ADVERTISEMENT

Lady Rebels Infinity basketball thread

RebelScrub

Making UNLV relevent again for locals
May 29, 2001
They play tonight!!!

They play tonight. Should be lots of fun because we got the pieces in place!!

This team is amazing!!!

Kruger, please take notes.

Anyone see me? Gold crown and Broseph and the technicolor jacket!!!

Reactions: WYNN or Dye
Amarite Kimpson is a solid pickup.

The whole team is freakin’ good.

Final score.
UNLV 100
St George 67.

This, team is deep and loaded.
Ashley Scoggin, is doing great. If she is healthy, this UNLV team can go to another level.

Reactions: RebelScrub
The last four minutes of the game we had Brackens, Kimpson, and Spencer on the court. All freshman. When I first saw video and pictures of Spencer I thought she needed to gain some weight before she would see playing time. She is bigger than I thought and has ball handles, speed, and smarts. She is going to be really good in the future. Brackens is solid, she can rebound and score and will be a solid forward star. Kimpson is just all around a solid player. She will be a star PG in the near future. I love this freshman class.

• Love
Not a complete, well-played game for them but it is improving each game. Fun team to watch.

Not bad, for game 3 of the season.
Scoring 100 points and shooting 16 for 33. From the 3 point line 48.5 %.
Is a great percentage.
Trying, to figure out the roles of these players, is going to be a luxury for Lindy.
I'm liking, what I'm seeing from this team so far.

Men’s basketball, take notes. 100 points and just crushing enemies.

I’m glad to see #31 get playing time. All of them. She is a live big body!!

The one thing that needed fixing was the audio from the sound booth. We've never had that problem so I'm not sure what was going on with that.

There was a technical foul, on the UNLV bench.
I was wondering about that one early point. I was watching the Volleyball game and switched over for the start and the first thing I saw was that one point on the board.

The Volleyball team won another match beating SJSU 3-0. Still alive for the MWC tournament. We need to win the next one.

The coach finally took the starting setter out of the first set after we were down by 6 points. They put Mickelson in and we took the lead shortly after. "Bibbs" never left the match after that. Her setting was the difference last night. Her serves still suck. I believe she served 4 times and three of those were service errors. Uggh!! As i've said many times before she is a better setter for this group.

I was wondering about that one early point. I was watching the Volleyball game and switched over for the start and the first thing I saw was that one point on the board.

The Volleyball team won another match beating SJSU 3-0. Still alive for the MWC tournament. We need to win the next one.

The coach finally took the starting setter out of the first set after we were down by 6 points. They put Mickelson in and we took the lead shortly after. "Bibbs" never left the match after that. Her setting was the difference last night. Her serves still suck. I believe she served 4 times and three of those were service errors. Uggh!! As i've said many times before she is a better setter for this group.
I was at the Utah Tech/UNLV game.
Will, watch the replay of the volleyball game later today.

Reactions: Meister_Rebel
There was a technical foul, on the UNLV bench.
I asked the refs just before 3rd quarter and they said that lights were not working properly. I took that to mean the lights that come on when the shot clock expires. Equipment not in working order prior to the game (shot clock, scoreboard, game clock) is a technical foul on the home team.

bah..I’ll be going to the women’s basketball game.

New Hampshire. Couldn’t pick it out on the map these days.

UNLV, is playing beautiful basketball.
With, the 93-30 blowout win!
This team, is Lindy's best!
Even, better than the team that went 31-3, last year!
A little early for that. Great job bringing the frosh PG (Amarachi Kimpson) along.

Let's see how the team's doing around Christmas. The first 4 games have not posed much of a challenge but this team is chewing up the competition as good teams should when facing lesser teams.

I think they have a good shot against Arizona but the game in Norman will be a heat check for sure.

Lost #2 (Junior Kenadee Winfrey) to an ACL tear in practice yesterday. Versatile, heady player is a big loss.

• Sad
That's sad to hear about Winfrey's injury.
Do you know, if she will be out for the year?
Or, will she come back this year.

Yes, I feel very confident in playing Arizona at the T & M, this year.
Everybody, needs to go and watch them play live. Especially, this game.

Out, of all the freshmen. I am very pleased, with Macy Spencer.
Her, long distance shot is very pretty and accurate.
She, needs more playing time.

• Love
Fastest ACL recovery I've witnessed with Lady Rebels was 8 months with Shamela Hampton, last game of regular season and played in the next season. It's usually 10-12 months.

I think Amarachi has come a long way in 4 games. Spencer had some nice shots today for sure. With Winfrey out there are a few minutes more available. Looking forward to Lott's thumb to heal. This squad could be a lot of fun.

Reactions: WYNN or Dye
Fastest ACL recovery I've witnessed with Lady Rebels was 8 months with Shamela Hampton, last game of regular season and played in the next season. It's usually 10-12 months.

I think Amarachi has come a long way in 4 games. Spencer had some nice shots today for sure. With Winfrey out there are a few minutes more available. Looking forward to Lott's thumb to heal. This squad could be a lot of fun.
Agree, with you on the development of Kimpson "Smooth".
She was voted, freshman of the year this year and scored over 2,000 points in her HS career.
I love her defense. She steals, a lot of balls from her opponent. Which, is nice to see.

We, sure do get a lot of injuries in practice, but not in actual games.
It, sounds like practice is harder than the actual games are.

A little early for that. Great job bringing the frosh PG (Amarachi Kimpson) along.

Let's see how the team's doing around Christmas. The first 4 games have not posed much of a challenge but this team is chewing up the competition as good teams should when facing lesser teams.

I think they have a good shot against Arizona but the game in Norman will be a heat check for sure.

Lost #2 (Junior Kenadee Winfrey) to an ACL tear in practice yesterday. Versatile, heady player is a big loss.
That sucks about Winfrey. I like when she is on the court. A tough heady player.

That's sad to hear about Winfrey's injury.
Do you know, if she will be out for the year?
Or, will she come back this year.

Yes, I feel very confident in playing Arizona at the T & M, this year.
Everybody, needs to go and watch them play live. Especially, this game.

Out, of all the freshmen. I am very pleased, with Macy Spencer.
Her, long distance shot is very pretty and accurate.
She, needs more playing time.
Macy Spencer may have been the most unheralded freshman recruited. I watched video of her after she committed and she reminded me then a lot of Kiara Jackson. We got lucky getting her because she had committed to another school. But when the coach left the other program she opened her recruitment and Lindy was all over it. Lindy seems to have some great contacts in Texas.

Macy Spencer may have been the most unheralded freshman recruited. I watched video of her after she committed and she reminded me then a lot of Kiara Jackson. We got lucky getting her because she had committed to another school. But when the coach left the other program she opened her recruitment and Lindy was all over it. Lindy seems to have some great contacts in Texas.
Texas, has been very good to Lindy for her recruiting.
Hopefully, we can land a 6'3" or taller post player from the state of Texas, that is rated high.

Also, if she could land the best players from the Vegas area. That, would be something.
For some reason, all the best local HS players, want to play for other P5 schools and not UNLV.
Don't know why they wouldn't want to play for a perennial NCAA tournament school.

I got my eyes on Arizona at the Mack December 2nd

Revenge time
Arizona Mildcats lost their first game today to #23 Ole Miss.
Was, hoping to have them undefeated and ranked when we hosted them.
Oh, well. Let's give them their second loss.

UNLV, might be ranked by Dec. 2

In other women’s basketball news.

LSU and Angel Reese. What a god damn mess!!!

Todays game vs:

University of California Santa Barbara Logo

Nov 24 (Fri) 4:00 p.m. PT

UC Santa Barbara
San Diego, CA
TV: ESPN+

UNLV plays @ San Diego tomorrow, who are 3-2 overall.
Their 2 losses were to @ Arizona and to Princeton.
Those 2 teams, are definitely better than anybody, UNLV has beaten.
Lady Rebels, will win tomorrow though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT