ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV vs Stetson Thread

I love the court. CLASSIC

the body language of the team wreaks - its noticeable - its gonna be a long struggle - the team HAs ZERO identity and no leaders. They look like a ragtag team of misplaced transfers and a babyfaced kid who should still be in HS. ALL together making a NON cohesive bunch of undermotivated kids playing for a lameduck coach to an empty crowd. When does that UFC fight start ???

Maybe UNLV will be an ok outside shooting team. I don’t think they’ll be good with it. No real sharpshooters. I don’t have the stats but it’s looking like most of their shots are from 3. That’s a sign of a bad, lazy offense. Stetson is bad with it too, they’re just shooting it worse and UNLV has been ok with it.

But it demonstrates the point. We run a garbage offense.

The most noticeable thing is the atmosphere. It’s chilly, it’s quiet, few paying attention (it’s not good basketball so it’s easy to stray). Just flatlined excitement and product.

The only positive from this game is that DJT is on triple double watch; 4 pts, 4 rebs, & 5 ast in the first half.

Loved seeing Hunt. Really came to the game to see him. Definitely long overdue. Just left as the second half began. Positive steps at least. Team played much better. Still a long long way to go. No longer confident CKK can get it done. Hope he proves me wrong in spades. Not holding my breath.

That Southern game really soured any hope I had for this season. Is it because Football has blown me away this year? Because we're killing this team and I could absolutely care less. This is not enjoyable.

Reactions: RebelScrub
That Southern game really soured any hope I had for this season. Is it because Football has blown me away this year? Because we're killing this team and I could absolutely care less. This is not enjoyable.
This!

After the Southern game you just see a team that is going to disappoint this year, more than they will excite. No way we are anything more than a middle of the road MWC team who is more than likely playing on Tuesday in the MWC tournament!

Reactions: SilverSpoon
The offense is ugly as hell. Half our shots from three point land and it’s not like we are the GSW from years back.

Dedan was really good and the defense was much better.

But Stetson was pretty damn bad. We played better but that’s a relative term.

Just not seeing a lot of oomph, nothing that would really concern a quality opponent.

Reactions: CEERebel
Was still very “meh”. Offense was still on the lousy side of things, too dependent on the 3 when we don’t have enough reliable shooters. Too much dribbling, no movement…it’s like groundhogs day all over again this season. Lurod keeps chucking them up and we are screwed if he’s as streaky as he was last season, obviously things can change, especially if Keylan gets his waiver approved. I did like to see the bigs sharing the ball, Kalib and Whaley had some nice dishes.

L Rod is a good slasher and mid range guy. Who on the staff gives him green light to shoot that flat 3 the bounces hard off the rim? After 2 years of this you would think someone would make him only do what he is good at.

The one Stetson big guy was better than anyone on our team. How can small schools keep findings guys better than our guys?

L Rod is a good slasher and mid range guy. Who on the staff gives him green light to shoot that flat 3 the bounces hard off the rim?
I would assume that him working on the 3pt shot is part of the reason he transferred and staid on an additional year. If he wants to get paid for playing the game, he's gotta have a 3 to go with his Defense.

None of these guys are going pro anytime soon. Let’s get that out the way lol

• Haha
Reactions: bcvegaspt
None of these guys are going pro anytime soon. Let’s get that out the way lol
Oh Scrub, you sweet summer child. Playing professionally means so much more these days than just NBA/G-league. Here's a list of UNLV players currently under pro contract:

UNLV Players

If Jonah Antonio, Troy Baxter Jr., David Jenkins, and Trey Woodbury can get professional contracts, so can LuRod--but if he can shoot he can make more money.

Oh Scrub, you sweet summer child. Playing professionally means so much more these days than just NBA/G-league. Here's a list of UNLV players currently under pro contract:

UNLV Players

If Jonah Antonio, Troy Baxter Jr., David Jenkins, and Trey Woodbury can get professional contracts, so can LuRod--but if he can shoot he can make more money.
Those guys are bums. And haven’t won an ncaa game. Who are u fooling?

For a lot of them, they just want to get paid to play. The NBA is tough to make it into.

I don’t blame the kids. Depending on where you go, you aren’t going to make much … but you’re playing the game you love. Do it for 10 years if you can, then hopefully use your degree or if you are lucky, find something in hoops.

Scrub. Have you ever been to Germany, Greece, Slovenia etc. These guys are getting paid to play ball. Plus, they are in beautiful countries full of gorgeous women. For a single guy only the NBA could beat this for a few years.

Pepperdine will be tough. New guard from Kent, Wa. was MVP in JC. Scored twenty seven in second game. We can't have Webster directing how Thomas runs the offense like he did in the second half vs Stestson. Only good thing about that game is how good Boone and Isaiah would be if they played together instead of sitting out when one is on the floor. Thomas is better free wheeling. There was more movement but it was not habitual.Guys are still learning the rotations. Without Boone and Isaiah on the floor at the same time, Hill will have to play like he is 7footer. Boone is the real deal, but FSU has more really big guys. The rotations suck as far as I am concerned. Play these guys until they drop. Duke did it with seven forever.
Nowell is going to be out for awhile. Brooklyn looks like a D1 player. His only shot was short and KK pulled him.

Reactions: the Florian Trout
For a lot of them, they just want to get paid to play. The NBA is tough to make it into.

I don’t blame the kids. Depending on where you go, you aren’t going to make much … but you’re playing the game you love. Do it for 10 years if you can, then hopefully use your degree or if you are lucky, find something in hoops.
Pretty close.

Even with ample free tickets floating around.

Does it look that bad on TV?
It looks bad in person, I know..I
Scrub. Have you ever been to Germany, Greece, Slovenia etc. These guys are getting paid to play ball. Plus, they are in beautiful countries full of gorgeous women. For a single guy only the NBA could beat this for a few years.
dude I’m not saying not making the nba is a bad gig. What Im saying is..This team f’n sucks and the product on the floor is terrible.
I have been to Germany and Greece. Im not saying overseas is a bad gig.

Reactions: the Florian Trout
They all were bums here, and are all getting paid to play professionally. The higher your skill, the better places you get to play for salary and/'or quality of life. So when we say LuRod is working on his skill set for his pro game it could make the difference between him playing in a good league at a luxury level salary or a less desirable league where he'll have to get a second job in a foreign country. The NBA is by far the most lucrative league, then the Chinese Basketball Association (they mostly bring over ex-NBA talent), then the Saudi Premier League, followed by Western Europe. The Russian Leagues actually pay pretty well, but after the Griner incident there's a lot lower trust there.

Pepperdine will be tough. New guard from Kent, Wa. was MVP in JC. Scored twenty seven in second game. We can't have Webster directing how Thomas runs the offense like he did in the second half vs Stestson. Only good thing about that game is how good Boone and Isaiah would be if they played together instead of sitting out when one is on the floor. Thomas is better free wheeling. There was more movement but it was not habitual.Guys are still learning the rotations. Without Boone and Isaiah on the floor at the same time, Hill will have to play like he is 7footer. Boone is the real deal, but FSU has more really big guys. The rotations suck as far as I am concerned. Play these guys until they drop. Duke did it with seven forever.
Nowell is going to be out for awhile. Brooklyn looks like a D1 player. His only shot was short and KK pulled him.
Webster has had a very poor start. We really need a perimeter threat and either he or JJ need to step it up. I’m not confident either will. I’d like to see Brooklyn get some time and see what he can do as a freshman. Can’t be any worse than the open bricks thrown up by Webster coupled with his porous defense.

Webster has had a very poor start. We really need a perimeter threat and either he or JJ need to step it up. I’m not confident either will. I’d like to see Brooklyn get some time and see what he can do as a freshman. Can’t be any worse than the open bricks thrown up by Webster coupled with his porous
If Pepperdine is tough, it’s because we make it look that way, not because they are good or tough. It’s like trying to setup an excuse for a loss and reason to celebrate a win.

They suck. Just playing mediocre basketball gives us a double digit win.

If Pepperdine is tough, it’s because we make it look that way, not because they are good or tough. It’s like trying to setup an excuse for a loss and reason to celebrate a win.

They suck. Just playing mediocre basketball gives us a double digit win.

Didn’t they lose to UC Davis???? And a win vs Lafayette? Not that UNLV has been impressive, but playing an opponent up as a juggernaut when they’re a bed shitter ….

Reactions: LVRebel2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT