ADVERTISEMENT

Slick /Quick Rick is interested in the job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the coach I'm looking for. NCAA would hammer down on him if he came here and punish us. Sound familiar?

I'm not sure an NCAA witch hunt would follow Pitino to UNLV. I kinda doubt it actually.

Could Pitino build and coach an NCAA championship caliber team at UNLV? I think he could.

Pretty sure Pitino will be our next coach..Hearing it from people who leaked the Dave Rice firing hours before Youmans did.

Well I would be very happy with a Pitino hire. The guy is a proven winner who would at least make UNLV basketball relevant again.

I would love it, but leaving Louisville right now after all of this would make him look terrible. I am not sure he would want to do that.

It's not like I know what I am talking about though.

I am shocked by how many people still want Cheating Rick Pitino as our next head coach. Have people forgotten what the NCAA did to UNLV with Tark, and he was innocent. We spent decades fighting the NCAA. If you think that the NCAA isn't waiting for a chance to get even with UNLV for Tark & UNLV for beating them in court, you are delusional. Why would you want a coach who's program just put itself on post season ban, basically acknowledging they know they violated NCAA rules? I've heard the reasoning because he is a HOF coach and successful but if he broke rules to achieve that success, then it is meaningless. Why would we want to destroy UNLV's reputation? The reputation took a hit even though Tark was innocent, and took years to rebuild. Why would we want a coach that Louisville doesn't want any more? There is a reason they will let him go. If we have enough money for Pitino, why dont we go after a younger, proven, successful coach with ethics. Archie Mill Tom Thobodeua What parent is gonna want to send their kid to a coach with Pitino's jaded reputation. UNLV is already fighting the Sin City reputation, we don't need to add a coach with that sorted reputation that will only focus on the seedy side of Vegas. Why would we want this man after he embarrassed us after the last time we offered him the job. We can get a better coach and don't have to settle for this piece of crap, I don't care how successful he has been, he is old and void of all morals and not someone I want representing my Alma Mater.

I would be ecstatic with a RP hire..Do you honestly think RP knowingly let this go on? The book itself said there's no indication that he had any knowledge of these planned events and that some of the events were ruined b/c RP was nearby. My bet is that he comes out of this clean and this comes down on a dumb assistant like it's already been stated. RP will step down (possibly before Sunday) so Lville can get new leadership and start the repair process and hopefully this all to our benefit.

Reactions: Mjs_702
I would be ecstatic with a RP hire..Do you honestly think RP knowingly let this go on? The book itself said there's no indication that he had any knowledge of these planned events and that some of the events were ruined b/c RP was nearby. My bet is that he comes out of this clean and this comes down on a dumb assistant like it's already been stated. RP will step down (possibly before Sunday) so Lville can get new leadership and start the repair process and hopefully this all to our benefit.

This sounds like you are just firing from the hip.

Reactions: Rebel Chi-girl
Self imposed 1 year ban? What happens when NCAA says hell no! 2 year band? Pitino will not wait around for 2 plus years to play in the tournament

Pretty sure Pitino will be our next coach..Hearing it from people who leaked the Dave Rice firing hours before Youmans did.

Did these tweets go something like, "Pitino to UNLV, bank on it" or "Rick Pitino is coming to Vegas"? Because that sounds more like someone making a prediction wrapped up like a fact.

Nope and nope again. UNLV doesnt need the headache that Pitino is. You gave no idea what it takes to feed that ego. And if you on here and you don't buy season tickets then I don't care what you say because your not invested in the program other than your mouth. He is bad news!

Reactions: Rebel Chi-girl
I am shocked by how many people still want Cheating Rick Pitino as our next head coach. Have people forgotten what the NCAA did to UNLV with Tark, and he was innocent. We spent decades fighting the NCAA. If you think that the NCAA isn't waiting for a chance to get even with UNLV for Tark & UNLV for beating them in court, you are delusional. Why would you want a coach who's program just put itself on post season ban, basically acknowledging they know they violated NCAA rules? I've heard the reasoning because he is a HOF coach and successful but if he broke rules to achieve that success, then it is meaningless. Why would we want to destroy UNLV's reputation? The reputation took a hit even though Tark was innocent, and took years to rebuild. Why would we want a coach that Louisville doesn't want any more? There is a reason they will let him go. If we have enough money for Pitino, why dont we go after a younger, proven, successful coach with ethics. Archie Mill Tom Thobodeua What parent is gonna want to send their kid to a coach with Pitino's jaded reputation. UNLV is already fighting the Sin City reputation, we don't need to add a coach with that sorted reputation that will only focus on the seedy side of Vegas. Why would we want this man after he embarrassed us after the last time we offered him the job. We can get a better coach and don't have to settle for this piece of crap, I don't care how successful he has been, he is old and void of all morals and not someone I want representing my Alma Mater.

That is a lot of accusations in one post with no real evidence to back it up. As a UNLV fan I would think you would be more sensitive to that.

The guy has had one hell of a career and would instantly give credibility to a struggling basketball program.

We only have money to give a coach if the boosters want to give it. I think you are the one being delusional if you think we have much better options.

You're joking right? & Joe Paterno didn't know what was happening at Penn St. Come on, this is the same man who cheated on his wife and had sex with a random woman in a closed restaurant and paid for her abortion. You think he has no clue what is going on? He probably told the staffer where to get the best hookers and strippers. The author says with all the alcohol, loud music, cameras and security in the dorms, she wonders how he could not know. Even if he "had no clue" he will still be nailed for lack of control over his program. We don't need the kind of NCAA heat that will follow him to UNLV. We can do and deserve so much better especially for the kind of money he is gonna want even if he gets fired from Louisville.

They replayed the original interview today on ESPN. She said she felt Pitino new about it. When asked why, she said when asking the GA if Rick new, his response was 'Rick knows everything that goes on'

Not sure if the story has since changed but when the story first broke she did in fact feel that Pitino new something was going on.

You're joking right? & Joe Paterno didn't know what was happening at Penn St. Come on, this is the same man who cheated on his wife and had sex with a random woman in a closed restaurant and paid for her abortion. You think he has no clue what is going on? He probably told the staffer where to get the best hookers and strippers. The author says with all the alcohol, loud music, cameras and security in the dorms, she wonders how he could not know. Even if he "had no clue" he will still be nailed for lack of control over his program. We don't need the kind of NCAA heat that will follow him to UNLV. We can do and deserve so much better especially for the kind of money he is gonna want even if he gets fired from Louisville.

There's nothing to indicate he knew anything and I think it would be foolish to think he knew this was going on and allowed it. Like really? Louisville doesn't even need this to land recruits...Maybe he should have known, maybe he's ignorant, that's a separate argument.

There's nothing to indicate he knew anything and I think it would be foolish to think he knew this was going on and allowed it. Like really? Louisville doesn't even need this to land recruits...Maybe he should have known, maybe he's ignorant, that's a separate argument.

Couldn't disagree more. You can't assume they don't have questionable recruiting techniques because you don't think they need to. Miami was on top of the college football world and did all kinds of questionable crap in recruiting. You wouldn't have thought they needed to. Pitino has Calipari right down the road along with Memphis to compete with. Not saying he knew or didn't know, but to think a school wouldn't bend the rules because they don't need to is pretty short sighted. When it gets to that level they are all looking for advantages.

That's not at all what I was implying. The book itself said that RP probly didn't know this was going on and I think it's absolutely foolish to assume that he knowingly let these events happen on his watch.

Couldn't disagree more. You can't assume they don't have questionable recruiting techniques because you don't think they need to. Miami was on top of the college football world and did all kinds of questionable crap in recruiting. You wouldn't have thought they needed to. Pitino has Calipari right down the road along with Memphis to compete with. Not saying he knew or didn't know, but to think a school wouldn't bend the rules because they don't need to is pretty short sighted. When it gets to that level they are all looking for advantages.

Since we really have no idea what happened, you don't pass on a coach with that pedigree because he might have known that an assistant was paying for strippers.

People are acting like he is the devil himself. If he was as bad as people are saying, there would be a lot more accusations and evidence for as long as he has been coaching.... And winning big.

If I believed in God I would be praying everyday that he ends up coming here.

I am ready to win and there is no credible evidence that anything but that will happen with this guy as our coach.

That's not at all what I was implying. The book itself said that RP probly didn't know this was going on and I think it's absolutely foolish to assume that he knowingly let these events happen on his watch.

And to use that assumption as a reason not to hire a coach like him is ridiculous to me.

Tark had a terrible reputation, we knew better. Now we are supposed to pass on a coach like him based off of assumptions?

Since we really have no idea what happened, you don't pass on a coach with that pedigree because he might have known that an assistant was paying for strippers.

People are acting like he is the devil himself. If he was as bad as people are saying, there would be a lot more accusations and evidence for as long as he has been coaching.... And winning big.

If I believed in God I would be praying everyday that he ends up coming here.

I am ready to win and there is no credible evidence that anything but that will happen with this guy as our coach.

When did I say we should pass on him? I think it all depends on how close this thing got to him. There is an ongoing investigation that is turning up enough dirt that Louisville is trying to get ahead of it.

I have no idea what if anything Pitino had to do with the whole thing. If nothing, you immediately hire him. If there were some improprieties then you have to weigh the risk and rewards.

I think that is a pretty logical stance.

When did I say we should pass on him? I think it all depends on how close this thing got to him. There is an ongoing investigation that is turning up enough dirt that Louisville is trying to get ahead of it.

I have no idea what if anything Pitino had to do with the whole thing. If nothing, you immediately hire him. If there were some improprieties then you have to weigh the risk and rewards.

I think that is a pretty logical stance.

Didn't say you did. Some people in this thread are and I was referring to them.

Reactions: Danny The Donger
That is a lot of accusations in one post with no real evidence to back it up. As a UNLV fan I would think you would be more sensitive to that.

The guy has had one hell of a career and would instantly give credibility to a struggling basketball program.

We only have money to give a coach if the boosters want to give it. I think you are the one being delusional if you think we have much better options.
The President of Louisville must have found some foundation for the violations, why else would he impose the ban? Pitino has a hell of a career and a history of NCAA violations dating back to his time with Hawaii. I don't understand why you think with our history, facilities, current team and future recruits that UNLV can't do better than a coach that is probably going to be fired or resign in disgrace due to questionable recruiting and player violations. That is sad. We can and will do better than Pitino and I hope our Uber rich boosters have more respect for our program than that.

The President of Louisville must have found some foundation for the violations, why else would he impose the ban? Pitino has a hell of a career and a history of NCAA violations dating back to his time with Hawaii. I don't understand why you think with our history, facilities, current team and future recruits that UNLV can't do better than a coach that is probably going to be fired or resign in disgrace due to questionable recruiting and player violations. That is sad. We can and will do better than Pitino and I hope our Uber rich boosters have more respect for our program than that.

Yes they found that a stupid assistant was organizing these "events" and not directly linked to RP at all...There's maybe 4 or 5 coaches in the country better than RP and none of them want to come to UNLV..Not sure who you think were capable of getting that's better than RP..

Who? Who are these options that you have heard? Even after the last few weeks where every possible replacement coach we have heard about is less exciting than the previous one, you still think we are going to get some sure thing hire.

And like Danny said, they found evidence it happened, not that RP had anything to do with it.

Who? Who are these options that you have heard? Even after the last few weeks where every possible replacement coach we have heard about is less exciting than the previous one, you still think we are going to get some sure thing hire.

And like Danny said, they found evidence it happened, not that RP had anything to do with it.
Prez. Jessup told my friend's Rotary Club that they have had over 60 coaches inquiring about the position. I think we could get Archie Manning for the money Pitino is gonna want. In my opinion any coach is better than one that is gonna bring NCAA heat to UNLV. If it happened, Pitino is responsible for it because it is his program and he should have control of his players and staff.

Do better than pitino lmfao. And also who gives a f if he had sex at a closed restaurant n paid for an abortion. That has zero effect on his coaching lol. You seem very lost..

Prez. Jessup told my friend's Rotary Club that they have had over 60 coaches inquiring about the position. I think we could get Archie Manning for the money Pitino is gonna want. In my opinion any coach is better than one that is gonna bring NCAA heat to UNLV. If it happened, Pitino is responsible for it because it is his program and he should have control of his players and staff.

Yes, 60 assistant coaches and the like has put their names up. Let's pass on one of the great coaches of our generation...

I'm sorry but that is just ridiculous. Do you think all 14 players live at his house or something? Even if they did, it would still be impossible to know everything that goes on and their whereabouts 100%of the time..Just admit it, your faith has taught you to hate people like Slick Rick and that's mostly what your going on.

Do better than pitino lmfao. And also who gives a f if he had sex at a closed restaurant n paid for an abortion. That has zero effect on his coaching lol. You seem very lost..
Tell that to the mothers of recruits who might already be nervous about sending their son to Sin City. It pretty much shows his character, or lack there of, and shows he probably knew about the parties and didn't care or do anything to stop them. Again, the fact that he is trash doesn't bother me as much as the NCAA trouble that will follow him. Doesn't matter how good a coach is if we get post season bans because of hiring him.

If it happened, Pitino is responsible for it because it is his program and he should have control of his players and staff.

Unbelievably ironic that the poster continuously and constantly absolving Rice of all blame, and trying to pass it all to his players and staff, starts using lines like this!!

Reactions: Danny The Donger

I'm sorry but that is just ridiculous. Do you think all 14 players live at his house or something? Even if they did, it would still be impossible to know everything that goes on and their whereabouts 100%of the time..Just admit it, your faith has taught you to hate people like Slick Rick and that's mostly what your going on.
What does my faith have to do with this? How do you even know if I am a woman of faith? The parties took place in the college dorms, so there were cameras and security. As the author said, it is hard to believe he didn't know. A HC is required to have control over his staff and players. I don't hate Pitino. As a season ticket holder for 29 seasons, since I graduated, I lived thru the NCAA persecution years and I don't want to give the NCAA any excuse to target UNLV again. What is so hard to understand about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT