ADVERTISEMENT

Line ‘em up: Predictions and Game Thread UNLV at Dayton

How is the Chinese guy from Dayton doing? He’s a freakin’ beast.

We are going to get boatraced, sadly. Happily come back and eat my words if we win.

I don't feel good about it. But when I have felt good about it, we've gotten beat up, so maybe in some way, I'm reverse jinxing Dayton. We'll see tonight.

Reactions: j. spilotro
I don't feel good about it. But when I have felt good about it, we've gotten beat up, so maybe in some way, I'm reverse jinxing Dayton. We'll see tonight.
I do that sort of stupid crap all the time and I know it’s stupid upfront, but still do it.

Can’t tell you how many times I’ve changed outfits when I watch a game at home. And other garbage.

I do that sort of stupid crap all the time and I know it’s stupid upfront, but still do it.

Can’t tell you how many times I’ve changed outfits when I watch a game at home. And other garbage.
Coach Odom changed shirts at halftime vs Boise in the CCG, hilarious and I loved that he was neurotic like the rest of us.

As for this game vs Dayton. 73-67 unlv, I only say that because in the CKK era, we’ve lose games (Fresno 2021, New Mexico 2021 games) we should win and (sometimes) win games we should lose.

UNLV 75
Dayton 72

Hope Cottrell reads this board, takes it personally and plays like 6'10" 240 lb big men should play - like they own the paint. No good excuse why he and Boone can't be dominant down low. Maybe Webster finds his shot. Maybe Nowell shows up and has a big game. I hate relying on hopes and maybes.

UNLV 75
Dayton 72

Hope Cottrell reads this board, takes it personally and plays like 6'10" 240 lb big men should play - like they own the paint. No good excuse why he and Boone can't be dominant down low. Maybe Webster finds his shot. Maybe Nowell shows up and has a big game. I hate relying on hopes and maybes.
I think we are asking him to be something he's not. He was never that guy, not in HS, not at WVU.

It's kind of similar to Matt Shaw. He had a big body too, but wasn't strong around the basket or defending bigs. He could shoot it. But we didn't heavily rely on Matt as a primary contributor, either. He was a complementary player that filled a niche need.

Reactions: WarthogRebel
That guy is Mongolian. He transferred. He's at USF now.

UNLV 70
Dayton 82
Have you ever eaten at Great Wall Chinese Restaurant behind Jimmy John’s on Charleston and Rancho. [roll]

lol, the wall was built to keep out the Mongolians.[roll]

We’re doing the same thing but Mexico IS North Amerix

• Haha
Reactions: VegasKC SDM
Sounds like unlv doesn’t want another loss on the season. Who wants to be 3-6?
Yeah, pretty sure UNLV wasn’t going to fight to get this game back on the slate. Even if they had open dates available, I’m sure they didn’t want it. Instead of stacking easy wins, like the one that UNLV will count against Carrol College next week, a win that doesn’t actually count, but UNLV will make sure to count it … this is a way to avoid yet another blemish.

Reactions: Trax0r
Yeah, pretty sure UNLV wasn’t going to fight to get this game back on the slate. Even if they had open dates available, I’m sure they didn’t want it. Instead of stacking easy wins, like the one that UNLV will count against Carrol College next week, a win that doesn’t actually count, but UNLV will make sure to count it … this is a way to avoid yet another blemish.
Lose to them and you would have to fire immediately. No way that happens. On the bright side it will be our biggest win margin of the year.

It is time to make a correction to the Dayton game being cancelled. A game typically means that two teams are playing competitively to see who will win, in this case UNLV had zero chance of winning, so it was actually a loss that was cancelled.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT