ADVERTISEMENT

Dedan Liked Tweet

Huge sigh of relief. I was able to drag some fellow students to games this year and got them relatively interested in rebels hoops, and DJ was the real draw for everybody. I think depending on transfers there's a real shot that this is a top 25 team next season.

You’re already fitting in well on this board.
I don't think this is that unreasonable though, lol. The team had negative spacing and rebounding capacity, but I think if those two things are added via the portal and DJ takes another step forward, I think it's pretty easy to see us as one of those fringe ranked teams week in and week out. IMO we looked better than almost every team we played in the regular season (let's memoryhole Seton Hall) and just choked in clutch moments.

I don't think this is that unreasonable though, lol. The team had negative spacing and rebounding capacity, but I think if those two things are added via the portal and DJ takes another step forward, I think it's pretty easy to see us as one of those fringe ranked teams week in and week out. IMO we looked better than almost every team we played in the regular season (let's memoryhole Seton Hall) and just choked in clutch moments.
We lost three starters.

Usually I don’t badmouth people that I met in person but Lurod Quit on the god damn team. Plain simple.

would he have made a difference against Seton Hall..who knows, who cares but he quit.

You got a thorough break from getting bounced after we lost at MWC tournament.

Rest up..play in shitty tournament.

He got out of dodge. Wish him well.

Last edited:
Reactions: TimothyC3
If he stays.
It must have been a power play. Like more NIL money 4 him and for players around him and having a say on who we bring in? Something on those lines.
If this is true and DJ had to go to that length to get Kevin and CO’s attention about recruiting then you can also surmise that Kevin still doesn’t get it and has been the wrong guy from the start! He doesn’t know what he is doing and UNLV basketball continues to suffer as long as he is here as HC.

Yeah we may be G5 and yeah we may not have a big NIL bag but I refuse to believe things cannot be better with Rebel hoops, it can be but not under this current regime.

Get rid of the problem so kids who are loyal don’t have to do “power plays” to get things fixed.

Get rid of Kevin and watch things get better with a former HC type instead of an assistant who got the job because of his dad.

He is holding our program hostage with his ineptitude as a coach!

Last edited:
If this is true and DJ had to go to that length to get Kevin and CO’s attention about recruiting then you can also surmise that Kevin still doesn’t get it and has been the wrong guy from the start! He doesn’t know what he is doing and UNLV basketball continues to suffer as long as he is here as HC.

Yeah we may be G5 and yeah we may not have a big NIL bag but I refuse to believe things cannot be better with Rebel hoops, it can be but not unde this current regime.

Get rid of the problem so kids who are loyal don’t have to do “power plays” to get things fixed.

Get rid of Kevin and watch things get better with a former HC type instead of an assistant who got the job because of his dad.

Why assume that? What if Kevin was actually involved in it and it had more to do with pushing boosters? I don’t know that, but have to think that’s an option as well.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I think depending on transfers there's a real shot that this is a top 25 team next season.

Ill believe it when I see it, but yes this is true. In BB just need a couple of guys so like every year UNLV fans will hope next seasson is the year the right guys stay and the right guys come in, been what 16 years since UNLV has one a tourney game?

Yeah we may be G5 and yeah we may not have a big NIL bag but I refuse to believe things cannot be better with Rebel hoops, it can be but not unde this current regime.

I certainly hope it was something to get his attention and maybe get him to target the right players. Based on Kevin's comments he seems to be feeling pretty good about roster construction so maybe that struck a nerve with DTJ and they had a heart to heart about who should be brought in around him. Or maybe simply there was a huge offer on the table and there was indication that it was being accepted but then decided ultimately not to... who knows

Why assume that? What if Kevin was actually involved in it and it had more to do with pushing boosters? I don’t know that, but have to think that’s an option as well.
It’s all assumptions by all of us because we are not privy to anything.

If Kevin was involved and on the same page with what needs to be done going forward from the start, then why was the exercise necessary in the first place?

It’s more likely Kevin needed it to be made “crystal clear” what you have done in the past has not worked and in order to compete next year the team needs to be set up with input from your star PG.

No more stiffs in the middle, wings that cannot shoot or guys who are cancers!

But who knows why the UH and DJ smoke was started, it just matters that it was there!

It’s all assumptions by all of us because we are not privy to anything.

If Kevin was involved and on the same page with what needs to be done going forward from the start, then why was the exercise necessary in the first place?

It’s more likely Kevin needed it to be made “crystal clear” what you have done in the past has not worked and in order to compete next year the team needs to be set up with input from your star PG.

No more stiffs in the middle, wings that cannot shoot or guys who are cancers!

But who knows why the UH and DJ smoke was started, it just matters that it was there!
I don't think it is over yet with UH and DJ.

Huge sigh of relief. I was able to drag some fellow students to games this year and got them relatively interested in rebels hoops, and DJ was the real draw for everybody. I think depending on transfers there's a real shot that this is a top 25 team next season.
I know - SHWEEEEW - that was nerve racking

What a relief to see that he hit that like button _ i was so scared he was going to transfer but now that I saw that he liked a TWEET - I know his future is safe in Las VEgas for the near future

Reactions: Doneoett
Ill believe it when I see it, but yes this is true. In BB just need a couple of guys so like every year UNLV fans will hope next seasson is the year the right guys stay and the right guys come in, been what 16 years since UNLV has one a tourney game?
It's been exhaustive being a UNLV fan since the mid '90s till now. One thing for sure this era has taught me is humility. ... I often tell people... This multiverse has helped me be thankful for the lows so I could appreciate the highs, cuz what else is there (for UNLVmbb) ... aside from repeats of disappointment, anxiety, and libations... 😮‍💨🍷🥴🙄🥹

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT