ADVERTISEMENT

-10 UNLV favorite vs Hawaii

Nice to see but I’d rather we’re marked as a dog. Confidence can breed complacency. Not sure we have a winning mentality just yet to manage the “favorites” label. Too on many years of disappointment showing thru lol!

• Haha
Reactions: Knight Rebel702
Nice to see but I’d rather we’re marked as a dog. Confidence can breed complacency. Not sure we have a winning mentality just yet to manage the “favorites” label. Too on many years of disappointment showing thru lol!
I don't see it with Odom as HC. You can tell he has something to prove here at UNLV. He was happy with the win last night but not happy with giving up a few Big pass plays. He knows that for us to beat Fresno AFA our Defense must improve ASAP.

I don't see it with Odom as HC. You can tell he has something to prove here at UNLV. He was happy with the win last night but not happy with giving up a few Big pass plays. He knows that for us to beat Fresno AFA our Defense must improve ASAP.
Strikes me as the type of coach that would celebrate modestly with his team then immediately close the door and get back to work.

I do think 10 is a lot of points though. I can see it going either way. Hawaii might dominate us over the top. If we can't get home, I think we may be in for a long afternoon. But control the ball and the clock. Make them force it. Make them make the mistakes.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
We’re 3-1, let’s ride the gravy train!!

Should be an Electric game with tons of Hawaiians in town to watch.

I got seats right next to the opponent so I will be on my best behavior.

Some Hawaii stats:

Schager: 133/208, 1348 yds, 12 TD, 6 INT
Ashlock: 34 rec for 439 yds & 3 TD
McBride: 24 rec for 289 yds & 5 TD

I really believe that he will throw for 400+ against our secondary. I've watched every Hawaii game and Ashlock is a problem. McBride is a good WR2 for them and they have a couple of WR that just came back from injury too.

Their running game is basically nonexistent so we can pin our ears back. We will definitely need to bring a lot of pressure because letting Schager stand there will plenty of time spells disaster. Ashlock is 6'2 and McBride is 6'1 so they can win plenty of jump balls too.

I really think the 10 spread is just to get us to not cover the spread cuz we have covered every game. Thinking like a gambler lol

Yes. Run run run. Burn the clock and keep their offense on the bench. Has the added benefit of not asking our freshman QB to make a bunch of big plays.

That's where the coach comes in, don't you think?

Hawai’is offense has scored 30 points combined the last 2 weeks and has only scored over 30 (31) once vs UAlbany an FCS school that traveled 12 hours without their head coach to play that game.
NMSU and Oregon are their last two games. Surprised they only put up 20 on NMSU, but makes sense they'd only get 10 on Oregon. Just under 550 yards of offense in those two games. Also less than I expected to find.

QB has really solid passing numbers, but threw for over 350 each in losses vs Stanford and Vandy. That's more than half of the total passing yards, which makes me feel better. They were likely chasing points in those as well.

Just a matter of whether they commit to the pass and going big regularly early on. If they do, I wouldn't be shocked if they are able to hang some points on us.

But it is nice to see that NMSU did well.

May be an over-reaction to how far off they were on the UTEP line. That was an easy cover for the Rebs and without the number of mistakes at crucial times, we could have covered 30 points on them easily.

I was at the game and it really felt that way.

Game was pretty comfortably in hand most of the night.

Not to be disrespectful to that team but it honestly felt like the Rebs had as much to do with them hanging around as anything they were doing. Some bad penalties to extend their drives.

What are the best ways to get to/from the stadium, from the East/SE side of town? Do they have shuttles to/from certain hotels? I've been down to a different event at Allegiant and it was a huge pain in the butt getting in and out of the on site parking lots. I'm thinking of getting tickets to the Hawaii game this weekend, but I don't know the best way to handle the parking issue. TIA

What are the best ways to get to/from the stadium, from the East/SE side of town? Do they have shuttles to/from certain hotels? I've been down to a different event at Allegiant and it was a huge pain in the butt getting in and out of the on site parking lots. I'm thinking of getting tickets to the Hawaii game this weekend, but I don't know the best way to handle the parking issue. TIA
For UNLV games, parking on site is a breeze. H lot costs $50 and is accessible off of Dean Martin. For UNLV games, both directions of travel stays open (North and South) so you can access from either direction.

Other option is to park at Mandalay Bay and walk over Hacienda. Or, buy a parking pass through spothero.com which has many private parking lot options available in the area.

• Love
May be an over-reaction to how far off they were on the UTEP line. That was an easy cover for the Rebs and without the number of mistakes at crucial times, we could have covered 30 points on them easily.
I liked the Rebels so much in this one. When the spread was so tiny, it seemed too good to be true. I had it pegged around 7 or 8 point UNLV favorite and I thought they’d cover that. I picked a 17 point spread, Tripoda called me crazy … and the Rebels SHOULD HAVE won by more than even that. And this has nothing to do with the Rebels, this is because UTEP sucks so badly.

I think the UNLV -10 vs Hawaii is off as well. I don’t think it should be that high. Hawaii can put some points up and UNLV knows how to give up points. If Hawaii gets on that offensive roll, it could be tighter.

I’m looking forward to this game for more than a 4-1 start. I want to see the defensive game plan for this one. Even though Hawaii can score … they aren’t multifaceted and we know what they’re going to do … should be able to have a solid game plan to slow that part down. Easier when a team doesn’t have a lot of options.

I think we could easily win by over 10 points, I just wouldn't bet on it.

It's a rivalry game, they will have a bunch of fans there (hopefully More Rebel fans show out). You never know with these games.

I do think that the fact we have covered all 4 games this year may have something to do with it. Though I can see this number dropping because I Imagine the money will be pushing the other way.

I think we could easily win by over 10 points, I just wouldn't bet on it.

It's a rivalry game, they will have a bunch of fans there (hopefully More Rebel fans show out). You never know with these games.

I do think that the fact we have covered all 4 games this year may have something to do with it. Though I can see this number dropping because I Imagine the money will be pushing the other way.
I can see us winning by 30. I really can.

But Hawaii games have been historically whacky.

But I think for us to lose, we have to have an awful defensive game plan, forget how to tackle and we’d have to turn it over a few times on offense. That happens, it can be tight or we will lose.

I’ve been betting the Rebels all year. I thought everyone was underestimating us. That said, this might be too much of an over correction. I hope the Rebels cover in a big blowout win but I won’t put big money on it. Ten points is huge. If this Rebel team is for real we should beat them easily but even then a late garbage time TD could cost a 10 point spread.

I’ve been betting the Rebels all year. I thought everyone was underestimating us. That said, this might be too much of an over correction. I hope the Rebels cover in a big blowout win but I won’t put big money on it. Ten points is huge. If this Rebel team is for real we should beat them easily but even then a late garbage time TD could cost a 10 point spread.

Agree.

It's essentially our other rivalry game. Anything can happen in those games.

Look I thought CU was being over hyped overrated but thought they would roll what was not a very good CSU team. But rivalry games being what they are, Rams had every chance to win that game.

Same applies here.

Totally a guess but this feels like the books trying to get some Hawaii money in.

If line was 5.5 to 7.5 I'd probably lay money. 10? That's two scores and scary for the reasons you mentioned.

RTC has shuttles before and after the games. I don't know the departure points however. I do know that it's $2.00 each way.

For UNLV games, parking on site is a breeze. H lot costs $50 and is accessible off of Dean Martin. For UNLV games, both directions of travel stays open (North and South) so you can access from either direction.

Other option is to park at Mandalay Bay and walk over Hacienda. Or, buy a parking pass through spothero.com which has many private parking lot options available in the area.
RTC have shuttles running before and after the games @ $2.00 each way.

RTC has shuttles before and after the games. I don't know the departure points however. I do know that it's $2.00 each way.
One of the departure locations is at the UNLV transit location at Maryland Parkway and University Road. You can park for free in the parking lot behind the transit center. It is $2 each way or $4 round trip per person. Make sure you bring the exact change.

Reactions: RebelScrub
One of the departure locations is at the UNLV transit location at Maryland Parkway and University Road. You can park for free in the parking lot behind the transit center. It is $2 each way or $4 round trip per person. Make sure you bring the exact change.
Do you typically have to wait a long time for that? How about the wait and lines for the ride back?

I take Sunset from about Pecos to Valley View. Valley View to Oquendo then Oquendo to Polaris which runs along front of the stadium. I like coming in via Polaris since it is not a turn off of Russell to get onto Polaris. I have a J lot pass so that's pretty easy.

Do they run busses from the Thomas and Mack?

It seems like a great opportunity to have cheap or free shuttles, perhaps some tail gaiting. Students too.

Do they run busses from the Thomas and Mack?

It seems like a great opportunity to have cheap or free shuttles, perhaps some tail gaiting. Students too.
In the past, I would follow what the students do to get to the stadium...if it legal and ethical. lol
From campus to T&m and to Sam Boyd, I just asked for their advice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT