ADVERTISEMENT

Trilly

That would be the end of CKK at UNLV. Hopefully it’s just leverage for more NIL from UNLV (if that’s even possible).

Jefferson rumored to be going to Houston as well or somewhere else.

Problem is Houston is not losing a lot of guys and they are already loaded for next season.

For UNLV, it will cause a lot of players to rethink their plans at unlv. The momentum of the “nit” run and building around Dedan is completely blown up. That narrative is gone and now CKK must realize his job just got extremely difficult. What is he going to sell the players now?

Reactions: LVRebel2000
IF true, it was fun watching him for a year. Too bad the team squandered too many opportunities, or we could have had an NCAAT appearance to show for it.

Reactions: unlove and reagan21
Honestly, as a student who went to almost every game for the first time ever this year, I can pretty confidently say that if DJT leaves I will not attend a single game or have any real interest next year. I can’t blame him if he decides to leave, but I hope Kevin Kruger’s out the door. This transfer would definitely set our team back a few years, to say the least.

This type of high impact transfer definitely sets you back. It's hard to over come being an average team where your whole team is built around him. And even worse, the incoming class gets drastically impacted, along with your recruiting strategy, targets, and timeline. You're basically rebuilding an entire team and class from scratch

They aren't getting rid of CKK. CKK's buyout is @ $ 1.57 mil. Without huge booster support we'll end up with our version of the new USU coach, only a little worse. Harper will hold his nose, pray for a miracle, raise $$ and wait a year.

You’ve got some kind of protection on your account. All the tweets you post don’t show up ever
Idk why it doesnt work...it used to and then a couple of months ago, it stopped. I just tweeted a sweating gif.

Reactions: art8
It shows up when I post the link and post the reply, then disappears in a second. Dont know what to tell you.
My guess is you have restricted something unknowingly in your account settings.

Idk why it doesnt work...it used to and then a couple of months ago, it stopped. I just tweeted a sweating gif.

Lobby, in the wake of this Dedan rumor. I was replaying the expectations and how the season went and came to the conclusion that this past iteration of Runnin Rebels basketball was NOT a close knit team. AT ALL.

DUI to start off the season, guys were checked out in some games, player peace’s out before the NIT, Jackie enters portal, best player ready to bolt etc.

I don’t think these issues are about NIL but the team chemistry was not good. Have you heard anything along those lines behind the scenes? I’m not asking for specifics but more like a confirmation.

Lobby, in the wake of this Dedan rumor. I was replaying the expectations and how the season went and came to the conclusion that this past iteration of Runnin Rebels basketball was NOT a close knit team. AT ALL.

DUI to start off the season, guys were checked out in some games, player peace’s out before the NIT, Jackie enters portal, best player ready to bolt etc.

I don’t think these issues are about NIL but the team chemistry was not good. Have you heard anything along those lines behind the scenes? I’m not asking for specifics but more like a confirmation.
It’s been worse than it was, but it wasn’t an all for one, one for all type of situation. Certainly nothing like Arkansas but this team wasn’t going to feed off each other to lift the team.

if he leaves he leaves..

I wouldn’t blame him one bit.

No, typically we wait till the middle of conference season to do it...
But in the portal age, recruiting period doesn't really matter. A good coach that we should be aiming to hire would be able to bring players from their current roster and convince the portal recruits they're targeting to follow... if Las Vegas is really the recruiting destination and the MWC the top tier of G5s it shouldn't be hard to convince low to mid-tier G5 kids to come with him...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT