ADVERTISEMENT

Lady Rebels Infinity basketball thread

Congrats, to Lindy LaRocque on her 100th Career win today.
In her 4 year's of coaching. She , is averaging 25 wins a season!

Another great season for Lindy. Congrats!

In other news the #2 seed New Mexico and Coach of the Year Bradbury went out in flames losing to SDSU the #7 seed by 11 points. Coach of the year my ass.

Hey all, long time AF fan who has posted here for years off and on. We got swacked by FSU yesterday, hard to know what would have happened to us today. Congrats on the record setting win and good luck.

Used to go to all the games with my Dad before he passed due to f'ing covid. So I'm forgoing the remaining women's games as I get ready to see which AF men's team shows up vs NM. I hope the T&M is kind to us.

Because of that I have 2xseats women Tuesday and 2x women's championship Wednesday nite center court bottom row/1st row (essentially Courtside behind media tables) 106DD if anyone looking to go with awesome view. PM me.

Admin, hope ya don't mind me posting, if not permitted I understand if you delete.

GO FALCONS- Rick
We don’t mind you posting at all.

Sorry to hear that your dad passed away from Covid. So did my mother.

2020 was a shitty year

We don’t mind you posting at all.

Sorry to hear that your dad passed away from Covid. So did my mother.

2020 was a shitty year
Yep. We got it at the same time. I spent 76 days in hospital/rehab (36 days on the ventilator), had to relearn to walk, and still on oxygen 2 years later when home in Colorado. But I'm here in Vegas for the tourney. God is good.

GO FALCONS

I was looking at the ESPN Bracketology yesterday and it had us as a 7 seed in the Tourney. Today, they dropped us to a 9 seed. Worse yet they have us matched up with Nebraska. With Scoggins suing Nebraska that is a screwed up matchup.

Yes, I know this Bracketology changes on a daily basis. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

I was looking at the ESPN Bracketology yesterday and it had us as a 7 seed in the Tourney. Today, they dropped us to a 9 seed. Worse yet they have us matched up with Nebraska. With Scoggins suing Nebraska that is a screwed up matchup.

Yes, I know this Bracketology changes on a daily basis. Let's see what tomorrow brings.
This, Charlie Creme guy is wrong in his predictions.
Last year, he had us as a 12th seed and we eventually got an 11th seed.
9th seed, is ridiculous.
We, jumped in the coaches poll to #19. 4 spots up.

The problem is the rest of the conference is rather bad and doesnt help move our resume despite the ranking next to our name moving up. I hope that we can get a better seed this year based on our play, but it again seems like the rest of the conference being basically non-existent hurts us again.

The problem is the rest of the conference is rather bad and doesnt help move our resume despite the ranking next to our name moving up. I hope that we can get a better seed this year based on our play, but it again seems like the rest of the conference being basically non-existent hurts us again.
We, will get a better seed this year than last year.
That's not, what I'm worried about.I'm worried about, by how much.
Like, Meister said, a 9 seed is doing UNLV wrong and it's ridiculous.
This, so called "expert". Is just, one person's opinion.
All, UNLV can do is win 2 more games and let the committee decide on Selection Sunday.

We, will get a better seed this year than last year.
That's not, what I'm worried about.I'm worried about, by how much.
Like, Meister said, a 9 seed is doing UNLV wrong and it's ridiculous.
This, so called "expert". Is just, one person's opinion.
All, UNLV can do is win 2 more games and let the committee decide on Selection Sunday.
I beg to differ. Creme has done the bracketology for years and goes by the criteria that the NCAA provides. I have heard that NCAA even trains people. There might be some room for opinion but that's what all the rankings and "computer" ratings are as well. Expressions of opinions whether that includes weighting by NET rating, RPI, common opponents, conference NET, whatever. They're trying to make it science like but it's still opinion. He puts a decent amount of work in to updating it but it's not just how he feels. Met him a few years ago at a Lady Rebel tournament and, at the time, he lived in Vegas which I thought was interesting.

It is strange that they have been as high as a 7 seed in various versions of brackets and now have dropped to the 8-9 slot. Oklahoma losing to Iowa State did not help.

I'm so glad these discussions about this team are even happening.

And truly, all the Lady Rebs can do is win 2 more and see where it shakes out.

I beg to differ. Creme has done the bracketology for years and goes by the criteria that the NCAA provides. I have heard that NCAA even trains people. There might be some room for opinion but that's what all the rankings and "computer" ratings are as well. Expressions of opinions whether that includes weighting by NET rating, RPI, common opponents, conference NET, whatever. They're trying to make it science like but it's still opinion. He puts a decent amount of work in to updating it but it's not just how he feels. Met him a few years ago at a Lady Rebel tournament and, at the time, he lived in Vegas which I thought was interesting.

It is strange that they have been as high as a 7 seed in various versions of brackets and now have dropped to the 8-9 slot. Oklahoma losing to Iowa State did not help.

I'm so glad these discussions about this team are even happening.

And truly, all the Lady Rebs can do is win 2 more and see where it shakes out.
Isn't that what I said.
Win two more games and wait and see where you are seeded, on Selection Sunday.

Indeed it is, I was agreeing with you.

With your knowledge and following of the game, I'm surprised you haven't done your own bracketology for the fun of it.

Reactions: WYNN or Dye
We are 1-1 in quad 1. Our conference is pathetic. Lindy MUST schedule OOC Q1 games and win at least half of them. She has to go the Tark route and play anyone - anywhere.

Reactions: 76RunninRebel
We are 1-1 in quad 1. Our conference is pathetic. Lindy MUST schedule OOC Q1 games and win at least half of them. She has to go the Tark route and play anyone - anywhere.
Yup.
The OOC last season is what hammered them. I was not too excited when that came out given the upper class of the team. I thought the team was a veteran squad and needed a tougher schedule.

I thought this year's team with Key as the only experience at the point was going to be challenged. Amarachi started a little rough but, much like Key as a freshman, really gained as the season went on. Seems like this school likes developing PGs.

The Seton Hall game is the bummer for this season. If that had been a close game it would be different. For the mid-major teams, we know there is not much wiggle room.

It is what it is, win out, go from there.

Uh, UCLA was worse against USC. Had the ball coming out of a timeout at the end of 4th with a few seconds left. Didn't get a shot off. Had the ball coming out of a timeout at the end of OT with <2 seconds left. Didn't get a shot off.

#14 Gonzaga losing to Portland could move UNLV up another spot in the rankings which could help with seeding. UNLV is pissed and on fire otherwise how can you explain wining by 59, 60, and 48 in their last three games? On a side note, it will be interest if UNLV is around #15-18 in the final regular season poll, and gets seeded around #8-9. I wonder how much things would change if #12/#14 ranked Oregon State ends up in the same conference with UNLV? That would be a big boost for women's basketball.

Last edited:
I think Gonzaga just lost hosting the first weekend with that loss. Some mid west or eastern school is cheering. Wow.

I think Gonzaga just lost hosting the first weekend with that loss. Some mid west or eastern school is cheering. Wow.
With Portland winning I can see Arizona getting pushed out as they were one of the last four in. It was a fun game to watch. I saw UNLV play Gonzaga in Spokane about 5-6 years ago, which we won, and I have to say that Gonzaga has invested in height since then.

With Portland winning I can see Arizona getting pushed out as they were one of the last four in. It was a fun game to watch. I saw UNLV play Gonzaga in Spokane about 5-6 years ago, which we won, and I have to say that Gonzaga has invested in height since then.
Arizona at 17-15, was the first 4 team's in, before Portland beating Gonzaga. What a joke.
How, can a 17-15 power 5 team, even be considered an NCAA Tournament team?
While, you have a Mid-major team at 25-5. Not, even make the NCAA Tournament.
I, really hate. "The have's and have not's".

Arizona at 17-15, was the first 4 team's in, before Portland beating Gonzaga. What a joke.
How, can a 17-15 power 5 team, even be considered an NCAA Tournament team?
While, you have a Mid-major team at 25-5. Not, even make the NCAA Tournament.
I, really hate. "The have's and have not's".
I hear ya. If you hate that wait until you see the Men's NIT selections this year. Twelve (P5 & Big East) teams (two from each conference) get automatic selection (regardless of record) and get to host their first game. The last four out of the NCAA Tourney picks also get automatic selection and get to host their game. That leaves just 16 At-Large selections. The haves are trying to control everything.

I hear ya. If you hate that wait until you see the Men's NIT selections this year. Twelve (P5 & Big East) teams (two from each conference) get automatic selection (regardless of record) and get to host their first game. The last four out of the NCAA Tourney picks also get automatic selection and get to host their game. That leaves just 16 At-Large selections. The haves are trying to control everything.
Unbelievable!

Lindy LaRocque is 8 - 0, lifetime against Stacie Terry-Hutson.
On, March 2, 2024. UNLV beat SDSU in Cox Pavilion, 100 to 41.
SDSU, doesn't know how to beat UNLV.
But, thanks.
I found myself cheering for SDSU in last night's game. I dislike boyzee as much as unr.

SDSU has managed to pound their way into the championship game. I have to tip my hat to them for the way they are fighting to the end. Quezada takes a beating and just keeps getting back up. Same with Prohaska and Villalobos. They are such a senior laden squad and they are showing it. They haven't shown it most of the season but better late than never.

They aren't going to bend over for us this next game. But, I do think they are going to have tired legs after three tough games in a row. In the end our ladies will be too much for them.

I found myself cheering for SDSU in last night's game. I dislike boyzee as much as unr.

SDSU has managed to pound their way into the championship game. I have to tip my hat to them for the way they are fighting to the end. Quezada takes a beating and just keeps getting back up. Same with Prohaska and Villalobos. They are such a senior laden squad and they are showing it. They haven't shown it most of the season but better late than never.

They aren't going to bend over for us this next game. But, I do think they are going to have tired legs after three tough games in a row. In the end our ladies will be too much for them.
UNLV, knowing this will be SDSU's 4th game in 4 days. Knows, they are tired.
So, UNLV will try to run in transition and jack up shots before 10 seconds of each shot clock.
The score of the championship game, will be wider than the 10 points we won against CSU.

Lindy LaRocque is 8 - 0, lifetime against Stacie Terry-Hutson.
On, March 2, 2024. UNLV beat SDSU in Cox Pavilion, 100 to 41.
SDSU, doesn't know how to beat UNLV.
But, thanks.
I would not take that as gospel. SDSU had nothing much to play for. They knew they'd have to make a run in the tournament. This is a dangerous team right now. Lady Rebs have to forget about recent history.

Don’t jinx it!!

I’m hoping to go to tonight’s game but alas..I have Bible study.

I really want a back to back to back title shirt that they are handing out.
I am not jinxing it, bro.
UNLV, is playing at the T & M. The Lady Rebels, are 17 - 0, the last 17 games at the Mack.
I will, give SDSU coach some credit. Last year and this year. She, is actually coaching.
The first, 9 years of her career. She, didn't know what she was doing.

Last edited:
Reactions: RebelScrub
Bible study over UNLV.

God may forgive you but, I never will!
I may have a date to sway me from Bible study to go to the game…

I prayed to Jesus about it. Ya know what..I’m going to support the lady Rebels.

Jesus, take a back seat!!

I am not jinxing it, bro.
UNLV, is playing at the T & M. The Lady Rebels, are 16-0, the last 16 games at the Mack.
I will, give SDSU coach some credit. Last year and this year. She, is actually coaching.
The first, 9 years of her career. She, didn't know what she was doing.
The last time I brought a date to a game..(UNLV football vs I forget) WE LOST big time.

Flop city tonight... calls are very inconsistent at the moment when there is contact. We need to get shots to drop

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT