ADVERTISEMENT

Is it possible ???

rebelwithacause

Rebel Legend
Mar 27, 2002
To do what Odom did in Football
Can it be done in basketball ??

In Year 1 This dude has completely changed the SFU Bulls basketball program around -

Resume

IM not saying he is our guy - its just an example - that it can be done in basketball too

To do what Odom did in Football
Can it be done in basketball ??

In Year 1 This dude has completely changed the SFU Bulls basketball program around -

Resume

IM not saying he is our guy - its just an example - that it can be done in basketball too

It absolutely can be and it should be far easier to do. You're dealing with much smaller rosters.

Football you bring in 25 guys you've only reached 25% of total roster.

Basketball one to two players make so much more difference than football (ok outside of landing maybe a stud QB).

It absolutely can be and it should be far easier to do. You're dealing with much smaller rosters.

Football you bring in 25 guys you've only reached 25% of total roster.

Basketball one to two players make so much more difference than football (ok outside of landing maybe a stud QB).
In regards to football, that is no longer true. Teams now bring 40+ players in due to the transfer rules.

In regards to football, that is no longer true. Teams now bring 40+ players in due to the transfer rules.

Correct, my point was it takes a larger number of players to flip a roster. You can't change your fortunes in football (outside of QB) with 1 or 2 or 3 guys typically. Coaching obviously helps a lot. More so even than basketball because scheme matters more.

Reactions: Takethat702
Correct, my point was it takes a larger number of players to flip a roster. You can't change your fortunes in football (outside of QB) with 1 or 2 or 3 guys typically. Coaching obviously helps a lot. More so even than basketball because scheme matters more.
My expectation is this next season will be the first time UNLV has ever been ranked in the top 25 during the regular season. My expectation is UNLV will also have 30K+ at each game on average. Sales of season tickets have only been for those who had season tickets last season or those who put down a deposit by the deadline late last year. From what I understand season ticket sales are well past last season, and that doesn't include season ticket sales when they open up for new fans.

My expectation is this next season will be the first time UNLV has ever been ranked in the top 25 during the regular season. My expectation is UNLV will also have 30K+ at each game on average. Sales of season tickets have only been for those who had season tickets last season or those who put down a deposit by the deadline late last year. From what I understand season ticket sales are well past last season, and that doesn't include season ticket sales when they open up for new fans.

I wish I had your confidence. Don't get me wrong, I think they will be good this year. But the schedule alone is tougher in my opinion.

Oregon State, Houston (who should be improved) and Kansas (top 25 team this year probably preseason) all on the road. And Syracuse at home who had a really solid transfer/recruiting class.

I think Boise State is on the road as well.

Matching 9-3 will not be easy. Hope they do. Hell, I hope they exceed it but it's a tougher schedule this year.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I didn’t know who USUs coach was until a couple of nights ago I watched a few minutes of the SDSU v USU game. Announcer said USU had 13 new players and they had a total of zero points scored last year by current players. Impressive
He was the Montana State coach and essentially brought the entire team with him to USU.

He was the Montana State coach and essentially brought the entire team with him to USU.
So we shouldnt try that approach? I mean the previous guy from that 16 seed in Maryland also won there... Just saying, theres a lot more to finding a good coach than keeping the mediocre one and hoping he develops on the job, especially with free flowing transfer... Weve seen 3 years of Kevin trying to build a roster from the portal and it hasnt panned out, thats not just the Xs and Os issues, thats roster construction, talent evaluation, etc...
I mean theres a lot of small school coaches that win their conferences on a regular basis and have done so for many years... ESPN put out a good article today on "hot seats" and lists several smaller school coaches that might be interested in moving up and that list has a lot of good quality coaches on it. I know we trash Tina's hirings because they sucked, but Beard wouldve been the best hire weve had prior to Odom and he came from Little-Rock.. I get he became a bit of a sore subject and had his personal life issues but if he had been here 3 years instead of Marvin, we probably arent talking about the decade of irrelevance.

So we shouldnt try that approach? I mean the previous guy from that 16 seed in Maryland also won there... Just saying, theres a lot more to finding a good coach than keeping the mediocre one and hoping he develops on the job, especially with free flowing transfer... Weve seen 3 years of Kevin trying to build a roster from the portal and it hasnt panned out, thats not just the Xs and Os issues, thats roster construction, talent evaluation, etc...
I mean theres a lot of small school coaches that win their conferences on a regular basis and have done so for many years... ESPN put out a good article today on "hot seats" and lists several smaller school coaches that might be interested in moving up and that list has a lot of good quality coaches on it. I know we trash Tina's hirings because they sucked, but Beard wouldve been the best hire weve had prior to Odom and he came from Little-Rock.. I get he became a bit of a sore subject and had his personal life issues but if he had been here 3 years instead of Marvin, we probably arent talking about the decade of irrelevance.
For those that need to wrap their head around who to possibly move on with!

Turning a team around in one year is possible, and the way college sports is this year it is "easier" these days. Because of the portal you can bring in experienced guys and the fact so many teams are dealing with huge roster turnover, the year over year carryover is less of a factor around the country.
All that being said, thinking that it is "easy" is false.
There was 60 new coaches last year. 2 look to be going dancing. The other one of those is Chris Beard who is a known exception who has turned teams around in 1 year multiple times before.
So if you thing that a 3% chance of a 1 year turnaround is "good" then sure let's blow this thing up! This is Vegas!!

Reactions: VegasKC SDM
Turning a team around in one year is possible, and the way college sports is this year it is "easier" these days. Because of the portal you can bring in experienced guys and the fact so many teams are dealing with huge roster turnover, the year over year carryover is less of a factor around the country.
There was 60 new coaches last year. 2 look to be going dancing. The other one of those is Chris Beard who is a known exception who has turned teams around in 1 year multiple times before.
So if you thing that a 3% chance of a 1 year turnaround is "good" then sure let's blow this thing up! This is Vegas!!
Yet Utah State seems to do it year after year after year … but they’re a bad example for some reason.

Why can’t people just admit failure when it keeps smacking them in the face over and over instead of making excuses for it?

I'm too lazy to do the research , but a much better example would be the number of coaches hired in the last three years and their percentage of making the dance or NIT. The data won't be available till March, bey when it is decided it will be interesting.

I'm too lazy to do the research , but a much better example would be the number of coaches hired in the last three years and their percentage of making the dance or NIT. The data won't be available till March, bey when it is decided it will be interesting.
Obviously its going to favor the "dont fire" crowd because there was many more openings at smaller programs that wont make the tournament due to conference affiliation, etc. I'll just look at a few more in line with our conference quality- UNM- Pitino is dancing/NIT, Moser, OU- NIT first year poised to make NCAA this year, Nate Oats- very successful, TJO- rebuilt ISU fast, Utah State-(2x)- NCAA...

Again, if it were so easy, we would be seeing half the NCAAT filed with first year coaches. But holy shit we don't.

It is bad science/statistics to look at outliers as good examples of what is valid for the masses. Case studies are the lowest forms of research.

Las Vegas preys on the outliers, as do lotteries. People eventually win, but most lose.

Speaking of Utah State. What would we do if we hired a Montana State coach, ran away all of our 3 and 4 star talent, and brought in a bunch of Big Sky talent. We would be rejoicing?

Rebels Net would somehow set fire to the internet.

People laughed Pitino(jr), and Moser. What a joke? How is "Porter Moser" doing now. Much better than us it seems.

This is my point we have a special sort of delusional fan base. We talk ourselves into unttainable candidates, we miss, get used, and settle for someone that practically no one wants. Instead of going all in and trying to support the new guy, we wait and see or just constantly bash them, waiting for them to fail. Rinse and Repeat.

It's not about "accepting failure". Its about accepting reality.

I have no idea that Kevin will take the next step. But I like that we can beat tournament teams. It sucks that we aren't in the conversation for the dance this year, but at least the idea of winning the conference tournament actually feels possible this year, and not just a pipe dream. Because of that, I think we are close enough to at the very least call of the coaching search for another year. Save money for football who is going to be our only chance to upgrade conferences anyhow.

Again, if it were so easy, we would be seeing half the NCAAT filed with first year coaches. But holy shit we don't.

It is bad science/statistics to look at outliers as good examples of what is valid for the masses. Case studies are the lowest forms of research.

Las Vegas preys on the outliers, as do lotteries. People eventually win, but most lose.

Speaking of Utah State. What would we do if we hired a Montana State coach, ran away all of our 3 and 4 star talent, and brought in a bunch of Big Sky talent. We would be rejoicing?

People laughed Pitino(jr), and Moser. What a joke? How is "Porter Moser" doing now. Much better than us it seems.

This is my point we have a special sort of delusional fan base. We talk ourselves into unttainable candidates, we miss, get used, and settle for someone that practically no one wants. Instead of going all in and trying to support the new guy, we wait and see or just constantly bash them, waiting for them to fail. Rinse and Repeat.

I have no idea that Kevin will take the next step. But I like that we can beat tournament teams. It sucks that we aren't in the conversation for the dance this year, but at least the idea of winning the conference tournament actually feels possible this year, and not just a pipe dream. Because of that, I think we are close enough to at the very least call of the coaching search for another year. Save money for football who is going to be our only chance to upgrade conferences anyhow.

3 and 4 star talent doesnt matter if they cant win... If all it took was Montana St talent to win the conference then WTF are we doing getting 4 stars...

You guys dont understand, Utah State has all the advantages over UNLV, history, fan support, athletic facilities, Logan over Vegas, open your eyes and see the light, it cant be done at UNLV, you need all the excuses on why it cant happen, and why KK needs extension and slow build of 15 years to be able win.

3 and 4 star talent doesnt matter if they cant win... If all it took was Montana St talent to win the conference then WTF are we doing getting 4 stars...
It didn't take Montana State talent, it took mostly 3*-4* talent at Utah State and three transfers from Montana State. Most of the players including transfers are orginaly from Utah high schools. The coach did a good job of using players still at Utah State and transfers, but most of the players are 3/4* not scrubs.

Josh Uduje 3* 89 Transfer
Mason Falsleu 3* HS
Dallin Grant 3* 85 HS
Darius Brown II spent one year at Montana St after transferring in
Ian Martinez 4* transfer Maryland
Jaxon Smith HS didn't find rating
Isaac Hohnson Oregon transfer 3*/4*
Nigel Burris 3* 88
Kalifa Sakho France out of HS no rating
Karson Trmplin 3* out of HS
Max Agbonkpolo 3*/4* transfer USC then Wyoming then Utah State
Jackson Grant 4* prospect was transfer from Montana State
Garrison Phels 3* 87 HS
Great Osobar transfer Montana St. from England no rating that I could find
Landon Brenchley HS

You guys dont understand, Utah State has all the advantages over UNLV, history, fan support, athletic facilities, Logan over Vegas, open your eyes and see the light, it cant be done at UNLV, you need all the excuses on why it cant happen, and why KK needs extension and slow build of 15 years to be able win.

Actually fan support yes. USU better.
Tougher environment to play in because of it. Student section. Absolutely better.

Facilities obviously not.

Vegas vs Logan..I think Vegas has its appeal for sure but honestly look at a lot of football programs (and basketball) They are in the middle of nowhere podunk towns. South Bend, Penn State, WVU, Boise State..

I'm not sure how much that matters to guys honestly. Some sure.

History means nothing anymore. If it happened more than a week ago it's old news these days.

Recruits don't care about it that much anymore.

Sure there's a kid growing up in Kentucky that's always dreamed of playing for UK or some dude in Indiana that always wanted to play football for the Irish.

But by and large its about NIL, and connections with handlers these days as much as anything.

Reactions: dcut03
Sprinkle recruited those kids and knew what they could do. He took MSU to the NCAAT twice in four years with all under the radar players. The trick is being able to find those players and get them to work in your system. Most coaches can't do it. And there are almost zero coaches who can do it year after year.

You’ve consistently celebrated mediocrity. It’s not just now. You talked about cozy, comfortable crowds of 2K that made it easy to talk with fans because it wasn’t loud.

It’s easy to be cool with everything when you attend one game per year. If you go to all of them, it’d make you sick to your stomach. Not you, you’d be comfy and content, but most people … as evidenced by the no shows.

You’ve consistently celebrated mediocrity. It’s not just now. You talked about cozy, comfortable crowds of 2K that made it easy to talk with fans because it wasn’t loud.

It’s easy to be cool with everything when you attend one game per year. If you go to all of them, it’d make you sick to your stomach. Not you, you’d be comfy and content, but most people … as evidenced by the no shows.
And yet you consistently never find much fault with the program and how things are run - or when you do, you pile on a bunch of flimsy “positives” to bury any fault you may have admitted to.

And yet you consistently never find much fault with the program and how things are run - or when you do, you pile on a bunch of flimsy “positives” to bury any fault you may have admitted to.
If the talent is there to win at UNLV, like they have against several of the top teams, then the fault must lay with the coaching staff. The players may be ignoring the coaching and tossing up 3's, the team may come into games like against AF where they got blown out because they were not motivated, but the bottom line is it is the coaching staffs job to teach and motivate the players. These really bad loses fall right in the lap of the coaching staff just as much as their ability to take credit for the big wins.

I have said all season long that I go back and forth on whether coach Kruger should stay or go, but it will not help anything if he goes and UNLV is unable to put out the money to get an instants winner. I do not want to see another 3-4 years of on the job training, and that is what UNLV will get if they can't hit a home run hire.

For now I will trust in the AD and the President to do what is right and best for the program.

If the talent is there to win at UNLV, like they have against several of the top teams, then the fault must lay with the coaching staff. The players may be ignoring the coaching and tossing up 3's, the team may come into games like against AF where they got blown out because they were not motivated, but the bottom line is it is the coaching staffs job to teach and motivate the players. These really bad loses fall right in the lap of the coaching staff just as much as their ability to take credit for the big wins.

I have said all season long that I go back and forth on whether coach Kruger should stay or go, but it will not help anything if he goes and UNLV is unable to put out the money to get an instants winner. I do not want to see another 3-4 years of on the job training, and that is what UNLV will get if they can't hit a home run hire.

For now I will trust in the AD and the President to do what is right and best for the program.
I’m in the same boat. If you can’t significant upgrade …. I’m not talking a hmmmm, maybe? Maybe not? Could be good …. I can see it working out if ….

Then you stick with what you have but you have to reinforce some things, NIL, foundation … and KK has to stabilize things himself as well ….

You can never be 100% sure with any hire. But you should have a pretty strong idea if it should be an improvement. Short of that, stick with what you have, make it known it’s a hotseat year next year (he will know without it being said), and if things start as they did this year, you start making your behind the scenes inquiries …. And if he goes the Menzies route of scheduling with simple wins to fool our ignorant fanbase while the press kisses ass and pumps up insignificant wins as gold … that would be enough of a signal to me to start looking ….

In short, we can’t continue down this path and that’s up to CKK. But we cannot continue down the path of poor hires, that’s on unlv.

Sometimes you have to take a step back and look at things objectively. It is easier for me to do that. I do watch all of the games and travel to games that are driving distance.

I have never "celebrated mediocrity". To you everyone going to the games are in absolute misery. No one is having a good time and people are calling suicide hotlines.

I called out that people were not in such states (project much?) and were actually having a good time. Was it an electric crowd? No. Was it a bit depressing wondering where we have been? Absolutely. Were people sprinkling anthrax on their nachos? No.

Fan support has left and will take something major to bring them back, if that it is in fact possible at this point. Which is hard to say to be honest.

But sometimes you have to pull back and look at the Rebels without being a fan.

If you were along to fan of another program what you will tell them? You would probably tell them that you fire coaches much too fast. That is for sure. You probably would tell them, who cares if you won a championship 30+ years ago. That is is crazy a big chunk of the fan base was happy when a future HOF coach went elsewhere.

The point is that you have to look at things objectively sometimes. Look at the big picture. It may be easier for me than it is for you. Which is fair. It's funny because most of what you write is fully aware how we aren't where we have been, but then you predict us to win practically every game? How does that make sense?

But to you every game against a team that isn't a traditional blue blood is a "cupcake" or "scrub" team. All of the MW is crap. SDSU fluked themselves into a final four, nevermind they beat a legit #1 seed to get there.

This site and you have influence Joe. It does. Talking about how shitty we are all time time does not help the fan support. We are a mid major program in one of the best mid major conferences, but have been mid to low in that conference for the most part of it's existence. That is the truth. Should we be better? Absolutely. We have been able to recruit better consistently and regardless of coach nearly that entire time. Is that disappointing? Yes.

Should you change? No. Run this site how you want. I'll give you credit, you let people speak their mind.

But any time someone writes anything remotely positive or encouraging, when the wolves strike and then you post how empty the stadium is, so on and so forth. Just know there is an impact there. If new fans, perhaps students, start to get interested in Rebel sports you know they will come here, and they may change their minds because of it.

I think our fan base is the worst part of this job. It was fans (boosters) that fired Rice in the middle of the season. Fans think we should be raising banners, or have died off. And all new ones can only read how shitty we are. So no wonder no one goes to games.

We had to start from scratch when Rice was fired. And then again, and again. Utah State has been much more relevant than us. They then struck gold this past year. They deserve all of the credit and hired a great coach.

But you an I both know that he wouldn't have been "good enough" for our fanbase. That isn't a good thing. Beard wasn't good enough for chrissakes.

Which is why Harper shouldn't listen to the fanbase. We suck. He should look at the situation objectively. Then make a decision. He has the luxury of having a profitable football program so he doesn't have to make a move right now. That is all.

Expecting the very unlikely (fast turnarounds) and being pissed when it doesn't happen, forcing AD's to fire coaches, all these things suck. We have a lot

CSU has fallen apart in the post. They have lost to every top MW team in the last month. They are not a NCAA tournament team. Don't get too excited about beating them, it was a good game for the Rebels and I celebrate with them. A lot of work to do, Isaiah may be the savior. His legs look good in warm ups and during the game. Boone twins as all of you mentioned are great players but small weight wise in a NCAA tournament game. We need to win out. Lu Rod and others need to heat up and help JD Thomas score some easier baskets. Like set a screen once in awhile. I look at Pomeroy and BPI and I see SDSU and the winner of MW in the tournament period.

CSU has fallen apart in the post. They have lost to every top MW team in the last month. They are not a NCAA tournament team. Don't get too excited about beating them, it was a good game for the Rebels and I celebrate with them. A lot of work to do, Isaiah may be the savior. His legs look good in warm ups and during the game. Boone twins as all of you mentioned are great players but small weight wise in a NCAA tournament game. We need to win out. Lu Rod and others need to heat up and help JD Thomas score some easier baskets. Like set a screen once in awhile. I look at Pomeroy and BPI and I see SDSU and the winner of MW in the tournament period.
At least one player on the bench will need to step up if they are to win the MWCT. While we can compete with our starting 5, when DJ or either Boone goes to the bench we fam behind. JJ & JW did ok late against CSU. More so JJ who a couple 3s. JW didn’t seem to lose us points. Either of them or Noel need to bring it up a notch. Perhaps Hicks’ recent growth will translate into a difference-maker. He brings energy and quickness off the bench and he can create his own shot at times but I’m not expecting much from a freshman in the MWCT, save and except for DJ.

Sometimes you have to take a step back and look at things objectively. It is easier for me to do that. I do watch all of the games and travel to games that are driving distance.

I have never "celebrated mediocrity". To you everyone going to the games are in absolute misery. No one is having a good time and people are calling suicide hotlines.

I called out that people were not in such states (project much?) and were actually having a good time. Was it an electric crowd? No. Was it a bit depressing wondering where we have been? Absolutely. Were people sprinkling anthrax on their nachos? No.

Fan support has left and will take something major to bring them back, if that it is in fact possible at this point. Which is hard to say to be honest.

But sometimes you have to pull back and look at the Rebels without being a fan.

If you were along to fan of another program what you will tell them? You would probably tell them that you fire coaches much too fast. That is for sure. You probably would tell them, who cares if you won a championship 30+ years ago. That is is crazy a big chunk of the fan base was happy when a future HOF coach went elsewhere.

The point is that you have to look at things objectively sometimes. Look at the big picture. It may be easier for me than it is for you. Which is fair. It's funny because most of what you write is fully aware how we aren't where we have been, but then you predict us to win practically every game? How does that make sense?

But to you every game against a team that isn't a traditional blue blood is a "cupcake" or "scrub" team. All of the MW is crap. SDSU fluked themselves into a final four, nevermind they beat a legit #1 seed to get there.

This site and you have influence Joe. It does. Talking about how shitty we are all time time does not help the fan support. We are a mid major program in one of the best mid major conferences, but have been mid to low in that conference for the most part of it's existence. That is the truth. Should we be better? Absolutely. We have been able to recruit better consistently and regardless of coach nearly that entire time. Is that disappointing? Yes.

Should you change? No. Run this site how you want. I'll give you credit, you let people speak their mind.

But any time someone writes anything remotely positive or encouraging, when the wolves strike and then you post how empty the stadium is, so on and so forth. Just know there is an impact there. If new fans, perhaps students, start to get interested in Rebel sports you know they will come here, and they may change their minds because of it.

I think our fan base is the worst part of this job. It was fans (boosters) that fired Rice in the middle of the season. Fans think we should be raising banners, or have died off. And all new ones can only read how shitty we are. So no wonder no one goes to games.

We had to start from scratch when Rice was fired. And then again, and again. Utah State has been much more relevant than us. They then struck gold this past year. They deserve all of the credit and hired a great coach.

But you an I both know that he wouldn't have been "good enough" for our fanbase. That isn't a good thing. Beard wasn't good enough for chrissakes.

Which is why Harper shouldn't listen to the fanbase. We suck. He should look at the situation objectively. Then make a decision. He has the luxury of having a profitable football program so he doesn't have to make a move right now. That is all.

Expecting the very unlikely (fast turnarounds) and being pissed when it doesn't happen, forcing AD's to fire coaches, all these things suck. We have a lot
calling a double digit loss to Southern at home as aging well shows where your objectivity is. Call it out for what it actually was instead of rolling it in powdered sugar and honey. Calling a crowd of 2k for a lame ass game shows zero objectivity, it’s candy coating, again. There’s countless examples.

and you can say I’m negative. I look at the longest streak in our history of not appearing in a post season and don’t see it any other way. I don’t know how anybody can. But some do. I don’t get it but if it helps you sleep at night, go for it.

If what Marv did or KK is “good enough” or allowable … then the program is dead. The easily satisfied portion that makes excuses for every failure are the reason, not the fans who aren’t satisfied. Quick hooks? When there’s no signs of growth … yeah, we canned Arroyo too quickly too, that’s why the program failed last year, right? We didn’t fluke, we got a right hire.

I’d bet on tenacity and fervor to get results more than patience, especially in this day and age and at UNLV. You wish the dozens of thousands of fans who no longer support would change their mindset to match yours and then things would be hunky dory. That might be true … but it’s horrifically unrealistic. I wish everyone would smile at each other, shake hands, exchange pleasantries. Things would be better all over for that one thing. But I can wish and pray 24/7, it’s not going to happen, shedding tears about it wouldn’t change that truth. The only way that patience prevails is if UNLV chases away every fan that has pride and start from scratch with a dumbed down fan base. And they w done a good job at that so far.

(Most of) those that remember glory, have pride aren’t going to be converted to patience and kumbaya love, so you have to accept them as they are or chase them away.

calling a double digit loss to Southern at home as aging well shows where your objectivity is. Call it out for what it actually was instead of rolling it in powdered sugar and honey. Calling a crowd of 2k for a lame ass game shows zero objectivity, it’s candy coating, again. There’s countless examples.

and you can say I’m negative. I look at the longest streak in our history of not appearing in a post season and don’t see it any other way. I don’t know how anybody can. But some do. I don’t get it but if it helps you sleep at night, go for it.

If what Marv did or KK is “good enough” or allowable … then the program is dead. The easily satisfied portion that makes excuses for every failure are the reason, not the fans who aren’t satisfied. Quick hooks? When there’s no signs of growth … yeah, we canned Arroyo too quickly too, that’s why the program failed last year, right? We didn’t fluke, we got a right hire.

I’d bet on tenacity and fervor to get results more than patience, especially in this day and age and at UNLV. You wish the dozens of thousands of fans who no longer support would change their mindset to match yours and then things would be hunky dory. That might be true … but it’s horrifically unrealistic. I wish everyone would smile at each other, shake hands, exchange pleasantries. Things would be better all over for that one thing. But I can wish and pray 24/7, it’s not going to happen, shedding tears about it wouldn’t change that truth. The only way that patience prevails is if UNLV chases away every fan that has pride and start from scratch with a dumbed down fan base. And they w done a good job at that so far.

(Most of) those that remember glory, have pride aren’t going to be converted to patience and kumbaya love, so you have to accept them as they are or chase them away.
My voice has no influence. It‘s one of many voices and it carries zero weight. Thinking the site has an impact on anything, I really think you are overestimating myself and the site and it’s why, as you‘ve noted (thank you) I allow all voices and hate censorship. And I have never thought of this site as mine, ever. Started it for everyone and it belongs to everyone.

I think I’ve been consistent with my stance on KK, even after the AFA debacle and a couple of other earlier ones - I’ve relayed what I’ve been told from early on … but I’d rather have an NIL increase and KK remain coaching here. I believe that. And having that belief isn’t because a stellar job has been done, it’s been fair at best (overall). I don’t think UNLV can afford another do over unless it’s a significant improvement - and I don’t think they can (think, not know).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT