ADVERTISEMENT

10-4?

rebel5280

Rebel Legend
Feb 26, 2006
We seem like we are in a free fall now!
Does anyone here think we can finish 10-4, or do we back into recruiting season 9-5?

It depends on who our bowl opponent is.
Now that we lost the MWC championship game. I hope we don’t play a USC or UCLA, I don’t like our chances against teams like that!

It depends on who our bowl opponent now that we lost the MWC championship game?

I am hoping we don’t play USC or UCLA, I don’t like our chances against teams like that!
It would be great to play a game vs a big name, especially since they likely will be mailing it in.

Now that we lost the MWC championship game. I hope we don’t play a USC or UCLA, I don’t like our chances against teams like that!
I believe there is zero chance we play a P5 team. Most likely will play a MAC or CUSA team.

Reactions: dcut03
It would be great to play a game vs a big name, especially since they likely will be mailing it in.
Maybe.

But a P-5 second and third team guys are more talented than our guys, that’s my only concern.
We need to win the bowl game because 9-5 don’t look as good as 10-4 to recruits and guys in the portal!

Depends on the bowl game, but if you come out like we did the last two weeks, there are very few bowl teams we would compete with

Does anyone know what bowl we'll be invited to?

unfortunately the NM Bowl or AZ Bowl you get a MWC caliber opponent which generates zero interest on any level local or national. No one is saying I can’t wait to tune in on Dec 20th to see UNLV vs Toledo or NMSU. Play a P5 school like Boise will and it draws interest from everyone wanting to see the little guy beat the name school.

Reactions: rebel5280
unfortunately the NM Bowl or AZ Bowl you get a MWC caliber opponent which generates zero interest on any level local or national. No one is saying I can’t wait to tune in on Dec 20th to see UNLV vs Toledo or NMSU. Play a P5 school like Boise will and it draws interest from everyone wanting to see the little guy beat the name school.
I agree!

We can’t pull off a win like that with this team. A UCLA P-5 caliber team would “boat race” us in a bowl, which would kill any momentum going into the off season.

At this point, I’m more concerned with just winning a bowl rather than playing a bigger name. Would hate to end the season on a 4 game losing streak. Getting a bowl win looks and sounds better and then you are also sitting 10-4 rather 9-5. So I welcome a MWC caliber school rather than a USC or UCLA type.

Didn't we play Toledo in the 1980s too?
We played Toledo in the Glass Bowl a number of years ago. I think we were blown out by end of 1st quarter if I remember correctly. As for the KU bowl game, I'll take back the total blowout remark. We may have a shot if they decide not to show up to play as I'm sure a game vs. UNLV is probably a huge letdown for them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT