ADVERTISEMENT

Lady Rebels basketball..time to support a real team.

I was 4 years in to the start of my career. I was also missing the bus on a great era of women's basketball.

Not this time.

• Love
Reactions: RebelScrub
Last time they were ranked was '94. What were you doing then? Article said Lindy was 4.

Finishing my last semester at UNLV, it was the only semester at UNLV that I took a Friday class, needed it to graduate and it was only offered MWF at 830am. Let’s say I felt that showing up MW and every now and then on F would be sufficient, fortunately it was.

I wonder who is going to approach HC Lindy La Rocque ?? She will for sure have some suitors this offseason. Did way too much way to quick not to be poached. Plus she has a real good recruiting class coming in next year. 3 McDonalds All American nominees https://unlvrebels.com/news/2023/1/...2023-trio-receives-mcdonalds-nominations.aspx
Her contract goes to 2027. Not sure of her buyout but it most likely pays us her salary to the end of her contract period.

Don't want her to go, but if she does the program that gets her will pay us to hire a coach for the next 4 years.

Be nice to raise her pay and lock her up for at least 2 more contract years after this year.

Reactions: Rebels_88
Last time they were ranked was '94. What were you doing then? Article said Lindy was 4.
1994 was the year I graduated High School from CMHS.

No such thing as the internet. Life was simple and awesome

This crowd is an abomination.

And just like that hands of stone misses open alley oop.

guys let’s do a meetup before the game. It’s hard to miss me.

Their winning and it’s fun. 2 dollar beer night too!

Not sure I agree with the "no respect." They might actually have a little too much.

Mississippi State (#39 NET) which almost beat undefeated #1 South Carolina and lost in overtime to them got zero votes.

Oklahoma State (#45 NET) which beat this team handily is not rated while still being very good. I'd love to see that rematch due to a lot of factors that happened just before that game but that's another story. The loss to (now) 12-16 Pacific (#164 NET) is an anchor.

Lady Rebs are #52.

20 Iowa St. (13 NET)
21 Colorado (20 NET)
22 UNC (25 NET)
23 Fla. St. (19 NET)
24 UNLV (52 NET)
25 Illinois (35 NET)
25 Mid. Tenn. (32 NET)

26 S. Fla. (31 NET)
27 Ok. St. (44 NET)

NET isn't the be all to end all but it is key for what the NCAA uses for the big dance. The ranking is nice to have but there is work to do. Keep winning and it's not even a story.

Last edited:
Wow, Lindy LaRoque is on fire. They were up by like 50 points against poor UtAh St before laying off the pedal.

Got my “back to back” regular season shirt. Definitely has been quite memorable.

Hopefully next year we will be 3 in a row!!

Magical year, very fun environment. Winning cures all.

Epic f’n beat down.

Coaching is awesome. If you can coach, you can coach. Pssssssst, LaRoque for men’s coach.

Wow, Lindy LaRoque is on fire. They were up by like 50 points against poor UtAh St before laying off the pedal.

Got my “back to back” regular season shirt. Definitely has been quite memorable.

Hopefully next year we will be 3 in a row!!

Magical year, very fun environment. Winning cures all.

Epic f’n beat down.

Coaching is awesome. If you can coach, you can coach. Pssssssst, LaRoque for men’s coach.
You don’t remember seeing her shooting the basketball on the side at any of those pickup games we used to go to at Durango? She was always on the side court shooting … this was especially during Spoon’s time. The players loved her. She was 4 foot nothing and non stop shooting. Probably about 10 years old back then. Her dad was the head coach at Durango, great dude.

You don’t remember seeing her shooting the basketball on the side at any of those pickup games we used to go to at Durango? She was always on the side court shooting … this was especially during Spoon’s time. The players loved her. She was 4 foot nothing and non stop shooting. Probably about 10 years old back then. Her dad was the head coach at Durango, great dude.
I never went to Durango high pickups..

Picked up a Canadian woman afterwards at karaoke.

I’m 10 days older than her. And she is gonna teach me to be a man.

Doesn’t do drugs but she is an Alchie…

She is way taller than me.

She’s a former athlete. She’s a little on the thin side. It’s like having sex with Karen Carpenter.

I never went to Durango high pickups..

Picked up a Canadian woman afterwards at karaoke.

I’m 10 days older than her. And she is gonna teach me to be a man.

Doesn’t do drugs but she is an Alchie…

She is way taller than me.

She’s a former athlete. She’s a little on the thin side. It’s like having sex with Karen Carpenter.
Beggars can't be choosers.

Where do you find out about next year's recruiting for the Lady Rebs?

Amarachi Kimpson
PG
5-8
Little Elm, TX
Meadow Rowland
F
6-2

Fresno, CA
McKinna Brackens
F
6-1
Fairfield, TX

Reactions: WYNN or Dye
For futures, all unofficial stuff but things I've seen:

Kennedy Evans
SG
5-10
Little Elm, TX
Little Elm HS
2024 Offer
Ashna Tambe
PG
5-6
Frisco, TX
Hockaday HS
2024 Offer
Elli Guiney
G
5-11
Goodyear, AZ
Millennium HS
2024 Offer
Jordan Thomas
F
6-3
Carrollton, TX
Hebron HS
2024 Offer
Alexis Swillis
F
6-2
Fresno, CA
June '21 visit - '25 class
Grace Knox
F
LV
Centennial
2025 Offer

Lindy is trying hard to recruit and land 6' 2" Power Foward Grace Knox from Centennial HS.
She is class 2025. ESPN #11 Recruit.
She can dunk the ball! And, is another Desi - Rae Young clone.
Also, from Las Vegas. Which, is important.

For futures, all unofficial stuff but things I've seen:

Kennedy Evans
SG
5-10
Little Elm, TX
Little Elm HS
2024 Offer
Ashna Tambe
PG
5-6
Frisco, TX
Hockaday HS
2024 Offer
Elli Guiney
G
5-11
Goodyear, AZ
Millennium HS
2024 Offer
Jordan Thomas
F
6-3
Carrollton, TX
Hebron HS
2024 Offer
Alexis Swillis
F
6-2
Fresno, CA
June '21 visit - '25 class
Grace Knox
F
LV
Centennial
2025 Offer
5'10" SG Kennedy Evans, committed to Oklahoma St.

Lindy is awesome. She had a set play where there was a double cut to the basket and it fooled the defender. Easy 2 points.

UNLV, needs to give Lindy all the money she wants.
Some, Power 5 schools will be calling UNLV to be their next Head Coach.
La Rocque, also wants to move all the home games to the T & M, next year.

UNLV, needs to give Lindy all the money she wants.
Some, Power 5 schools will be calling UNLV to be their next Head Coach.
La Rocque, also wants to move all the home games to the T & M, next year.
If she keeps winning like she did this year give her the keys to the T & M.
Also I sure hope Harper extends and raises her contract. At least UNLV is doing something in at least one sport.

If she keeps winning like she did this year give her the keys to the T & M.
Also I sure hope Harper extends and raises her contract. At least UNLV is doing something in at least one sport.
Agreed. Would, hate to see her go.
Give her, "The keys, to the Kingdom.
As they say.

Went to Reno and put on the afterburners towards the end of the game. Reno had no answer. Wow..

Reactions: JTthe2nd
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT