ADVERTISEMENT

OT: OFF TOPIC OT Biden’s uncontrolled pen

Reply to Deep State comments. It is worse than the deep state. Clear path of state sactioned(as judges will not follow the law) intimidation through the press and part of society. How else can you explain cancel culture overwhelming benefitting mainly one side? How can you explain organizations technology hosting being taken away from them? How can you explain violent rioters this summer getting slaps on the wrist while non-violent Jan 6 protesters have lost jobs and threatened with jail time? We are getting closer to being like China each day.
How many police lines did those non-violent protesters smash through before stopping a constitutional act of Congress? BTW, interfering with a constitutional activity of congress is federal crime with penalties ranging up to 20 years of jail time. Every single person who entered the capital is a seditionist an ought to be treated as such.

I love Beto’s passion and his for the people politics. He was my first choice last round, but this particular message was never going to win him the White House. We as a country are so invested in our gun rights that attempting to actually confiscate weapons will lead to the next OKC or worse.
Beto’s solution is a simple one. The problem is, there isn’t actually a simple solution. There are a number of factors involved with incidents like this. It’s not just guns guns guns. Investment in health care, and stronger regulation over the sale of firearms are the big ones.
I think we may have just gone too far and there is no looking back at this point. So any measures that work towards lessening gun violence are welcome. I’d like to be an optimist and think that most people would agree we have a serious problem here that needs to be worked on. But I’m not and this is only going to create further tension and division.
So it comes down to what is more important. A persons gun rights or a persons inherent right to live without being killed by an unhinged gun owner?

Even if Beto could somehow manage to destroy our constitution and take away peoples guns... even if there was no uproar and not another OKC, say everyone just followed along peacefully with that idea.

Still,... you'd be left with a whole new set of problems. For instance, Home invasions would skyrocket. The real thing that keeps desperate drug addicts from just busting down the door and whacking you upside the head with a pipe and stealing your money and slapping your bitch..... is just the mere thought that you "MIGHT" be armed. JUst a thought..???

How many police lines did those non-violent protesters smash through before stopping a constitutional act of Congress? BTW, interfering with a constitutional activity of congress is federal crime with penalties ranging up to 20 years of jail time. Every single person who entered the capital is a seditionist an ought to be treated as such.
Oh this woman was definitely treated as a seditionist. I got a good laugh at it and I used to support Trump.

Even if Beto could somehow manage to destroy our constitution and take away peoples guns... even if there was no uproar and not another OKC, say everyone just followed along peacefully with that idea.

Still,... you'd be left with a whole new set of problems. For instance, Home invasions would skyrocket. The real thing that keeps desperate drug addicts from just busting down the door and whacking you upside the head with a pipe and stealing your money and slapping your bitch..... is just the mere thought that you "MIGHT" be armed. JUst a thought..???
So you’re saying owning an Assault Rifle scares people from home invasions but not owning a shot gun or hand gun?

I just don’t understand why anyone needs an Assault Rifle to protect themselves or go hunting with one.

I actually have an NRA coworker who uses an assault rifle to go hunting..

Reactions: BrianGregory
You comments just showed that what I said was true. If you are going to pay out of state tuition, that is on you, if you can't afford to pay off your college debt, that shows your ignorance in the degree that you paid for while attending college. Funny how I had no issue working a full time job all the way through school, and a second job during the summer to pay for my tuition in full, but I guess that is below you? You also had the option of going into the military (national guard) to pay for college, which is the option my son took to pay for his entire tuition, but I am also guessing that was below you? You seem to be really good about crying about being stuck in poverty while expecting others to pay off your debts? Maybe if you got off your ass and paid your own way, you wouldn't have been so far in debt?

As for a degree in urban planning, who can you work for with that degree outside of a government job? I am involved in land development, project planning and engineering, and as of yet have never run into an urban planning job in the private industry, so no surprise that you can't find a job in that field.

As for your attempt to put me into an age category, it doesn't change the facts that you went heavily into debt while both of my son's don't owe a penny in college due to their taking responsibility for themselves instead of blaming others!

Undergraduate Tuition
University of Nevada Las Vegas tuition is $7,454 per year for in-state residents. This is 1% more expensive than the national average public four year tuition of $7,357. The cost is 23% cheaper than the average Nevada tuition of $9,682 for 4 year colleges. Tuition ranks 7th in Nevada amongst 4 year colleges for affordability and is the 5th most expensive 4 year college in the state. If attending from out-of-state, the tuition is $22,505 which represents a 202% premium.

The school charges an additional fees of $837 in addition to tuition bringing the total effective in-state tuition to $8,291.

you could have saved yourself a lot of time with this reply if you would have read the part where I said I got my degree via in state tuition as a resident of Oregon. I’m a Vegas born lifelong rebel fan. But I haven’t been a resident of Nevada since 2005. My money owed has nearly doubled in the 6 years I’ve been done with school. You don’t think that’s something that should be looked at?

I don’t know what urban planning looks like in Nevada but in other places there are a wide range of options besides government work with transportation planning firms, non profits, etc. It’s actually a very competitive field. This my current dilemma. Once my son hits school age I’ll have planned out what I do next. I’m not crying about my debts, and I’m fully aware that my situation is not the norm due to the circumstances of very high unemployment during my school years.

I’m also not living in poverty. Nor was military service above me and had considered it. But I wasn’t going that route in my thirties.

So you’re saying owning an Assault Rifle scares people from home invasions but not owning a shot gun or hand gun?

I just don’t understand why anyone needs an Assault Rifle to protect themselves or go hunting with one.

lot of Lisa lobe-ing going on these days.....
You know what, I work at fedex ground pulling boxes out of trailers for 13.90 cents per hour 4 hours a dayMy coworker did the math and he said that’s 8 cents for every 3 boxes I pull.

They are hella easy to work for BUT, I could go full time but I would go nuts.

What are your thoughts on a 15$ minimum wage? I didn’t know the minimum in Vegas was still under 9$. Portland is set to hit 15$ in the next two years, but in order to live comfortably, not extravagantly, one would need to make around 24-25 an hour full time. And that number would get people away from the social assistance that all the rich folk call free handouts. It’s like they just want impoverished people to die.

Reactions: RebelScrub
Maybe this is an unpopular opinion but bringing politics to Tark Court is about as cool as sitting down at a tittie bar and having a couple missionaries sit down with you and try to have a religious conversation.
There is a Reddit board for you if you want to trash Biden or Trump or talk about Elvis being alive and that Q is a legit dude.

Last edited:
Maybe this is an unpopular opinion but bringing politics to Tark Court is about as cool as sitting down at a tittie bar and having a couple missionaries sit down with you and try to have a religious conversation.
There is a Reddit board for you if you want to trash Biden or Trump or talk about Elvis being alive and a is a legit dude.
I don’t block free speech on here, only threats, but I agree with you. This isn’t the place for it but a 100-page Covid thread on the Confi board says differently.

Continue to play nice, boys, with no threats toward anyone else.

I don’t block free speech on here, only threats, but I agree with you. This isn’t the place for it but a 100-page Covid thread on the Confi board says differently.

Continue to play nice, boys, with no threats toward anyone else.
Just mark it as OT. If people want to sink into it, have at it. Don’t like it, it’s marked as OT and you can tell it’s political.

The Covid thread is entirely my fault, lol.

It’s not just politics to me. It’s much more than that.

Nobody is challenging your patriotism or how politics can affect everyone. I would rather have passionate neighbors rather than apathetic ones.

But like I said, I got a full pack of camels, a shot of jeg and a frosty bud light, a C note going into the machine and 100 singles, all ready for destiny, misty, Dakota, and diamond to get on stage. Leave politics for tomorrow when I’m broke and need to bum money from you.

beware the champions of the constitution. Not one of them has mentioned the gop’s commitment to voter suppression which is actually happening in real time. Actual infringement of constitutional rights doesn’t concern them. If it did, every single one of them would be in full support of the voting rights act. Instead they stand in support of overturning the results of a free and fair election. There is an anti democracy agenda behind what is happening in Georgia and it will continue to spread across the nation. Someone here said we are only one generation away from losing america as we know it, but it’s not for the reason they believe it is. Rumors of gun confiscating task forces do make for one hell of a distraction though....

Reactions: RebelSoldat
There is a Reddit board for you if you want to trash Biden or Trump or talk about Elvis being alive and that Q is a legit dude.

I don’t think this is an unpopular or unreasonable opinion at all.

my personal opinion is that this is actually a great space for this type of discussion, simply because we all share one common bond. With that bond comes a level of respect that should allow us to have positive debate on current affairs. There is a lot of anger, fear and frustration flying around our world right now. Sharing those intense emotions with others in this community can allow some feelings of safety.

At the end of the day we are all rebel fans. No matter our political divides, we are still united by that fact. It’s good to talk, especially with those we feel that we can relate to, during these times when it’s very easy to feel like sanity has completely escaped us.

beware the champions of the constitution. Not one of them has mentioned the gop’s commitment to voter suppression which is actually happening in real time. Actual infringement of constitutional rights doesn’t concern them. If it did, every single one of them would be in full support of the voting rights act. Instead they stand in support of overturning the results of a free and fair election. There is an anti democracy agenda behind what is happening in Georgia and it will continue to spread across the nation. Someone here said we are only one generation away from losing america as we know it, but it’s not for the reason they believe it is. Rumors of gun confiscating task forces do make for one hell of a distraction though....
Voter ID is not suppression. Not allow 3rd parties collecting ballots helps with integrity. What issues do you have with the bill ? Is it flawless ? Hell no! How about H.R.1.? That bill is to secure Democratic strong hold on election for years to come.

Voter ID is not suppression. Not allow 3rd parties collecting ballots helps with integrity. What issues do you have with the bill ? Is it flawless ? Hell no! How about H.R.1.? That bill is to secure Democratic strong hold on election for years to come.
Shortening the window to request and return absentee ballots, limiting drop boxes and the hours they are accessible, taking away the drop boxes 4 days prior to the election, cutting early voting in runoff elections from 3 weeks to 1, eliminating mobile polling sites.

That’s not making voting easier. It’s literal voter suppression written in response to false claims of “vOTer FrAuD11!1!1!!1!” in the state with the highest number of audits and recounts after the last presidential election, all of which turned up no substantial evidence of their horseshit claim.

To top it off they took away some powers of the Secretary of State (you may remember him as the only Republican with a spine not crafted from silly putty, whose interactions with the commander in cheese are currently undergoing a criminal investigation).

AND they made water illegal.

it’s a sore loser bill aimed at disenfranchising urban voters (see: liberal) and people of color.

In response to “democratic strong hold,” plenty of republicans, including trump, have said out loud that if voting was more easily accessible republicans would never win another election. And this was fully proven when they installed a stooge as postmaster general with the purpose of burning down the USPS and rigging the mail in vote, only to fully fail at their own attempts of election fraud.

It is true, if voting was easier and everyone voted, republicans would never be in charge again. So they do big tough guy shit like threaten someone with a year in jail for handing out bottles of water.

Shortening the window to request and return absentee ballots, limiting drop boxes and the hours they are accessible, taking away the drop boxes 4 days prior to the election, cutting early voting in runoff elections from 3 weeks to 1, eliminating mobile polling sites.

That’s not making voting easier. It’s literal voter suppression written in response to false claims of “vOTer FrAuD11!1!1!!1!” in the state with the highest number of audits and recounts after the last presidential election, all of which turned up no substantial evidence of their horseshit claim.

To top it off they took away some powers of the Secretary of State (you may remember him as the only Republican with a spine not crafted from silly putty, whose interactions with the commander in cheese are currently undergoing a criminal investigation).

it’s a sore loser bill aimed at disenfranchising urban voters (see: liberal) and people of color.

In response to “democratic strong hold,” plenty of republicans, including trump, have said out loud that if voting was more easily accessible republicans would never win another election. And this was fully proven when they installed a stooge as postmaster general with the purpose of burning down the USPS and rigging the mail in vote, only to fully fail at their own attempts of election fraud.

It is true, if voting was easier and everyone voted, republicans would never be in charge again. So they do big tough guy shit like threaten someone with a year in jail for handing out bottles of water.

why shoild anyone be provided anything while standing in line? they dont hand pit refreshnents at the dmv.

in person voting is the best way to secure an election. the whole premise of drop boxes is silly to begin with. with all the early voting allowed why is it so hard to get to the polls or to a mail box?

you really think having boxes stuffed with thousands of votes sitting there for weeks is a great idea?

Some of us are old enough to see what played out in 2020 many times over in our lifetimes. Boxes of votes "found" after voting hours, intimidation of observers, holding precients out so they know how many vote they need. This cycle brought a new thing, unrequested ballots being sent out in violation of the law and more non US citizens voting than ever which works as it takes too long to challenge their votes.

Voter id is about following the principal of one US citzen, one vote. How could anyone be against treating US citizens equally?

Ballot harvesting is a major issue. You are telling me that Biden got 15 million more votes than Obama? That guy is a puppet and baffoon. That is how the Democratic party does things. They promise free stuff and claim everything the Republican party does is racist. Just to get votes. That is one of the major divides in this country. They are the one suppressing the minorities. Instead of accountability and trying to better their communities they just blame the white man. Things were not always fair for minorities that is not the case today. IF you have kids, married, high school grad OR HIGHER, no criminal record you are almost guaranteed to not live in poverty. IT is funny that all of these RICH billionaires and multi millionaires blame Trump and the Right. Yet they dont put their money where their mouth is.

Last time I checked this is a UNLV basketball forum, Not a political hate forum! SMFH
We're pretty liberal about moderation. It's marked clearly as OT (off-topic), unless it gets too out of hand with actual hate speech, I don't see the issue with debating political ideas. There was a time when that meant you could still tolerate each other, hell, many could still remain good friends with differing political opinions. Time to get back to that.

Reactions: Rebel_Luv
We're pretty liberal about moderation. It's marked clearly as OT (off-topic), unless it gets too out of hand with actual hate speech, I don't see the issue with debating political ideas. There was a time when that meant you could still tolerate each other, hell, many could still remain good friends with differing political opinions. Time to get back to that.
People don’t need to open threads if they don’t want to read it. It clearly states what it’s about, it’s labeled OT. If it’s politics, it’s going to be gunpowder. You are absolutely guaranteed to find something you loathe in the thread ... you know this going in.

So don’t read it. Or do read it. But you have proper warning before exposing yourself.

I certainly do not want to err on the side of censorship. We’ve never operated that way. X, you’ve been here since the beginning, so you know already. We are and have been and will continue to be liberal with freedom of speech.

What are your thoughts on a 15$ minimum wage? I didn’t know the minimum in Vegas was still under 9$. Portland is set to hit 15$ in the next two years, but in order to live comfortably, not extravagantly, one would need to make around 24-25 an hour full time. And that number would get people away from the social assistance that all the rich folk call free handouts. It’s like they just want impoverished people to die.

Federal Minimum Wage spending value is stagnant & fixed. To make a livable wage, you need to make 100-200% more than whatever the Federal Minimum Wage (labor price) is set at the time. At $15 federal minimum wage, you would need $30-45 per hour for a middle income.
In basic terms,
people have a hard time understanding the difference between Money Wage & Real Wage. People gain by earning more real wages with 3 wages providing a middle class lifestyle. Federal Minimum Wage is the base Money Wage & only represents the cost of one single wage.
Historically:

$1 in 1970 was worth $6.67 dollars made 8 hours pay worth $53.36 in 2020 value

$1 was worth $2.09 in 1989 at $3.35 FMW. 8 hours pay was worth $56.01 in 2020 value

$1 was worth $1.28 in 2006 at $5.15 FMW. 8 hours pay was worth $52.73 in 2020 value

$7.25 now equals $58.00 in 8 hours

Thus the spending value of earning Federal Minimum Wage stays the same but the number of dollars needed to make greater than 2-3 wage per hour pushes more people into poverty.

You guys need to step it up a bit. There was a thread earlier here that talked about how Jewish people, Chinese, Vietnamese, etc were cheap bargainers. Everyone loves freedom of speech but that doesn't mean freedom of consequences.

• Haha
I don’t poke my head in here too much, if they let something go; they let something go. If they deleted it; they deleted it. It’s up to them and their judgments. Every sentence isn’t going to be scrutinized and taken before a judge to deem whether it’s acceptable or not.

It’s just as easy to pay no mind to it. Just glancing this thread, I see a ton of horseshit, but I’m not going to run to my therapist about it or demand that we ban people over it.

Somebody is a continual jackass and it’s impacting your daily life, block them, simple.

Ballot harvesting is a major issue. You are telling me that Biden got 15 million more votes than Obama? That guy is a puppet and baffoon. That is how the Democratic party does things. They promise free stuff and claim everything the Republican party does is racist. Just to get votes. That is one of the major divides in this country. They are the one suppressing the minorities. Instead of accountability and trying to better their communities they just blame the white man. Things were not always fair for minorities that is not the case today. IF you have kids, married, high school grad OR HIGHER, no criminal record you are almost guaranteed to not live in poverty. IT is funny that all of these RICH billionaires and multi millionaires blame Trump and the Right. Yet they dont put their money where their mouth is.

There are a couple of things that made the 2020 election different from Obama’s elections. McCain was popular, but then Sarah palin showed up and crippled his chances. Mitt Romney was as inspiring to the right as John Kerry was to the left. Both of those races were considered over before they began.

I don’t disagree with you on joe Biden. I’m not really interested in defending him and can only sit by and hope that his presidency brings positive outcomes. I don’t think I know a single person who wanted joe Biden to be the dem candidate. I do, however, know a number of people who voted dem for the first time in their lives. The reasoning for this was not because joe Biden was popular, but because Donald trump was so unpopular he inspired people to vote against him. My vote wasn’t a vote for joe Biden, it was a vote against Donald trump.

add to that, Donald trump spent months telling his supporters not to vote by mail and then couldn’t grasp the reality that the majority of mail in votes went to his opponent. This after Louis dejoy did everything he could to hinder the usps outside of trading in mail trucks for wheel barrows and roller skates.

if Donald trump wasn’t viewed as such a massive threat to American democracy, I don’t doubt he would have beaten joe Biden. The only thing bigger than trumps popularity was his unpopularity, and that’s what beat him.

there was also that whole thing about not letting Obama seat a Supreme Court justice in an election year, 9 months prior to the election, saying it will be decided by the voting public and then ramming through a conservative justice 2 weeks before an election, against the will of the voting public.

That was a bad look and certainly didn’t help their cause.

I don’t think it’s nearly as big of a conspiracy as others would like to believe.

Oh it is not a conspiracy when many precients had over 100% participation?
The law suits where

Just today, the supreme court says H Clinton does not have to testify under oath on the email scandal. It is fact that evidence was destroyed under Clinton.

Over and over and over, one set of laws for one group and another set for everyone else. Still waiting for Joe Biden to lift a finger for unity. He said he would be president for all americans. That has to be the biggest lie ever.

The law suits where

Just today, the supreme court says H Clinton does not have to testify under oath on the email scandal. It is fact that evidence was destroyed under Clinton.

Over and over and over, one set of laws for one group and another set for everyone else. Still waiting for Joe Biden to lift a finger for unity. He said he would be president for all americans. That has to be the biggest lie ever.

i do agree that is his biggest lie. he has been very divisive. his comments have shown that over and over. just as good at the name calling game as trump.

There are a couple of things that made the 2020 election different from Obama’s elections. McCain was popular, but then Sarah palin showed up and crippled his chances. Mitt Romney was as inspiring to the right as John Kerry was to the left. Both of those races were considered over before they began.

I don’t disagree with you on joe Biden. I’m not really interested in defending him and can only sit by and hope that his presidency brings positive outcomes. I don’t think I know a single person who wanted joe Biden to be the dem candidate. I do, however, know a number of people who voted dem for the first time in their lives. The reasoning for this was not because joe Biden was popular, but because Donald trump was so unpopular he inspired people to vote against him. My vote wasn’t a vote for joe Biden, it was a vote against Donald trump.

add to that, Donald trump spent months telling his supporters not to vote by mail and then couldn’t grasp the reality that the majority of mail in votes went to his opponent. This after Louis dejoy did everything he could to hinder the usps outside of trading in mail trucks for wheel barrows and roller skates.

if Donald trump wasn’t viewed as such a massive threat to American democracy, I don’t doubt he would have beaten joe Biden. The only thing bigger than trumps popularity was his unpopularity, and that’s what beat him.

there was also that whole thing about not letting Obama seat a Supreme Court justice in an election year, 9 months prior to the election, saying it will be decided by the voting public and then ramming through a conservative justice 2 weeks before an election, against the will of the voting public.

That was a bad look and certainly didn’t help their cause.

I don’t think it’s nearly as big of a conspiracy as others would like to believe.
That is not exactly how it happened. The Republicans were in control of the Senate, it has happened numerous times in history when the Presidency and Senate aligned. I think 13 times? Elections have consequences as we are witnessing NOW! Do not fool yourself look at what the Dems did with the last 2 SCOTUS nominations. Tried to destroy their lives. As for disliking Trump how many times did the News and Press and Social Media allow lies, embellishments and smear campaigns to go unquestioned ? Every time! They lied about Russia collusion *3 1/2 years of them saying they had irrefutable proof and they had 0 , they lied about the Ukraine call, they would selectively edit things he said and take things out of context to make Trump look like a racist. McCain and Romney are both tools. That is why they never won. A threat to Democracy ? How? That is what the Left is doing. They are playing dirty as hell! Changing the rules and doing everything in their power to stay in control. They are being successful at it because they have 95% of the news outlets and almost all of social media on their side. People still believe all the lies the left has said about Trump ,because they never retract! They just move on to the next lie. The main reason why he lost was because of that, Virus (not his fault) , and soft minded independents voting against America and Trump. Trump did so many good things and the LEFT was silent. Yes he rubs people the wrong way and is abrasive personality ! I dont care i am not thin skinned. I want results. Imagine if the Dems did not spend 4 years of fighting with him. IT was all a power grab.

Dude, nobody is hiring.

For the record, I’m a closet socialist. I wish I was born in Saudi Arabia, Australia or Sweden.

somewhere with full on benefits of never ever having to work another day in my life.

Reactions: BrianGregory
The law suits where

meh, I couldn’t care less about Hillary, if there is really something there then I would hope she pays the price because the lack of accountability in government is my biggest gripe. And that goes across all political parties. I’m about as far left as I think one could be, but I’m no democrat. Our country often seems to call out others for corruption but we as a nation seem resigned to just taking it in our own country as this is the way it is and what could we do about it anyway?

HR1 pushes transparency in political donations. It’s actually a really good thing. And you know it’s a good thing just based on today’s leak between a McConnell aide and dark money groups. Those fools are very worried.

It’s always important to remember that there are bullshitters on both sides of the table. Ivanka used personal email to conduct govt business in 2017, her response was basically tee hee I’m ignorant, and the story passed like a fart in the wind.

i do agree that is his biggest lie. he has been very divisive. his comments have shown that over and over. just as good at the name calling game as trump.

not a troll reply but a legitimate question, what do you consider unity to be? Republican senators have already said they would block everything democrats bring to the floor, including cabinet nominations. Dems didn’t even do that to trump.

Beyond unity, he also made mention of healing the nation. But when one side wants the entire trump admin locked up and the other wants Biden dragged out of office and replaced by trump, healing is very clearly not in our future.

I am not a crook, I did not have sexual relations with that woman, wmd’s in Iraq, make America great again, unite the nation blah blah blah.

Im not hanging on to the mans words any more than any of the other idiots that showed up before him.

That is not exactly how it happened. The Republicans were in control of the Senate, it has happened numerous times in history when the Presidency and Senate aligned. I think 13 times? Elections have consequences as we are witnessing NOW! Do not fool yourself look at what the Dems did with the last 2 SCOTUS nominations. Tried to destroy their lives. As for disliking Trump how many times did the News and Press and Social Media allow lies, embellishments and smear campaigns to go unquestioned ? Every time! They lied about Russia collusion *3 1/2 years of them saying they had irrefutable proof and they had 0 , they lied about the Ukraine call, they would selectively edit things he said and take things out of context to make Trump look like a racist. McCain and Romney are both tools. That is why they never won. A threat to Democracy ? How? That is what the Left is doing. They are playing dirty as hell! Changing the rules and doing everything in their power to stay in control. They are being successful at it because they have 95% of the news outlets and almost all of social media on their side. People still believe all the lies the left has said about Trump ,because they never retract! They just move on to the next lie. The main reason why he lost was because of that, Virus (not his fault) , and soft minded independents voting against America and Trump. Trump did so many good things and the LEFT was silent. Yes he rubs people the wrong way and is abrasive personality ! I dont care i am not thin skinned. I want results. Imagine if the Dems did not spend 4 years of fighting with him. IT was all a power grab.
This is a difficult obstacle course to navigate. Are you talking about kavanaugh? Cause there are still a lot of unanswered questions in regard to him. I’m not bothered by gorsuch, and Barrett suffers from her selection being forced through under blatantly hypocritical circumstances, while potentially being more under qualified than anyone else on the bench.

The threat to democracy thing. There is a Wikipedia page titled “Donald trump’s disclosures of classified information” that can act as a time machine if you really want to know the answer to the question. And it has all culminated with the criminal investigation in Georgia in regards to racketeering. You know, pressuring the Georgia Secretary of State to find him some votes, attempting to overturn an election? This is all some pretty blatant stuff, I don’t see any reason to go back to Russia or the “perfect call.” Dude even had vindmans brother canned because he’s such an egotistical asshole. If he really wanted to clear himself over the abuse of power allegations he could have released the actual transcripts of the call. He didn’t. We can only imagine why.

Im going to leave you to your own sentiments on the media, politics and news are little more than entertainment via major outlets and it’s a pointless debate.

The covid thing is up to interpretation. Do I think he went out and breathed it in my face? No. Do I think he handled it about as poorly as it could be handled? Absolutely. He was made aware in November. He didn’t care. He made no plan to prepare. He lied to the country about its severity, proven by his own words in recorded interviews. He blamed Obama. Three years into his OWN presidency. He blamed the media, he blamed democrats, he blamed everyone and said he wasn’t responsible all the while doing nothing to help or lead. (What else to expect from the guy who through paper towels at a Puerto Rican post hurricane press conference?) He turned us all against each other over wearing masks. That’s just straight up stupid. He got dr. Birx (another spineless hack) to agree with his bleach and sunshine in the bloodstream cure, and now she’s out saying he is the reason so many people are dead, after she stood by nodding out like a junkie bobble head. He fired up unhinged maniacs who went on to threaten the life of dr fauci whose only agenda was to make sure that you stay healthy and alive. He put together a task force of idiots to combat the virus and told states they were on their own, as fema began swooping in on those states’ ordered equipment and confiscating it, leading to late night transfers in rural McDonald’s parking lots and the New England patriots owner helping the mass gov by using his private plane to obtain ppe and then distribute it via trucks escorted by state troopers so it wouldn’t be confiscated.

That’s entirely fact by the way, and it will live on in history as his legacy of “leadership.”

I dunno the denial of responsibility over the handling of covid 19 boils my blood. Sorry for the long rant.

Going back to the main point, the election results. It’s been a while but from the start, Donald trump was loathed worldwide. Remember that he didn’t even beat Hillary in the popular vote and she was a political virus all on her own. You may not like it but sometimes the easiest answer is the right one. Far more people disliked Donald trump than liked him. And that’s the only true answer as to why he lost.

And we can what if over the dems fighting him for 4 years until the end of time. Obama could say the same thing. It doesn’t matter. Remember repeal and replace the affordable care act? They could have accomplished that if they would have remembered the whole REPLACE part of the plan. But they didn’t. And they failed. Oh well....

Dude, nobody is hiring.

For the record, I’m a closet socialist. I wish I was born in Saudi Arabia, Australia or Sweden.

somewhere with full on benefits of never ever having to work another day in my life.

I hear you. I’ve been lucky enough that though my work has only been open 3 months of the last 12, my boss has managed to keep her bar from calling it quits. But when we reopen in two weeks I’ll be lucky to scratch the 20 hour per week mark. Governor is still requiring all bars and restaurants to be closed 11 pm.

I don’t know what your support system looks like, but if you find yourself in a bind feel free to reach out. I still have a lot of friends back home that could potentially find you work, even if only temporary.

If you really wanted to get out, research working on oil rigs in Norway. I floated that idea for a little while. Also doing the Bart Simpson thing in France working in wine vineyards. I love France, but these days I desire to live there only slightly more than staying in the US. If I had to leave Oregon my feelings would likely change drastically, but even Oregon has lost its charm in my eyes. I’m planning to stay close to my son but if his mom moves back to east Idaho, I don’t know where I’ll go. Be a toss up between staying here, moving back to Vegas, or making my third stop in Colorado. I wouldn’t move to Idaho for less than 6 figures. And even if offered I probably still wouldn’t go. Some things aren’t worth the money.

I might be wrong, but I think Iceland would have been a pretty great place to have been born and raised. Everyone leaves them alone. That sounds delightful.

• Love
This is a difficult obstacle course to navigate. Are you talking about kavanaugh? Cause there are still a lot of unanswered questions in regard to him. I’m not bothered by gorsuch, and Barrett suffers from her selection being forced through under blatantly hypocritical circumstances, while potentially being more under qualified than anyone else on the bench.

The threat to democracy thing. There is a Wikipedia page titled “Donald trump’s disclosures of classified information” that can act as a time machine if you really want to know the answer to the question. And it has all culminated with the criminal investigation in Georgia in regards to racketeering. You know, pressuring the Georgia Secretary of State to find him some votes, attempting to overturn an election? This is all some pretty blatant stuff, I don’t see any reason to go back to Russia or the “perfect call.” Dude even had vindmans brother canned because he’s such an egotistical asshole. If he really wanted to clear himself over the abuse of power allegations he could have released the actual transcripts of the call. He didn’t. We can only imagine why.

Im going to leave you to your own sentiments on the media, politics and news are little more than entertainment via major outlets and it’s a pointless debate.

The covid thing is up to interpretation. Do I think he went out and breathed it in my face? No. Do I think he handled it about as poorly as it could be handled? Absolutely. He was made aware in November. He didn’t care. He made no plan to prepare. He lied to the country about its severity, proven by his own words in recorded interviews. He blamed Obama. Three years into his OWN presidency. He blamed the media, he blamed democrats, he blamed everyone and said he wasn’t responsible all the while doing nothing to help or lead. (What else to expect from the guy who through paper towels at a Puerto Rican post hurricane press conference?) He turned us all against each other over wearing masks. That’s just straight up stupid. He got dr. Birx (another spineless hack) to agree with his bleach and sunshine in the bloodstream cure, and now she’s out saying he is the reason so many people are dead, after she stood by nodding out like a junkie bobble head. He fired up unhinged maniacs who went on to threaten the life of dr fauci whose only agenda was to make sure that you stay healthy and alive. He put together a task force of idiots to combat the virus and told states they were on their own, as fema began swooping in on those states’ ordered equipment and confiscating it, leading to late night transfers in rural McDonald’s parking lots and the New England patriots owner helping the mass gov by using his private plane to obtain ppe and then distribute it via trucks escorted by state troopers so it wouldn’t be confiscated.

That’s entirely fact by the way, and it will live on in history as his legacy of “leadership.”

I dunno the denial of responsibility over the handling of covid 19 boils my blood. Sorry for the long rant.

Going back to the main point, the election results. It’s been a while but from the start, Donald trump was loathed worldwide. Remember that he didn’t even beat Hillary in the popular vote and she was a political virus all on her own. You may not like it but sometimes the easiest answer is the right one. Far more people disliked Donald trump than liked him. And that’s the only true answer as to why he lost.

And we can what if over the dems fighting him for 4 years until the end of time. Obama could say the same thing. It doesn’t matter. Remember repeal and replace the affordable care act? They could have accomplished that if they would have remembered the whole REPLACE part of the plan. But they didn’t. And they failed. Oh well....
It was not November. Trump took Fauci advice EVERYTIME. Infact the LEFT was criticizing him when he started to restrict flights from China. It is not entirely fact BTW, Fauci said it himself that it was no worse than the cold and dont wear a mask. Blaming Trump for a Virus that no one knew about is not being honest. Look at the rest of the world. Who did it right? We have freedoms as Americans. 90% PLUS of the people dying are elderly or unhealthy people (that is a America as a whole problem). The hole Georgia thing has been disproven. Infact Georgia lead investigator lied about her discussion with Trump. LOOK IT UP. Mask dont really work. There is data proving it. Herd immunity and protect the elderly and unhealthy is how you do it As for Kavanaugh there is no questions unanswered. She was a hack. So some drunk kid pressed against her at a party when they were kids. 35 years ago. She told no one not even her friends , parents, her husband . she dont remember the house. Infact she tried to get her friend to LIE and say she told her about it. It may of happened ,but was not him. And it was not as dramatic to her as she said or she would of told someone. A guy came forward and said it may of been him. Unqualified ?Bar association listed ALL 3 as Unanimously WELL QUALIFED. IF YOU HAVE TO LIE AS IN THE LEFT TO FIT YOUR NARRATIVE THEN MAYBE THEY ARE THE PROBLEM. As for Vindman being fired WHO CARES? You are suppose to surround yourself with people you can trust. Vidman was a political hack. Was reassigned not really fired. The Double standard with Biden doing the exact thing they accused Trump of doing. Imagine if the whole Hunter Biden thing was Trump jr and family. They media would be blasting it 24/7. As for Puerto Rico he did 100x more than Obama did under similar circumstances. It may of been not the best look when he did that. Was trying to do it as i am here to help. IF u really think he meant to do it so he could embarrass them then your not being fair. Gave them 13 billion of aid and Obama gave them blankets. States are on their own. It is called separation of state and federal powers! Look that up too. Trump has no authority over states. That is why lets say weed is legal in some states ,but illegal on a federal level.

Biden’s pen will be moving big time tomorrow......
You just couldn’t let this thread die of natural causes... you had to bump it...

I’ll bite. I was a fiscal conservative since I was 18 and a reg rep since 18. It aligned closest to me. Trump was so bad that I had to deregister in 2016. It was a needed cleansing, like needing to watch Forest Gump after Requiem for a Dream.

I can’t imagine I was the only one who did that

You just couldn’t let this thread die of natural causes... you had to bump it...

I’ll bite. I was a fiscal conservative since I was 18 and a reg rep since 18. It aligned closest to me. Trump was so bad that I had to deregister in 2016. It was a needed cleansing, like needing to watch Forest Gump after Requiem for a Dream.

I can’t imagine I was the only one who did that
While I would never want to work for Trump, it is each and every day that Biden is further dividing and destroying this country. From immigration to throwing huge money at every left wing group to putting much of our energy sector out of work, his lie of being for all the people of the USA lives on.

While I would never want to work for Trump, it is each and every day that Biden is further dividing and destroying this country. From immigration to throwing huge money at every left wing group to putting much of our energy sector out of work, his lie of being for all the people of the USA lives on.

in my lifetime a president has never encouraged corporations to boycott an entire state of its own people.

trump sucked as a communicator and built no bridges with the other side but if anyone thinks we elected an upgrade to that is a complete moron.

in my lifetime a president has never encouraged corporations to boycott an entire state of its own people.

trump sucked as a communicator and built no bridges with the other side but if anyone thinks we elected an upgrade to that is a complete moron.
Trump tried to reach out. Yes he is a abrasive and rubs people the wrong way. WHO CARES. Results. The left and the media has treated him unfairly. They were so afraid of him getting positive press or limelight that they twisted everything in the most negative light or just did not report on it or give him props like prison reform. One of many examples. Border wall. They ALL agreed to it for years until Trump was going to do something about it. Then they used it against him calling him a racist. NOW LOOK AT THE RESULTS!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT