ADVERTISEMENT

Rice loves shot blockers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can. Do I care to? Not really.

It's true, I'm an optimist Tom. You got me. And you're a wet blanket of a poster who thinks he needs to remind everyone in every thread how awful the last two years have been. Doesn't matter what the topic- in this case a thread about a potential transfer- you always go back to it.
Given the choice, id rather be me.

FWIW, I like next year's roster. That's why I'm excited. I think we'll be better at PG than in years past, and I really think the last two incoming freshmen classes have the potential to be great Rebel classes. Is that Ok with you bud?
I too am an optimist. I don't care if Mayor Goodman is our coach, I'll always be there. Do I want them to win, absolutely. But my life doesn't start and end with it. We've all been through a lot worse times (Massamino) then our current status. Come early, stand proud, cheer loud. Go Rebels.

I missed the insult. Me and just trying to get through the long summer without Rebel basketball. You guys have to lighten up a little bit.

I missed the insult. Me and just trying to get through the long summer without Rebel basketball. You guys have to lighten up a little bit.
When we lightened up, people took it too far and crapped all over the place. We never wanted harsher guidelines. Now people have to deal with it. I'm glad it's only a small handful that have to check themselves.

I think to sum it up pretty simply all you have to notice is we have had a bad couple of years. Therefore, everything Rice does will be considered wrong and ridiculed. If we make the sweet sixteen this year, he will be a genius.

I can't pretend to know or understand why he does some of the things he does. I know the guy is smart and does know basketball, so I just leave the decision making to him and root like hell.

It is always different versions of the same argument, that is why this board has gotten so dry the last few years.

I can admit that I no longer expect a good year, I just really really hope for one. That will never change my attitude towards the team or coach though.

Im with the folks who are wondering how people have taken the "build with the freshman" and then say why are we recruiting transfers, and then get upset in Feb when Rice is running 5 freshman on the floor and we cant finish games because we have lost depth... GUYS its called depth... WE needed to keep the freshman here, but 4 guys cant do it all by themselves. Add the pressure Rice has this next season to win or lose his job, he analyzed what his roster is short of and has gone out and selectively chosen who to bring into this program, a few years ago, we likely have taken some of the troubled characters that had interest in our program. But the "reset" in no way meant we'd no longer persue the best talent available, but rather we would build a core with freshman classes that stay around and build a talented roster around them...

I clearly lost the argument - program is doing great - next year should be another great showing in the CDR Era. WTH am I thiinking, carry on.

Nah, there really wasn't much of an argument here at any point.

What happened here is you tried to hijack a thread about a potential transfer and make it a referendum on the coach. People weren't buying it, so you went all "7-year-old" on us with the name calling and the sarcastic BS about the state of the program.

That's more accurate.

Sarcasm without wit is boring and unintelligent. It's really just snide.

People like "funny sarcastic" guy. "Snide sarcastic" guy, not so much.

Reactions: RebPubnGrub
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT