ADVERTISEMENT

WarthogRebel

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
The announced crowd at the North Texas home game. How many do we get for Friday night's game? I'm guessing 23,000 tops. Washington State and Oregon State are getting between 25000 and 35000 for home games. Most of the rest of the PAC 12 are looking at 35000+ for most home games. We've upped our game on the field, but I'm thinking we need to up our game in attendance as well. But I really don't see how it can be done with all the other offerings in this town.

The announced crowd at the North Texas home game. How many do we get for Friday night's game? I'm guessing 23,000 tops. Washington State and Oregon State are getting between 25000 and 35000 for home games. Most of the rest of the PAC 12 are looking at 35000+ for most home games. We've upped our game on the field, but I'm thinking we need to up our game in attendance as well. But I really don't see how it can be done with all the other offerings in this town.
Really just boils down to winning. If they win, and do so consistently, the attendance will improve quite a bit.

Continue to win...

Opponents/Schedule matter as well.

Other than that not much else you can do.

Side note..

I was shocked by how poorly North Texas traveled to be honest. It felt like Idaho State traveled better.

Lower ticket prices, lower parking prices, lower concession prices and giveaways. Do all of this and continue to win the crowds will start to show up and keep showing up.

Ticket prices are already pretty decent.

They dropped parking prices for this season already.

Concessions are pricey, but what isn't on the strip or big venues..

I wonder if there is language in the contracts that concession food and drink prices have to match other events and UNLV has no say in them.

Game tickets are one thing, but then dropping like $200 for a family of 4 on just food and drinks is hard to stomach for many familes.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I wonder if there is language in the contracts that concession food and drink prices have to match other events and UNLV has no say in them.

Game tickets are one thing, but then dropping like $200 for a family of 4 on just food and drinks is hard to stomach for many familes.

I'm not sure but, I do know DRF did UNLV no favors when negotiating since she basically had one foot out the door! SMDFH

Reactions: 220reb
Late Friday game this week. I wonder if that will hurt attendances
Hopefully we get more people to go. A pretty fun team to watch thus far

Listened to local sports radio this AM and in the afternoon. Rebel win was mentioned, but took a huge back seat to the Raiders and a smaller backseat to VGK. IMO Arroyo should have made himself available and a player also. Perhaps he did and was refused. Also, he could have been interviewed with me missing it. But if he didn’t make himself available it was a mistake.

Listened to local sports radio this AM and in the afternoon. Rebel win was mentioned, but took a huge back seat to the Raiders and a smaller backseat to VGK. IMO Arroyo should have made himself available and a player also. Perhaps he did and was refused. Also, he could have been interviewed with me missing it. But if he didn’t make himself available it was a mistake.
IMHO, UNLV is not there yet. Even if they beat Cal and be 4-0. By some chance if UNLV win the next two goes 5-1, attentions may be sway a little. We see the products. It is good.

Late Friday game this week. I wonder if that will hurt attendances
Hopefully we get more people to go. A pretty fun team to watch thus far
Football and basketball flip flop with attractive times, plus FB is typically weekend. I think night FB games are less attractive than daytime … and daytime basketball games don’t work as well as night games.

When I look on the schematic that shows seats sold at the stadium on UNLVtickets, it really doesn't look like a lot of tickets have been sold! I hope it goes up but I am curious why no news has been put out this season regarding tickets sales?

Got a text from UNLV asking if I was interested in tickets. Nope, not paying 50 bucks to park. I can have a better time watching on HD from my place.

Hey I get it.

But they do offer a $4 round trip shuttle from the T&M on game days, just FYI

I hear ya. Maybe one of the games, we will do that. Last season, I had season tickets and felt they gouged us on parking and concessions.
Plus, I missed the first quarter of the opener because the ticket readers didn’t work, and the ticket office tried to blame the phones.

They definitely made me miss the old recliner.

Reactions: dcut03
Got a text from UNLV asking if I was interested in tickets. Nope, not paying 50 bucks to park. I can have a better time watching on HD from my place.

There is a bar The Tailgater that is free to park at and 5 minute walk to stadium.

Or

Grab 3 friends and carpool and its $12.50 each to park.

There is parking all over the area, and the rates are far lower than last years or the rates of the Raiders! If you look up parking near the stadium, you can find dozens of parking lots all over the place. I do not know which ones are open for UNLV games, but I am sure owners of office buildings and warehouses in the general area are taking advantage of the chance to make money on the weekends!

There is a bar The Tailgater that is free to park at and 5 minute walk to stadium.

Or

Grab 3 friends and carpool and its $12.50 each to park.
Maybe I’m getting old. But after a long week at work, it just seems easier to crack a beer and watch in HD from the couch.

It’s funny cause I remember being a kid and my grandfather/uncles didn’t want to go to a game for that same reason. I grew up in the 80s/90s in NJ so Yankees, Giants, etc. and I can remember thinking I’d never be like that. Yet 30 years later, it seems I am like that.

In my defense, the college football experience out here is still new. We don’t have great traditions yet like Notre Dame does on Gameday. The city doesn’t shut down like some college towns. I work in a department with 20 other people. Maybe 2 of them can tell me UNLV is 3-1 this season. I mean there’s no real podcasts that discuss UNLV football. Other than this place, where else can we talk UNLV football?

I mean I get it, the program needs to be built up brick by brick. I do think it can get to a level where the team is averages 8-9 wins per season, and it’ll be interesting to see how the city reacts to that.

Last edited:
Maybe I’m getting old. But after a long week at work, it just seems easier to crack a beer and watch in HD from the couch.

It’s funny cause I remember being a kid and my grandfather/uncles didn’t want to go to a game for that same reason. I grew up in the 80s/90s in NJ so Yankees, Giants, etc. and I can remember thinking I’d never be like that. Yet 30 years later, it seems I am like that.

In my defense, the college football experience out here is still new. We don’t have great traditions yet like Notre Dame does on Gameday. The city doesn’t shut down like some college towns. I work in a department with 20 other people. Maybe 2 of them can tell me UNLV is 2-1 this season. I mean there’s no real podcasts that discuss UNLV football. Other than this place, where else can we talk UNLV football?

I mean I get it, the program needs to be built up brick by brick. I do think it can get to a level where the team is averages 8-9 wins per season, and it’ll be interesting to see how the city reacts to that.
3-1 😂

In my defense, the college football experience out here is still new. We don’t have great traditions yet like Notre Dame does on Gameday. The city doesn’t shut down like some college towns. I work in a department with 20 other people. Maybe 2 of them can tell me UNLV is 3-1 this season. I mean there’s no real podcasts that discuss UNLV football. Other than this place, where else can we talk UNLV football?

Dude it is not your age so much as the beer...

We are in Texas so we are usually watching on the patio big screen doing 8 ounce curls usual a fine wine. What sucks is if you get up in the morning and have to google the score to know how we did LOL...

I do see that the school and players are trying to get people to come to the game. I noticed that they are now allowing UNLV students who get one free ticket to purchase a companion ticket for $15! If the students would show up in decent numbers, that alone would be enough to push the attendance past 25K. From what I have seen in the past, only a small numbers of students have attended!

I do see that the school and players are trying to get people to come to the game. I noticed that they are now allowing UNLV students who get one free ticket to purchase a companion ticket for $15! If the students would show up in decent numbers, that alone would be enough to push the attendance past 25K. From what I have seen in the past, only a small numbers of students have attended!
They should do whatever they need to do in order to bring the students over. Offer some drawings for incentives and provide free bus rides to and from campus for all students.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT