ADVERTISEMENT

The Future…

RebelScrub

Making UNLV relevent again for locals
May 29, 2001
Finally took a gander..

6-10, 245..

Big kid. Huge kid. Broken foot. Lots of potential here. Rest that foot and heal properly. He is a kid that chose to be here.

He should be the “present” on a top 25 team. We could certainly use his scoring inside and out. It's a damn shame he re-injured.
I WAS mad but hopefully it’s a blessing in disguise. Keep him for next year..

I apologize for making fun of his situation. He’s a Rebel..He’s NOT Anthony Davis or Zion.

Reactions: Rebel Hoya
None here. I’m not connected like that. Maybe somebody else on here is, and will share…

Twitter chatter sounds positive. FWIW.
Who is he? I can possibly go visit one of his games and get some game film..

Maybe.

I have seen his highlights. If you haven’t, they’re worth watching.

He looks like a 1 & done PG talent to me. Add him to that mature roster and we’re going places.

Reactions: RebelScrub
Final season of Eligibility:

Muoka 23-24
Iwuakor 23-24
Webster 23-24
Rodriguez 23-24
Jones 23-24

Gilbert 24-25
Johnson 24-25
Nowell 24-25
Cottrell 24-25*

Hall 25-26
(Whaley 25-26)

(Hicks 26-27)

*IC could RS
I hope everyone stays but realistically, we will lose people. If we were to lose people, I think LuRod leaves to turn professional, JJ3 transfers again, and Key transfers as well.

I hope everyone stays but realistically, we will lose people. If we were to lose people, I think LuRod leaves to turn professional, JJ3 transfers again, and Key transfers as well.
I'd also be surprised if we don't lose anyone, but the guys have grown on me, so I hope we keep all of them. I really like LuRod, so I'm hoping he stays, but if a guy has a chance to make money playing, it's understandable. I'm not sure if that's a possibility or not, but he's a solid all around player.

I'd also be surprised if we don't lose anyone, but the guys have grown on me, so I hope we keep all of them. I really like LuRod, so I'm hoping he stays, but if a guy has a chance to make money playing, it's understandable. I'm not sure if that's a possibility or not, but he's a solid all around player.
I'm hoping LuRod stays too, I think he could really be our number 1 next year. 1A 1B at least with Gilbert. He will make money somewhere in the world as a pro sooner or later.
LuRod’s decision will be big. He is so valuable.

I’d hate to see JJ leave, but could see it. Key I kinda expect to leave.
I'm hoping JJ3 stays. I still think he will be a valuable member of our team this year and moving forward. I havent watched him on the bench but if hes locked in and cheering his teammates on, I think its a good sign.

Dedan + Keshon + Webster + LuRod + Muoka.

IC starts when we go big. Vic, & Nowell log 15+ mpg each. Plenty of run for JJ too. He could return to a similar role as today.

The three guys departing free up about 65mpg. Call it 30 for Dedan, 20 for IC and 15 for Nowell.

Could be a fun team

Last edited:
I think Cottrell would start and Webster goes to the bench. If he is as good as advertised, he would really upgrade our starting lineup and Web coming off the bench as a sharpshooter again would be nice.

I think Nowell, Hall, Jones and JJ3 all transfer. I think everyone else stays. I could see LuRod go pro but would end up g league, I think/hope he stays. If we can get 20+ wins get to at least the semi's in the mwc and a nit invite I think Kruger will be able to bring in higher end players for next year from the portal. I guess we will find out in the next 2-3 months.

Muoka 23-24
Iwuakor 23-24
Webster 23-24
Rodriguez 23-24
Jones 23-24

Gilbert 24-25
Johnson 24-25
Nowell 24-25
Cottrell 24-25*

Hall 25-26
(Whaley 25-26)

(Hicks 26-27)

*IC could RS
If this is all true. Please please please...plus Dedan Thomas Jr. to the mix at the PG. Could be a really special year.

Reactions: AnthemRebel
He could be so impactful if he stays. Big minutes next year and a featured role the following year if he develops. High ceiling
I completely agree. I think he would be a great player but if he is only playing 2-3 minutes once every 3-4 games I don't think he stays. If be started getting minutes and got to where he was getting 10+- minutes a game I could see him playing. But he won't stay to sit.

I completely agree. I think he would be a great player but if he is only playing 2-3 minutes once every 3-4 games I don't think he stays. If be started getting minutes and got to where he was getting 10+- minutes a game I could see him playing. But he won't stay to sit.
He need to committed to play hard on both end. He is playing harder now unlike the beginning of the season. He need to try harder much harder. Guys like KG, Parquet, Harkless, Webster, Dave Muoka, Vic Iwauko are busting their balls all season long when they play...you want to join them then just plays as hard as they do now and from the beginning. Dont bitch. If you want to transfer, go! Nowell got the God given talents to be great with his physical but he need to hone his mental and his IQ. He's with guys like Harkless, Parquet and Lu Rod on a daily basis...guys who have accomplished at the P5 level.

• Wow
steve carrell anchorman GIF by FirstAndMonday

F*cking stupid kids these days.
If Kevin can get Nowell to play his brand of basketball, that would be a huge win for his accruement.

Reactions: AnthemRebel
Nowell seems much closer to contributing to me.
Hall is just ok or bad. If Hall have a bad attitude too, hmmmm...Nowell is a gifted talent with his height and build and physical attributes. He just need work harder to get to elite.
I just dont see how Hall fit in the future? With Hicks coming in and maybe DeDan Jr. These fellas are alphas. If a teammate NOT even trying their best, I dont know how that fit.

I think Nowell, Hall, Jones and JJ3 all transfer. I think everyone else stays. I could see LuRod go pro but would end up g league, I think/hope he stays. If we can get 20+ wins get to at least the semi's in the mwc and a nit invite I think Kruger will be able to bring in higher end players for next year from the portal. I guess we will find out in the next 2-3 months.
Ssssssssssstttt..bite your tongue. Plenty of season left to play

Muoka 23-24
Iwuakor 23-24
Webster 23-24
Rodriguez 23-24
Jones 23-24

Gilbert 24-25
Johnson 24-25
Nowell 24-25
Cottrell 24-25*

Hall 25-26
(Whaley 25-26)

(Hicks 26-27)

*IC could RS
I wish we had more time with Harkless and Parquet. The staff will have to grab some very good impact guys to bolster the roster next year. Quality depth is key as we know well with injuries.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT