ADVERTISEMENT

MWC tournament

Rebel_Luv

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Seeing as our bench production,is almost non-existent the MWC tournament might be short lived. We have the talent 2 win it. Just not the depth and execution in late game situations. This is the fourth or fifth game we Choked Away late in the game. I feel sorry for thomas. He's our best player and and we'll go down as one of the greatest To wear the Scarlet And gray. If he stays around all four years. But he has missed the big shot in multiple games that could have won us multiple games 4 us. That said who else do you give the ball to? We needed a Elite scorerer to compliment d j.

Seeing as our bench production,is almost non-existent the MWC tournament might be short lived. We have the talent 2 win it. Just not the depth and execution in late game situations. This is the fourth or fifth game we Choked Away late in the game. I feel sorry for thomas. He's our best player and and we'll go down as one of the greatest To wear the Scarlet And gray. If he stays around all four years. But he has missed the big shot in multiple games that could have won us multiple games 4 us. That said who else do you give the ball to? We needed a Elite scorerer to compliment d j.
We need a couple of guys to compliment DJ, one on the wing in the front court and one in the backcourt. I don’t fault DJ one bit, who else stepped up in those “end of game” situations.. nobody that’s who!

Yup. Our bench creates a huge +/- gap... it's no coincidence that when Whaley sits, our leads evaporate. I don't understand who is even available at this point because it seems outside Jones and JJ3/Webster, there isn't anyone else playing. And even then, the ones who do come in don't play the same offense the starters do. They just come in and jack up shots.
The second problem is Kalib going through the motions. Yeah he occasionally steps up, but good grief if he's doubled on the block he can't pass out of it to save his life. But you can't bench him because no one else is available.

"The second problem is Kalib going through the motions. Yeah he occasionally steps up, but good grief if he's doubled on the block he can't pass out of it to save his life. But you can't bench him because no one else is available."

He waits for the double team to get firmly established before he goes to the rim, or even worse, before he passes out of it. He needs to get the ball and immediately go to the hole. 1 on 1 he'll get loads of foul calls. He'll get far fewer call, trying to break through a double team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT