ADVERTISEMENT

Line ‘em up: Predictions and Game Thread UNLV vs Creighton

We will show some grit and cut a 20 point lead to 12 with a fierce 12-4 run in the last 3 minutes.
More likely we do our run at the 7 or 8 min mark, but once it gets in the last few minutes we come up with 3-4 straight empty possessions and the lead balloons back up to 17-18. Then some desperation 3 attempts could push the lead past 20.

Really difficult to predict our beatdown. Creighton just beat Nebraska by 29 pts. Nebraska's KenPom rating is 60th. We are rated 134th in KenPom. A lot will depend on how quick we give up and how much Creighton wants to embarrass us. They will be trying to blow out inferior teams on neutral courts to get better seeding come Tournament time. Good for us they have a slow tempo just like us. Rebounding will be a huge issue. ( Creighton ave 41 - Rebs ave 30 and we are missing Hill) I can see them outrebounding us by 15. Also they a a few really top notch players and we don't except at point. We only have one player who would see big minutes on their squad and at least 40% of our team would'nt be on scholarship.

Creighton 86
Rebels 61

Last edited:
Really difficult to predict our beatdown. Creighton just beat Nebraska by 29 pts. Nebraska's KenPom rating is 60th. We are rated 134th in KenPom. A lot will depend on how quick we give up and how much Creighton wants to embarrass us. They will be trying to blow out inferior teams on neutral courts to get better seeding come Tournament time. Good for us they have a slow tempo just like us. Rebounding will be a huge issue. ( Creighton ave 41 - Rebs ave 30 and we are missing Hill) I can see them outrebounding us by 15. Also they a a few really top notch players and we don't except at point. We only have one player who would see big minutes on their squad and at least 40% of our team would be on scholarship.

Creighton 86
Rebels 61
Hopefully they fill up on egg nog and rum before they play us.

We aren’t going to be competitive against the Blue Jays and you can forget an upset, UNLV gets “boat raced” AGAIN!

Reactions: Trax0r
We will show some grit and cut a 20 point lead to 12 with a fierce 12-4 run in the last 3 minutes.
It is really sad that the basketball team of 2023 had turned into the football team of the past. In other words we are just waiting for one of these three things to happen:
1) Fire the coach mid season.
2) Fire the coach at the end of the season.
3) Keep going with the slow build system.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
We aren’t going to be competitive against the Blue Jays and you can forget an upset, UNLV gets “boat raced” AGAIN!
If we win, it’ll save the season, right?

What’s really screwed. Even if you turned our most embarrassing loss (our football Howard loss to Southern) into a 40 point win, the season is still bad. Add beating LMU by a dozen … still not going all that well, some would be ok with it, many would be ambivalent with it.

Reactions: the Florian Trout
93 Creighton
54 UNLV

Unlv just doesn’t have that grit factor to clean the glass, perimeter team without any perimeter threat. It’ll be interesting to see if unlv has any fight or they just give up.

Really bad match up for UNLV (on top of being out-classed talent wise). We don’t rebound or defend the 3. Creighton does both exceptionally well. It will be an embarrassment until Creighton empties their bench and their lead is cut to the 20s. I thought Menzies was the low point for the program but we may dip below that (even though I think CKK is a better coach, certainly a better human being).

Reactions: lvrebalum2012
Really bad match up for UNLV (on top of being out-classed talent wise). We don’t rebound or defend the 3. Creighton does both exceptionally well. It will be an embarrassment until Creighton empties their bench and their lead is cut to the 20s. I thought Menzies was the low point for the program but we may dip below that (even though I think CKK is a better coach, certainly a better human being).
Menzies did have a slew of 20, 30 and even a 40 point loss. He was historic in that respect.

Dude this is a trap match.

The missing Boone will show up and keep the game respectable.

We will cover unfortunately.

Reactions: lvrebalum2012
Playing with intensity tonight, don’t look half bad. Can we keep it up for 40 minutes though

paulie-rocky.gif

ssomeone showed Kevin the game tape from the Elite 8 because this is the same pace and style that SDSU took to Creighton... physical inside, active hands, taking it to Kalkbrenner instead of waiting for him to block you... aggressive

I’m loving the play tonight but Webster needs to sit. He’s gawd awful.

Boone and DJ are showing they belong on the national scene. Hopefully we keep this up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT