ADVERTISEMENT

??????

OldSchoolReb

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2008
If you have any legit questions you would like me to ask the coaching staff I can probably get you some answers? Fire away....

I know we have 11-12 players from last years CSN team, how significant of a role will they play on this years team and do you see a pipeline of sorts between UNLV and CSN.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

I could answer that myself but I will still make s phone in the morning and get direct answers for you guys....The transfers will play a huge role and I know they wanted to bring a winning attitude and more talent into the program....There will be a definate pipeline with CSN but TC is going after and getting all of the top local talent...You can only hope that talent at UNLV gets deep enough that they might send players to CSN to get playing time...AKA Andre Either at ASU transfered to a local Jc only to come back to ASU and play....

The only Blackie I know of is one of the best sports bettors of all time so I would say no.....

Coach, I know that the talent coming from Rancho is good but how do they rank against some of the greatest of all time like Maddox and OSR? Is it even fair to compare the greatness of those 60-70s Rancho teams to today's teams?

;)

Just a little early morning ball bustin for you John :)

These kids are very good...Better I don't know! Kids today are so far more advanced because of coaching,training and the # of games they get to play in their youth...yet alone equipment...if I had the bats they use and played 150-200 games a year it would be ugly...Overall there is a ton of baseball talent in the valley. Matt I do have a funny one for you...A friend on facebook sent me a picture of the 1975 JV team when I was at Rancho...On the JV team 3 guys made the bigs and five guy signed pro contracts that played on that JV team...That's not counting Marty Barrett who was with me on varisty...so I would say we had a pretty strong program back then for a town of 30,000...Keep Bustin !!!

Who are the kids most likely to turn pro and when? Does he see us turning into a regular in the CWS?

CWS ??? Is a bit of a stretch...Considering we've never got there...The closest i believe we came to getting to Ohmaha was in 1979 one game away and we had an incredible team that year.
I feel we could be challenging to get there within the next five years. Recruiting will be the key, this years class is a giant step in the right direction.. Just hope that the MLB Draft doesn't bury us in June. It will still take a couple of years to get this class to be major contributers to the UNLV program...big difference between HS and Colege ball...
I'll make a call after this weekend series about MLB prospects and see what the coaches feel, also I'll call Manny Guerra and see what he thinks but It might hurt some feeling though..

My personal favorite Rancho Baseball team would have to be the last great pre-magnet squad of 1997 that shut out then 4-time state champ Green Valley and finished #2 in the conference behind that same team
wink.gif

Ok, maybe regular is a bit of a stretch but I definitely hope it to be at least a possibility.

Rebel just spent some time on the phone with someone who knows baseball. Robinson is probably the best prospect on UNLV this year and has a chance to be drafted...As far as the team goes they're just taking baby steps right now and have a long way to go...The record is good and the style of baseball has been fun to watch but as a top notch program we're still 2-3 years away... Recruiting will be the key to success and it has been excellent to say the least. There are a lot of key people involced in the baseball program from top tier coaches to boosters to CSN to MLB Scouts who are all on board and helping out...That's what it's going to take to turn this around...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT