ADVERTISEMENT

The Call..here it is.

Yea that is a terrible call or rule ...but unlv had a lot of problems...stopping dribble drives ...shooting ....free throws ....and running any sorta offence a lot of standing around hoping Vaughn bails them out and he couldn't tonight

sign0094.r191677.gif
It looked like a flop to me!

absolutely absurd call. the phantom flop really sealed it. this pissed me off more than the loss. hard to believe the boneheads in stripes called this a foul. especially now that i know how long they were actually watching the replay for. it's criminal that they will get away with it.

Rice afraid he might offend one of the refs and doesn't want to lose the perception of Mr Nice Guy and get T'ed up

I fail to see why Dave rice needs to throw a chair or get Td up ? The call isn't going to change even if it's a bad one ...he's not going to fire up a bunch of kids who can't guard the ball or hit a shot to save their lives

Kidding me? You don't see why rice has to show passion, question a horrible call on his player, and show his team he is there to back them? Team takes on the personality of its leader, in this case no tuffness. Rice says all the right stuff but fails to follow through and therefore gains no respect. He said he would be less patient and what happens first shot of game wood throws up a 3. I watched rice reaction and he did nothing. Saw assist coached look at him and rice had no reaction. Should have pulled him. Then when he did pull Wood he tries to politely talk to wood and wood doesn't even look at him and just keeps walking. Players do that frequently to Rice. Rice can not allow a culture like that. I don't know? Hate saying anything negative about my rebels but, after more than 3 years of this not sure it will ever change. Won't change unless Rice changes.

I myself would have been fuming at the call. Coach should have been livid after the decision was made.

Rice isn't at home watching the replay like us. He was probably doing what he is supposed to.... coaching. He assumed the refs made a correct call, obviously not. I have seen him yell plenty.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by rebelluver:
Rice isn't at home watching the replay like us. He was probably doing what he is supposed to.... coaching. He assumed the refs made a correct call, obviously not. I have seen him yell plenty.
Huh? Since when does Rice yell? Ummm...never. LetsRun sees it just like I do. They take after coach. Coach doesn't show fire and passion players don't play that way. Not that I like it but Our players don't pound the floor, yell at one another in a good way, knock down a big 3 or dunk and yell. Just shows they are just out there going through the motions. I don't prefer players to act like that all the time but once in a while it's time to get excited and pumped up.

I just don't get how you are the only one on here that thinks he is actually coaching. I saw more coaching from Kruger and I never thought I would say that while I'm still alive.

I am not. Most of the people left for the confidential board because of people like you.

I am not thrilled with the way he coaches, but I will take him over any other option... which is about zero. The way he recruits he needs to stay.

NOBODY has won here since Tark and people still act entitled to it. He needs time and I won't sit here and cry and whine until it happens.

I am not. Most of the people left for the confidential board because of people like you.

I am not thrilled with the way he coaches, but I will take him over any other option... which is about zero. The way he recruits he needs to stay.

NOBODY has won here since Tark and people still act entitled to it. He needs time and I won't sit here and cry and whine until it happens.
There are many other options and rice can be a lead recruiter. He just isn't a head coach. What you don't get is you can have all the 4 and 5 star players you want but if you can't coach them you won't win.

Actually kruger won won here and turned around the program and we actually went to the sweet 16 so don't know if you just started watching unlv but he won more tourney games than rice has with LESS SKILLED PLAYERS!!!!

You are stuck in your ways and love rice for some reason so as long as we have him we will be a 20-10 (if we are lucky) and have a slight chance of making the tourney.

Rice isn't going to change ....he is who he is ....the offense works players have to make shots....not everyone is urban Meyer on the sidelines yelling at refs don't help players or motivate teams ...they played hard they were motivated they had some lapses but played hard they just lost free throws and shots going in and out that is basketball. I'm not a Dave rice guy but criticize about things he can control....he's not ever going to yell just is what it is

And that is why I should not waste my time responding to you.
You just make all these conclusory statements but never explain yourself because I don't think you have the intelligence to do so so I will forgive you inability.

I didnt watch the game last night, so this is the first Ive seen that, wow that was bad. Im not sure how after reviewing it they could come to that conclusion.

Originally posted by crofts33:
Rice isn't going to change ....he is who he is ....the offense works players have to make shots....not everyone is urban Meyer on the sidelines yelling at refs don't help players or motivate teams ...they played hard they were motivated they had some lapses but played hard they just lost free throws and shots going in and out that is basketball. I'm not a Dave rice guy but criticize about things he can control....he's not ever going to yell just is what it is
Sorry if I'm stoopid. But what part about the offense works? I'm still trying to figure out what the offensive strat is exactly after several years of watching Rice. I see 4 guys around the arc. Usually not a lot of off the ball movement. 1 guy mulling near the key. Perhaps a pass to X player, and maybe a screen for them. About it.

Conference play is going to be a long 2 half months. When we are up against teams that know Rice and his teams.

Oh, and that Technical was also stoopid.

I don't understand that if someone has an opinion on here that so many people have to attack that persons opinion. Why can't people say their opinion without the negative comebacks. We're here sharing what we think not to argue over who is right and who is wrong. This would be a much more popular board if there wasn't so much hatred being thrown around.

Originally posted by rebswin2:
I didnt watch the game last night, so this is the first Ive seen that, wow that was bad. Im not sure how after reviewing it they could come to that conclusion.
its not as if the guy was gushing blood or knocked out..

i noted in the game thread how ridiculous it was to stop the play. but that refs probably felt stupid
for stopping the play that they had no choice but to call something to save face.

I just assumed when the player told the ref he was elbowed he was obligated to look. How he called it a flagrant is one of the worst calls you will ever see. Even the biased commentators were baffled. Could you imagine if it was reversed and we got that call?

Since when has a UNLV player whined to a ref and they listened?

I think it is one of those fair play safety rules all sports are implementing. Doesn't matter anyway. Wood did nothing but turn and shoot. A normal basketball move that maybe clipped his nose.

It was one of those things that was so stupid I didn't even yell. I stood there with my mouth open and my wife asking me what the hell just happened as I continued to stare dumbfounded.

Yelling by coaches is overrated. I saw Phil Jackson just sit there and he won 11 NBA Championships with his style.

While I do think Rice showing more emotion could be valuable, I don't see it as a huge deal. If Rice showed more emotion, would this team suddenly play a lot better and a lot smarter? Would they start making free throws because the coach is screaming on the sidelines?

i'm guessing you were arguing with sandracer. it's easier to put him on ignore. unfortunately, sometimes i get someone quoting his stupidity.

however, by someone quoting him, i read he's a "Defense Attorney". i am sure glad as hell i am not a criminal because i'm betting he has a winning % similar to our Free Throws.

if they didn't have replay then maybe. with replay, the refs should be suspended at the very least.

Originally posted by the Florian Trout:

i'm guessing you were arguing with sandracer. it's easier to put him on ignore. unfortunately, sometimes i get someone quoting his stupidity.

however, by someone quoting him, i read he's a "Defense Attorney". i am sure glad as hell i am not a criminal because i'm betting he has a winning % similar to our Free Throws.

if they didn't have replay then maybe. with replay, the refs should be suspended at the very least.
I suggest you keep your mouth closed trout because that is how you catch a lawsuit for libel. Also read spilotros forum rules. Defamation is not allowed and maybe you should be banned. You dont know me, what I do, or how successful I am so STFU!!

This post was edited on 12/22 6:05 PM by sandracer250

This post was edited on 12/22 6:37 PM by sandracer250

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE absofreakinglutely LOVE to see you try and sue someone from a web forum for libel. Oh please please please please do it. I volunteer to be first. It is my opinion that you sir are a terrible attorney and all your clients end up in jail because of your inability to comprehend words. You also allegedly have many DUI's are have allegedly lost your drivers licence. I should find your online profile and give a 1 star review because of your abrasive personality.

Originally posted by Rebelgate:
I would LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE absofreakinglutely LOVE to see you try and sue someone from a web forum for libel. Oh please please please please do it. I volunteer to be first. It is my opinion that you sir are a terrible attorney and all your clients end up in jail because of your inability to comprehend words. You also allegedly have many DUI's are have allegedly lost your drivers licence. I should find your online profile and give a 1 star review because of your abrasive personality.
Funny guy. Read the definition of libel. But you don't attack someone personally like that. That's all I will say.

Of course I was bit since I always use my phone here I don't have ignore. I think I learned my lesson. That is the first time in a long time I literally laughed out loud on the internet.

Here is a link for you two. Try reading it

https://unlv.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1072&tid=75869282&mid=75869282&sid=915&style=2

^^^ next time, try putting that link in the "share link address" bar to make it easier to look up...

just trying to help out

Ohhhh, this has the makings of an all time classic- resorting to threats of Libel on a message board!!!! I rarely post, and never engage, but THIS needs a bump. I have to believe that Sandracer responded to the (unconfirmed) assertion that he was a defense attorney by using a hugely irrelevant legal term. In this forum, that is like feeding meat to gators. If that is the case, well done, sir. Well done.

Lol, this thread is hilarious and a chance to be an ATG!!

Libel...lmao. He should sue so that the millions of other message boards around the world can watch. This would boost foot traffic by a billion views!!

Originally posted by Moscurry91:
Ohhhh, this has the makings of an all time classic- resorting to threats of Libel on a message board!!!! I rarely post, and never engage, but THIS needs a bump. I have to believe that Sandracer responded to the (unconfirmed) assertion that he was a defense attorney by using a hugely irrelevant legal term. In this forum, that is like feeding meat to gators. If that is the case, well done, sir. Well done.
Not quite sure how it is irrelevant but ok. I fed meat to uneducated individuals. I guess this is what happens when one does that. Oh well at least it made for some entertainment while our team sucks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT