ADVERTISEMENT

Slick /Quick Rick is interested in the job

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL I am far from nervous. If Rick is forced out we will just go out and get another elite coach. We will always be fine. Just think it's weird that you all are getting your hopes up based on a lone rumor from the Las Vegas Review Journal
Some people may be getting hopes up... But there's certainly more to it than a lone rumor from a paper. Not saying it will happen. But if you think there have been zero conversations between interested parties, then you're the one that is hoping.

Do they forfeit their last championship? If the violations happened? Is that why they are self imposing sanctions?

LOL I am far from nervous. If Rick is forced out we will just go out and get another elite coach. We will always be fine. Just think it's weird that you all are getting your hopes up based on a lone rumor from the Las Vegas Review Journal

I just think it's weird you're so secure in your stance that you're over on the Rebel board looking for attention. Make your way back to the Cardinal forum, there's plenty to chat about back there...

Self-sacrificing the senior year of those two transfers in the hopes of saving next years recruits is garbage.

"We're so remorseful that we're punishing ourselves early! Now after you penalize us can we please have time served so we don't lose next years recruits?"

Here's hoping the NCAA gives Louisville zero credit for time served.

Louisville was pretty average before Pitino came along and is more than likely about to become Memphis II after Calipari left them in sanction city.

A self imposed ban is probably the tip of the iceberg. No coach makes it through the other side of this kind of action. Sorry Card fan, the odds of Pitino still being your coach next year are slim to none. He may not be coaching the Rebels but those horses ain't gonna enough to keep the circus in town.

Louisville was pretty average before Pitino came along and is more than likely about to become Memphis II after Calipari left them in sanction city.

A self imposed ban is probably the tip of the iceberg. No coach makes it through the other side of this kind of action. Sorry Card fan, the odds of Pitino still being your coach next year are slim to none. He may not be coaching the Rebels but those horses ain't gonna enough to keep the circus in town.
We have been to Final Fours under 3 different coaches, while winning national titles under multiple coaches. We will be fine regardless if Rick leaves.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I have no doubt you can get another top coach but it's gonna be messy for whoever comes in, real messy.

I am still waiting for the investigation to be over with. I do agree though, I am prepared for the worst of what might come down
I just can't remember a coach being retained with this kind of heat, it's got to be stressful for him too and he may want a change of scenery. The original story was about him putting feelers out to UNLV and I believe that to be 100% factual, whether that was just to put pressure on the U of L admin is another story.

Who? Who are these options that you have heard? Even after the last few weeks where every possible replacement coach we have heard about is less exciting than the previous one, you still think we are going to get some sure thing hire.

I suppose his name has surfaced before...I know he was in the running when Lon Kruger was hired, but here's an excerpt from a blog by Dave Cokin. I've been betting on sports in Las Vegas for 40 years, and never once purchased a pick from a tout. But Cokin is one who's opinions I find thoughtful and genuine.

"It looks like George Karl is about to be let go as the head coach of the Sacramento Kings... But I can think of more than a handful of college programs who could benefit greatly from bringing Karl on board.

Along those lines, I’ll toss UNLV into the mix. There are already several pretty big names in the Runnin’ Rebel conversation. Karl has reportedly had past interest in this program, so it might stand to reason he’s still intrigued by the possibility of coaching in Las Vegas. While he might not be my first choice, I sure wouldn’t be likely to have any complaints if Karl turned out to be the guy."

http://smokincokin.com/

That ship has sailed..Woulda been a good fit in '04, but with his age, declining health, and lack of college experience, I would pass.

Do they forfeit their last championship? If the violations happened? Is that why they are self imposing sanctions?

Good question. You would think they would have to. It would be considered a recruiting violation. Players would have been ineligible.

In which case that would put Pitino in the Calapari camp of having wins and banners removed.

If that were the case, that would eliminate Pitino from consideration for me personally. That would reach my buyer beware limit.

Last edited:
Have u even looked at him recently? He looks terrible..And you don't care about our next coach having no experience at the college level? Thank gawd it's not up to you =p....

Have u even looked at him recently? He looks terrible..And you don't care about our next coach having no experience at the college level? Thank gawd it's not up to you =p....
Let me tell you something kid, you're nuts if you don't think an NBA coach of the year can coach in college, all he'd need is good assistants to work out that transition. As far as looking at him lately, are you a doctor? Can you diagnose people just by looking at them? If he is having health issues that would come out in any application process not for some moron to dismiss him because he doesn't like the way he looks.

Let me tell you something kid, you're nuts if you don't think an NBA coach of the year can coach in college, all he'd need is good assistants to work out that transition. As far as looking at him lately, are you a doctor? Can you diagnose people just by looking at them? If he is having health issues that would come out in any application process not for some moron to dismiss him because he doesn't like the way he looks.

In terms of Xs and Os of course he can coach in college. The question is does he want to go through the grind of recruiting. My guess at this point in his career probably not. Does he really want do the bus trips to Laramie? Honestly I think he probably ends up as an analyst again before he ever coaches in the college ranks.

Karl has had some health concerns in the past.

I forgot about you being the resident tough guy of this board, but yeah the finer points(some of which bull mentioned) seem to be lost on you..

It's nothing personal, I just remember multiple people dubbing him that name after he would often respond with personal attacks to general arguments..That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT