have stopped you when you were in college, you must have had a really sad life in college, or you mooched off everyone else!

Reactions: rickyb55
If $1 would have stopped you when you were in college, you must have had a really sad life in college, or you mooched off everyone else!
Neither. I did what I had to do there and didn’t want to ask anyone for anything more than they offered. My family wasn’t rich and I didn’t want to put them out more than they already were.

I had a meal plan during the week but my family spent what they could to support me for that meal plan. I lied and told them that I wasn’t hungry on the weekends.

I’m doing better now but thanks for being a judgmental asshole!

Come on people- a small fry at Mickie “D’S” is $1.99.

Let’s assume you take 15 hours worth of credits a semester. That is 15 hours in class leaving you 25 hours to study during the week to put in a total of 40 hours. That is enough to get A’s and B’s.

That leaves 128 hours left in the week. 56 of that is sleep leaving 72 for work. Take two, 20 hour, part time jobs at $13 per hour for $520 a week. After tax is $ 450.

That still leaves 4.5 hours A DAY to hang out.

If you can’t get $2 for a ride to a free ball game in a premier stadium something is fishy.

Neither. I did what I had to do there and didn’t want to ask anyone for anything more than they offered. My family wasn’t rich and I didn’t want to put them out more than they already were.

I had a meal plan during the week but my family spent what they could to support me for that meal plan. I lied and told them that I wasn’t hungry on the weekends.

I’m doing better now but thanks for being a judgmental asshole!
While you are not being a judgmental ASSHOLE about paying $2 F'n dollars?

21,605 tonight.

Not great, but the crowd felt a ton better in person. Also seemed like a lot more stayed to the end.

Keep winning and it will keep getting better.

21,605 tonight.

Not great, but the crowd felt a ton better in person. Also seemed like a lot more stayed to the end.

Keep winning and it will keep getting better.

Thanks for the Update. If we keep Winning and increasing our attendance by 2k plus every home game left we should be at close to 30K by the time Reno comes into Town.

8:00 PM Friday night starts aren’t going to be your best attendance games. If they beat SJSU I hope we see a BIG increase for Air Force the following Saturday

If we beat San Jose we would be 5-1! I hope that would atleast catch the attention of another 5K locals or so.

I am debating booking a flight to come down for the game myself.

Was at the opener then at Utah State... as of now the only other game I have on schedule is Reno Thanksgiving weekend. But would love to make the trip from Boise for a few others!

The only way I see the interest in attending UNLV football games growing quickly enough that they open the second level is if they win 3 of the next 4 games and come back to play Fresno State with a 7-2 or better record. If they can find a way to beat Notre Dame (tall order) then I could see a large crowd showing up for Fresno State in the range of 35K+

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT