ADVERTISEMENT

Lady Rebels Infinity basketball thread

We, were in. Our, NET would have been in the high 20's.
Our current Net ranking is #26. Higher than a lot of the tournament teams seeded higher than the Lady Rebs to include Oklahoma. I thought for sure we would get the #8 vs #9 game and matched up against Princeton.

Our current Net ranking is #26. Higher than a lot of the tournament teams seeded higher than the Lady Rebs to include Oklahoma. I thought for sure we would get the #8 vs #9 game and matched up against Princeton.
Me too. Very disappointed in our seed.
Let's prepare for Creighton.
They, can shoot the 3. They make 9, three pointers a game.
That, is a lot. We, need to defend the 3.
The loss of Jasmyn Lott, one of our best defenders on the perimeter. Hurts us.
I love, Alyssa Durazo Frescas, but as a defender and only being 5'7".
The Creighton guards, will try to shoot over her.

Me too. Very disappointed in our seed.
Let's prepare for Creighton.
They, can shoot the 3. They make 9, three pointers a game.
That, is a lot. We, need to defend the 3.
The loss of Jasmyn Lott, one of our best defenders on the perimeter. Hurts us.
I love, Alyssa Durazo Frescas, but as a defender and only being 5'7".
The Creighton guards, will try to shoot over her.
This is where we miss Kennedy. Her height and defense would have helped here against their 3pt shooters.

Common opponents: We both beat Wyoming. They beat Seton Hall twice and we lost to Seton Hall.

I think we can beat Creighton. I'll take the Rebels in this one if we hit our three's and play solid defense.

This is where we miss Kennedy. Her height and defense would have helped here against their 3pt shooters.

Common opponents: We both beat Wyoming. They beat Seton Hall twice and we lost to Seton Hall.

I think we can beat Creighton. I'll take the Rebels in this one if we hit our three's and play solid defense.
Yes, if we had Kennedy at 5'11". She could defend the 3, but Lott is a lot quicker than Kennedy.
Plus, we lost Kennedy, very early in the season. The coaching staff, had plenty of time to adjust.

Yes, if we had Kennedy at 5'11". She could defend the 3, but Lott is a lot quicker than Kennedy.
Plus, we lost Kennedy, very early in the season. The coaching staff, had plenty of time to adjust.
I wasn't comparing the two in that post. Just making a statement. I've said before I wish we had Lott. In fact I wish we had both as I said before.

We really got to get out of this conference, the selection committees are doing everything they can to stack the deck for the big conferences. 10 seed as a ranked team? We got hosed.

• Love
Reactions: RebelScrub
Macy James seems to be the defensive replacement for Jazz. She rested her ankle the last few games of the regular season to be ready for conference. Not as long as Jazz and not as creative a scorer but a nice player to slide into that role.

I like the chances to make the Sweet 16. Won't be easy.

I wonder if the 10 seed was done more to keep the ladies out west instead of giving them a higher seed and shipping them out.

Macy James seems to be the defensive replacement for Jazz. She rested her ankle the last few games of the regular season to be ready for conference. Not as long as Jazz and not as creative a scorer but a nice player to slide into that role.

I like the chances to make the Sweet 16. Won't be easy.

I wonder if the 10 seed was done more to keep the ladies out west instead of giving them a higher seed and shipping them out.
Would, you rather have the higher seed? and get shipped out to the Midwest/East?
Or, get a lower seed, but stay closer to Las Vegas. Good question.
5'11" Macie James is actually taller than 5'8" Jasmyn Lott.
James, needs to play her heart out and guard these 3 pointers from Creighton.

If, UNLV defeats Creighton. UNLV, will probably be 22 point underdogs to UCLA.
Just my, guess.

Would, you rather have the higher seed? and get shipped out to the Midwest/East?
Or, get a lower seed, but stay closer to Las Vegas. Good question.
5'11" Macie James is actually taller than 5'8" Jasmyn Lott.
James, needs to play her heart out and guard these 3 pointers from Creighton.

If, UNLV defeats Creighton. UNLV, will probably be 22 point underdogs to UCLA.
Just my, guess.
Glad we're not a higher seed playing USC or Stanford in 2nd round. 10 seems a bit of a slap but if the matchups are ones where Lady Rebs can compete and have a chance, I like it.

I thought a 5 or 6 wasn't out of the question especially with OU getting what, a 5? If OU had been a 6 a 7 wouldn't have been awful.

Regardless, the road is in front of our team. Time to travel it.

The Lady Rebels, play on Sat.
Time : 4 PM Pacific Time
Channel : ESPNNEWS

Last edited:
UNLV AP #20 Creighton AP #24

We went up one spot from a week ago. Hardly seems to matter at this point. Selection committee doesn't see a value there with the seeding. We just need to win and show who we are. Play relaxed. Against Michigan last year we seemed to be a bit uptight.

Reactions: WYNN or Dye
UNLV AP #20 Creighton AP #24

We went up one spot from a week ago. Hardly seems to matter at this point. Selection committee doesn't see a value there with the seeding. We just need to win and show who we are. Play relaxed. Against Michigan last year we seemed to be a bit uptight.
Yes, and Desi seems so confident, "It's in the bag" she says, against Creighton.
WE, need to win this game. It, will show the nation, we are a major program in the country.
And, it will be our first NCAA Tournament win in 33 years! We, are long overdue.

Reactions: Meister_Rebel
This will be a tough for sure. I think it is a winnable match though, (hopefully).

These are the games we have to win to get the respect. I'd rather be a 10 than a 8/9 just for that second game becomes significantly more winnable (though still unlikely). Obviously I would like to be at a 7 or 6, but that igoes without saying.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Lady Rebels gotta turn it on defensively, Creighton is 7-11 from 3. Very few teams are going to win giving up a clip like that.

I, don't know why Lindy, says "we are not going to crowd the 3 pointer"?
10 for 19, on 3 pointers for Creighton at the half!
Well, you BETTER. Guard, the 3 pointer now!

We, had it down to 4 points, late in the 2nd quarter.
That, 8 point run by Creighton, killed all the momentum.

Don’t panic..we coming back once I tune in.

Joe text me your cox cable wifi p dub.

I’m at the hospital but it has cox cable link

Creighton's guards are a lot taller than our guards.
We have 5'7", 5'7", 5'7".
They have guards that are 5'11, 6'1", 6'0".
They, just shoot over our short guards. We can't block or distrupt their shots.

Size sure, but they've made 10 more 3s than we have... that's alot to overcome for any team in Men's or Women's

The only way they will get a better seed after this year is to start scheduling out of conference top level programs. Also would be nice if could merge with the Pac2 to get another good team in conference.

I hope this isn't the women's side of Boise State in the NCAA!

Lindy La Rocque is sticking around for a reason. This program hasn't reached its potential yet and her stock isn't exactly super high after losing in the 1st round again

Creighton's guards are a lot taller than our guards.
We have 5'7", 5'7", 5'7".
They have guards that are 5'11, 6'1", 6'0".
They, just shoot over our short guards. We can't block or distrupt their shots.
Yeah, I heard someone on this forum say that most of the season. Wonder who that was.

Still, we need to get out on their shooters. When their that hot you got to get a hand in their face at least once in a while.

Great season though. Looking forward to the next....as always.

Yeah, I heard someone on this forum say that most of the season. Wonder who that was.

Still, we need to get out on their shooters. When their that hot you got to get a hand in their face at least once in a while.

Great season though. Looking forward to the next....as always.
Me and you, both said this.

Reactions: Meister_Rebel
UNLV Lady Rebels, NIL Program/Package.
Has, to increase.
If, we want a First Round win.
I guess, but how does that keep us from going 30-2 and still getting a 10 seed...
If the NIL then brings some charismatic athlete that can cause schedule to go out and play the top programs and we win then sure, but the conference being terrible drags this team so much from competition to seeding.

I want to congratulate, Desi-Rae Young as a Great Lady Rebel and her last game of her career.
In, her 4 years at UNLV. She, has scored 2,017 career points and 1,081 total rebounds.
Those, are absolute mind boggling stats.
She, stuck it out with Lindy. As, both of them were here for 4 years together.
Your, jersey #23. Will, be hanging from the rafters at Cox Pavilion.
You, will ALWAYS be a REBEL!

Much respect and make a lot of money. Being a Pro Basketball Player.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT