ADVERTISEMENT

Lady Rebels Infinity basketball thread

The nice thing is with Stanford going to a shaky ACC, it is less likely that she will want to go their to be the basketball coach!
Good point. The season travel to the East Coast/multiple time zones away with little ones is a bit much as well.

The nice thing is with Stanford going to a shaky ACC, it is less likely that she will want to go their to be the basketball coach!
Is Stanford's coach retiring? I don't they will be firing her any time soon

Firing? Haha.
You, don't fire the winningest coach in men's and women's programs of all time.
She, can retire at Stanford, anytime she wants to.
Tara, is only 70 years old. Still, can coach for 5 to 10 years.

Reactions: dcut03
Firing? Haha.
You, don't fire the winningest coach in men's and women's programs of all time.
She, can retire at Stanford, anytime she wants to.
Tara, is only 70 years old. Still, can coach for 5 to 10 years.
That was my thought, so I'm not following the Lindy to Stanford talk.

Reactions: WYNN or Dye
Here are the 5 finalists for that award:

Finalists (Alphabetical order by school):
  • Carly Thibault-DuDonis, Fairfield
  • Vanessa Blair-Lewis, George Mason
  • Lisa Fortier, Gonzaga
  • Kevin Borseth, Green Bay
  • Lindy La Rocque, UNLV

Lisa Fortier from Gonzaga, is going to win this award.
Surprised, not to see Carla Berube from Princeton, not make the Top 5.

Reactions: Rebels_88
Nothing to do with the current coach, it has more to do with that being where she played basketball. She is becoming a superstar on a national level.
I'm sure Lindy potentially a hot commodity, but no one is going to Stanford until that lady retires. Especially right now.

Congrats, to these 3 amazing basketball players.

Lindy LaRocque, got robbed by not being named MW Coach of the Year.
These, MW head coaches are mighty jealous of Lindy's success.

Congrats, to these 3 amazing basketball players.

Lindy LaRocque, got robbed by not being named MW Coach of the Year.
These, MW head coaches are mighty jealous of Lindy's success.
Lindy was robbed. Bradbury doesn't even come close to Lindy's accomplishments this year. Who the hell voted for this. I'll bet he was the most surprised of any of them. For God's sake Lindy is getting National recognition.

Lindy was robbed. Bradbury doesn't even come close to Lindy's accomplishments this year. Who the hell voted for this. I'll bet he was the most surprised of any of them. For God's sake Lindy is getting National recognition.
It was, the head coaches of the MW that voted for coach of the year.
These coaches, can not stand it. That, they can't make the NCAA Tournament.
So, they vote for Air Force coach Albreight as coach of the year, 2 year's ago.
And, then vote for Mike Bradbury this year.

Lindy LaRocque, was a FINALIST and TOP 5.
For, NATIONAL Mid - major coach of the year!
Do, these MW coaches even see that award?
We, have garbage MW coaches, who want Lindy to fail.

It was, the head coaches of the MW that voted for coach of the year.
These coaches, can not stand it. That, they can't make the NCAA Tournament.
So, they vote for Air Force coach Albreight as coach of the year, 2 year's ago.
And, then vote for Mike Bradbury this year.

Lindy LaRocque, was a FINALIST and TOP 5.
For, NATIONAL Mid - major coach of the year!
Do, these MW coaches even see that award?
We, have garbage MW coaches, who want Lindy to fail.
There were games where Lindy held her team back from scoring 3 digits. Next year we need to just bury all of them every game. Those candy ass mf'ers can't coach worth a shyt. They just showed themselves how little and useless they all are. I gotta hit the treadmill for an hour to burn off some steam.

There were games where Lindy held her team back from scoring 3 digits. Next year we need to just bury all of them every game. Those candy ass mf'ers can't coach worth a shyt. They just showed themselves how little and useless they all are. I gotta hit the treadmill for an hour to burn off some steam.
Absolutely. As, the philosopher Alice Cooper once said, "No more, Mr. Nice Guy."

She, is probably a nice person, but THE worst head coach, in the MW.
SDSU and unr both need upgrades. Gloria Nevarez needs to tell all the MWC Presidents they need to start upgrading players and coaches in Women's Basketball because we are moving into an era soon where the sport is going to start bringing the money. With the huge ESPN/NCAA media contract recently signed the NCAA is going to start paying Tournament Units in a couple of years. Currently the MWC Women's Basketball sucks and things need to change.

SDSU and unr both need upgrades. Gloria Nevarez needs to tell all the MWC Presidents they need to start upgrading players and coaches in Women's Basketball because we are moving into an era soon where the sport is going to start bringing the money. With the huge ESPN/NCAA media contract recently signed the NCAA is going to start paying Tournament Units in a couple of years. Currently the MWC Women's Basketball sucks and things need to change.
Agreed, I would love the Women's side in our conference to be somewhat relevant, just like it is in the men's side.
I am starting, to think that the San Jose St coach April Phillips, needs to at least get to .500, next year.
I want her to succeed, but she needs to start winning.

Is, CSU head coach Ryun Williams, going to change his offense next year. Now, that McKenna Hofschild is no longer there?
He, needs to make the NCAA Tournament soon, or he will be in the hot seat too. IMO.

With women, will that translate to a 7 seed, plus or minus 1?
That, is not as a simple question to answer.
Let's look at last year's team. UNLV was also ranked #21 in the AP poll.
But, their NET ranking was only 51. Thus, getting an 11th seed.
This, year our net ranking is 28, much better than last year's NET ranking.

If, we win three games. UNLV's NET, probably will move up only 3 to 5 spots.
Depending, on what other team's ahead of us do.
A 7th seed, is what the committee should give us. Not, an 8th seed as you see on ESPN's Bracketology.

Agreed, I would love the Women's side in our conference to be somewhat relevant, just like it is in the men's side.
I am starting, to think that the San Jose St coach April Phillips, needs to at least get to .500, next year.
I want her to succeed, but she needs to start winning.

Is, CSU head coach Ryun Williams, going to change his offense next year. Now, that McKenna Hofschild is no longer there?
He, needs to make the NCAA Tournament soon, or he will be in the hot seat too. IMO.
April has brought in a couple of good players but, one good player a year is too slow of a rebuild. I would give her a couple of more years.

Ryun has put everything on Hofschild the last few years at the detriment of a "team" concept. He is a good coach in general but he is making a mistake riding one player. The guy won 4 MWC season championships in a row but it just seams he forgot this is a team sport. He is good for a few more years.

April has brought in a couple of good players but, one good player a year is too slow of a rebuild. I would give her a couple of more years.

Ryun has put everything on Hofschild the last few years at the detriment of a "team" concept. He is a good coach in general but he is making a mistake riding one player. The guy won 4 MWC season championships in a row but it just seams he forgot this is a team sport. He is good for a few more years.

That, tells you how weak the MWC is on the women's side, compared to the men.
Ryun is a good coach and has won 5 regular season championships.
But, has only 1 NCAA Tournament, to show for it.
Other, MW team's need to win these OOC games and bring the conference's NET rankings up.
So, we could have multiple teams, make the NCAA's. On, a continually basis.

Reactions: Meister_Rebel
Congrats, to Lindy LaRocque on her 100th Career win today.
In her 4 year's of coaching. She , is averaging 25 wins a season!

Reactions: RIZZ16
Hey all, long time AF fan who has posted here for years off and on. We got swacked by FSU yesterday, hard to know what would have happened to us today. Congrats on the record setting win and good luck.

Used to go to all the games with my Dad before he passed due to f'ing covid. So I'm forgoing the remaining women's games as I get ready to see which AF men's team shows up vs NM. I hope the T&M is kind to us.

Because of that I have 2xseats women Tuesday and 2x women's championship Wednesday nite center court bottom row/1st row (essentially Courtside behind media tables) 106DD if anyone looking to go with awesome view. PM me.

Admin, hope ya don't mind me posting, if not permitted I understand if you delete.

GO FALCONS- Rick

That, is not as a simple question to answer.
Let's look at last year's team. UNLV was also ranked #21 in the AP poll.
But, their NET ranking was only 51. Thus, getting an 11th seed.
This, year our net ranking is 28, much better than last year's NET ranking.

If, we win three games. UNLV's NET, probably will move up only 3 to 5 spots.
Depending, on what other team's ahead of us do.
A 7th seed, is what the committee should give us. Not, an 8th seed as you see on ESPN's Bracketology.
I would hop we would have an outside chance at a 6 seed? I guess it depends on NET and the NCAA bias against the MW this year.

21 would equate to a 6, 28 would equate to a 7. If both can move up with a MW tourney win, you would think that a 6 would be in play?

Hey all, long time AF fan who has posted here for years off and on. We got swacked by FSU yesterday, hard to know what would have happened to us today. Congrats on the record setting win and good luck.

Used to go to all the games with my Dad before he passed due to f'ing covid. So I'm forgoing the remaining women's games as I get ready to see which AF men's team shows up vs NM. I hope the T&M is kind to us.

Because of that I have 2xseats women Tuesday and 2x women's championship Wednesday nite center court bottom row/1st row (essentially Courtside behind media tables) 106DD if anyone looking to go with awesome view. PM me.

Admin, hope ya don't mind me posting, if not permitted I understand if you delete.

GO FALCONS- Rick
How much?

Pretty sure it was 27 yesterday.
Our, NET ranking is 28 right now.
Since, we won today. It might go up to 27 tomorrow.
I, hope you are right and that we can get a 6th seed.
That, would be the best case scenario.
Looks, like Gonzaga women's team will be a 4th seed and host 2 home games.
They, are really good this year.

Reactions: SilverSpoon

GO FALCONS- Rick
Always welcome to post here.

GO FALCONS- Rick
You have been classy since day 1. Feel free to post here any time!

Reactions: ltcpilot
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT