ADVERTISEMENT

Jackie Johnson III is in the portal

Anyone know if the second transfer case will be resolved prior to next season? Just wondering if this has any impact on the market for some players? Is it a risk to think the NCAA could win (though they probably won’t)?

Reactions: LVRebel2000
He’s definitely a bench role if he stays provided the staff pulls in the transfers we need. Can’t blame him if he wants to end his career starting and playing significant minutes. Opens up another spot for an impact transfer. Sure hope DTJ is recruiting as well.

He can be easily upgraded with a replacement.
I wish the kid well but we should be able to upgrade easily. A 5-10 guard has to shoot better than 35% from three and if not, he better be creating and dishing, which he didn’t. He’s fine as a backup but if he wants starter minutes, he should find a better spot to land. If he were starting here next year, it means UNLV really missed in the portal.

Yeah, another transfer that never lived up to his potential. Needed to be a killer from 3 and absolute handles with his size. It never clicked and we should find replacements easily...
Now when do the next 3 hit the portal

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I wish the kid well but we should be able to upgrade easily. A 5-10 guard has to shoot better than 35% from three and if not, he better be creating and dishing, which he didn’t. He’s fine as a backup but if he wants starter minutes, he should find a better spot to land. If he were starting here next year, it means UNLV really missed in the portal.

He is a JAG on a team full of JAGs which is a problem that plagues CKK since taking over the head job and even under TJO as an assistant.

All you have to do is look at this teams metrics in rebounding, tempo, shooting etc, it was a disaster. JJ just wasn’t a fit here, and whatever CKK was running didn’t fit JJs game. Good luck to him, he was one of the few that did give a complete effort on the floor.

I hear the reasons for letting JJ3 go but he was entertaining. Me and my buddies went to a preseason tourney at JSerra Pavillion in SoCal (High School). We played Southern Illinois and Minnesota.

We got front row seats and were hanging with Mark Wade. Rebels were trying to push the tempo up off of turnovers that their defense was creating at a high level at the time. That's when "Jailbreak Jackie" was born. We'd get a steal they'd give it to Jackie and we'd scream JAILBREAK!! And Jackie would go in all by himself against one, two, three guys it didn't matter. He probably converted 1 of 5 solo breakaways. It was hysterical.

We'd get a steal and Jackie would get the ball and we'd scream Jailbreak and off he went out of control a la Philip Seymour Hoffman in Along came Polly. About the 5th time Mark Wade told us to shut the F Up!! We howled "Jailbreak Jackie!" Made a connection he was fun good kid.

Thank god that waste of a scholarship out of here. Go commit 3 turnovers and 4 missed shots per two minutes of gameplay somewhere else

Oh, and make sure you trip and fall at least twice and send the ball out of bounds at 150mph. Good riddance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT