ADVERTISEMENT

Lady Rebels basketball..time to support a real team.

If AD Harper doesn't make Lindy the highest paid coach in the MWC.
He should fired, but he knows how important Lindy is to UNLV.
He sits, right next to UNLV's home games and some away games too.

CBS is currently predicting UNLV womens team as a 12 seed. Going to make it a real difficult trip for the lady Rebels if this happens

CBS is currently predicting UNLV womens team as a 12 seed. Going to make it a real difficult trip for the lady Rebels if this happens
On ESPN, Charlie Creme has UNLV also a 12th seed too.
If UNLV loses tomorrow. Their record will be 30-3.
Does the Lady Rebels, make the NCAA tournament?
And, does then the NCAA committee take 2 from the MWC?

The MWC, has not had 2 women's teams in the NCAA tournament since 2010.
I say, yes. How, can you not take a team with 30 wins.

Reactions: rebelzzz
A 12 seed as the #21 ranked team in the country? Should be no lower than a 6.

Maybe a 5 if teams ahead of us lose in their conference tournaments and we handle business tomorrow.

Net Rankings is like 51 so that is what is driving the seeding more than the AP poll.
I've seen interviews with Lindy where she says she wants to make the OOC much more challenging. If you are currently a 1-bid conference there is absolutely no downside to playing the most difficult OOC you can build.

In my earlier post, UNLV plays Arizona and @ Oklahoma next year.
This, should boost the non-conference strength of schedule by a lot.

I was hoping, in the future we could play Stanford again.
La Rocque's alma mater.

Last edited:
Should be a good game.
Wyoming, loves to slow the basketball.
Hope, UNLV can speed up the pace of the game.
And, don't let 6' 4" Fertig dominate the paint.

This is a revenge game for Desi.
She lost to Wyoming in the 2021 first round game,

Don't know about revenge, if anything every team has that since the conference sweep. AB going to need some help in the middle.

Thought refs were insanely inconsistent letting SDSU hand check all game (two touches is supposed to be a foul) and screens that were not even close to being set but let them go.

Even then with the shooting struggles, do a better job with foul shooting and it's a yawner of an ending.

I don't think I have ever seen even close to this much interest in the lady Rebels. I am hoping they have a great turn out tomorrow.
I tend to think this shows a little bit of the interest the men's team will get if they can figure out how to win. I think we could see 15k plus fans show up if they can put something together.
If they win fans will return!

Lady Rebs NEED a turnout. Most of you know Wyo travels well, they had about 3K there tonight.

Reactions: rebelzzz
Lady Rebs NEED a turnout. Most of you know Wyo travels well, they had about 3K there tonight.
If game was on the weekend I would be there, unfortunately during the week I can't get work off in time to travel to Vegas for this game. I would guess since they sold out the cox for the last couple season games they will get at least that many fans and hopefully more. I really hope fans show up to support a great Rebel team

If game was on the weekend I would be there, unfortunately during the week I can't get work off in time to travel to Vegas for this game. I would guess since they sold out the cox for the last couple season games they will get at least that many fans and hopefully more. I really hope fans show up to support a great Rebel team
Yeah, there is plenty of that (work conflicts) with this tourney. Noon game, 5 p.m. game. Hopefully the 7 p.m. start time will be a good time to get a good crowd and offset the Wyo crowd that traveled for their squad so that no start time mattered. That is probably the down side to hosting the tourney for the "home" team. This is a an unprecedented Lady Rebel team. The players truly do appreciate the support as do their parents and even us long time fans, there is plenty of room on the bandwagon and all are welcome.

Go Lady Rebels!

Reactions: LocoRebel
I’m here at the watch party!! This place is awesome!! I never been in the wing were all the big boosters who have donated about 10 grand a year get to eat before games.

Rebelbiscuit, Gripple, and auntie tut were there.

Guys, UNLV official watch party is at parkway tavern on Decatur/flamingo!!

See y’all there. Don’t forget it’s St. Paddy’s day..

12 noon..

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT