ADVERTISEMENT

Joshua Jefferson

The average height of an NBA point guard is 6'2" Dedan is 6'1" - Not sure where being 1 inch shorter than the average makes you a midget?
Have you seen Scrub slam dunk? An inch is very important. Especially when you'd need 50 more inches just to touch the net. An inch may also be the reason he's still single.

I hope he posts that video again below.
🙌🤞🙌

Did you ever see Chris Paul play at Wake and then NBA? He always looked small out there but found a way to impact. I see some of that in DJ.

Have you seen Scrub slam dunk? An inch is very important. Especially when you'd need 50 more inches just to touch the net. An inch may also be the reason he's still single.

I hope he posts that video again below.
🙌🤞🙌

This is me at a wrestlemania watch party.

Which inch are you talking about?

Reactions: SilverSpoon
There are plenty of guards who are great players at 6'1"--Donovan Mitchell, Chris Paul, Terry Rozier III, Trae Young, Darius Garland jump right to mind. Hell, if you start the measuring at 6'2" you get Steph, Dame, Brunson, Kyrie, Ja, and Maxey.

It's like a game of tell me you don't watch the nba without telling me you don't watch the nba.

I do think Dedan is a bit limited in terms of NBA potential.
He is still young, but other than being on the short side (though not necessarily a deal breaker as mentioned above), he isn't terribly explosive and he doesn't quite have a good enough shot, yet.
His build is also pretty sleight, most of the shorter guards mentioned above have more weight and strength. That can get better too, but his build makes me think he can get only so much more stout.
He is very good at changing pace and can get his shot off in college, but without the explosiveness I wonder what he can do at the next level. His overall skill level is very high for his age in terms of his feel for the game, ability to pass, and some of the other things mentioned above. But that also means he may be closer to his ceiling than the average 18 year old, unless he can improve his shot.
Not saying he can't and won't make it in the NBA, just that there are enough question marks for teams to be skeptical in the near future.

I do think Dedan is a bit limited in terms of NBA potential.
He is still young, but other than being on the short side (though not necessarily a deal breaker as mentioned above), he isn't terribly explosive and he doesn't quite have a good enough shot, yet.
His build is also pretty sleight, most of the shorter guards mentioned above have more weight and strength. That can get better too, but his build makes me think he can get only so much more stout.
He is very good at changing pace and can get his shot off in college, but without the explosiveness I wonder what he can do at the next level. His overall skill level is very high for his age in terms of his feel for the game, ability to pass, and some of the other things mentioned above. But that also means he may be closer to his ceiling than the average 18 year old, unless he can improve his shot.
Not saying he can't and won't make it in the NBA, just that there are enough question marks for teams to be skeptical in the near future.
I agree question marks as of today. That said I think his shot will come along. If Hamilton can improve his the way he did Dedan definitely can and will. I do agree he isn't as explosive as some of these guys. I think what might hurt him is there now seems to be a built in prejudice against junior and seniors drafted in the NBA. I think he is a 3rd or 4th year draftee.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Quiet, grown folks are talking!

There are at least 12 guards in the NBA who are 6’1 or shorter!
Yes & Every single one of those 12 guards are light years better than Dedan too -

While Dedan is a great freshman - lets not get ahead of ourselves. Lets NOt confuse Levels here - When you start talking about him in the context of "NBA guard" scrub is right - he is too little - He MIGHT make the NBA eventually but he would NOT make the league if he came out today.

He is small yes but he is also frail to a certain degree of just being young - he needs to get a lot stronger enable to guard 6-4 - 6-7 PGs

There are 20 (before) guys under 6-2 that would make the league before Dedan

Yes & Every single one of those 12 guards are light years better than Dedan too -

While Dedan is a great freshman - lets not get ahead of ourselves. Lets NOt confuse Levels here - When you start talking about him in the context of "NBA guard" scrub is right - he is too little - He MIGHT make the NBA eventually but he would NOT make the league if he came out today.

He is small yes but he is also frail to a certain degree of just being young - he needs to get a lot stronger enable to guard 6-4 - 6-7 PGs

Let’s not forget he is also just 18. I grew 4 inches from age 18 to 19.

So you say but I say different!

He of course needs time to bulk up currently being 6'1" - 170 based on the current stats that are provided, but he doesn't need to put on a lot of weight over the next 2-3 years considering there are a bunch of NBA point guards in the 180-200 lbs range. I also believe it is likely that he will gain some height considering he was really a high school senior this last season and moved from a 2024 graduate to a 2023 graduate. While there may be a bunch of players that are currently better than Dedan, how many of them are 18 years old after an entire season of college basketball?

He of course needs time to bulk up currently being 6'1" - 170 based on the current stats that are provided, but he doesn't need to put on a lot of weight over the next 2-3 years considering there are a bunch of NBA point guards in the 180-200 lbs range. I also believe it is likely that he will gain some height considering he was really a high school senior this last season and moved from a 2024 graduate to a 2023 graduate. While there may be a bunch of players that are currently better than Dedan, how many of them are 18 years old after an entire season of college basketball?
To support your argument, here is an article from 247 Sports

Where's that new poster on here that said we have the potential to be a top-25 program next season? Once he joins in with the "this player needs to put on weight" crowd then I know he's a true Rebel-netter!
We are on the brink of breaking through. The future is bright. We have nothing but studs lined up. Look at the videos if you don’t believe me. I hope we kick off the season vs UCONN, they’d be in for a rude awakening. Forget the MWC, that’s small time, we are going to be heard loud and clear from ocean to ocean.

How’d I do?

We are on the brink of breaking through. The future is bright. We have nothing but studs lined up. Look at the videos if you don’t believe me. I hope we kick off the season vs UCONN, they’d be in for a rude awakening. Forget the MWC, that’s small time, we are going to be heard loud and clear from ocean to ocean.

How’d I do?
You forgot the "We're one shooting guard away from a bonefide Final 4 team and if we don't make it, Kruger should be fired"

• Sad
Reactions: SilverSpoon
There must be a plan in place. I mean makes no sense. DJ Thomas could go almost anywhere and demand $$. Are we matching it or coming close to it?? Is it because the 2 year contract is real?? We were nowhere near being able to make a run in the tournament. We lost 3-4 starters. Next year looks bleak. IMO!. We have alot of new faces and young players. CKK has too much to overcome. if the long team results is to get to the DANCE and get bounced in the first round HOPEFULLY? Then yea we are headed in the right direction. CKK is a decent to good coach 4 the MWC. i dont think he is diverse enough as a HC to separate himself from the other decent coaches out there. CKK can he build a more talented and balanced team? I want a HC that the better players want to play 4. Hicks, Whaley , Evans Cherry, and Pape better not play like typical 1st and 2nd year players or it may be the end of CKK. Maybe he can pull off a few impact transfers in the portal. CKK is just too vanilla! IMO!

Calm down, take a breath, and let the portal go to work... we just watched a team that had 0 starters win the league....
Kruger has shown he can land decent players in the portal. That's not been the real problem. It's balancing the positional talent that is brought in... remember we had 2 good scoring guards but no size last year, then this year we had size but not scoring guards.. we will have size so the obvious recruiting target will be shooting guards and a stretch big...

Calm down, take a breath, and let the portal go to work... we just watched a team that had 0 starters win the league....
Kruger has shown he can land decent players in the portal. That's not been the real problem. It's balancing the positional talent that is brought in... remember we had 2 good scoring guards but no size last year, then this year we had size but not scoring guards.. we will have size so the obvious recruiting target will be shooting guards and a stretch big...
If I am not mistaken, the Alabama team starters...all five of them are via transfer.

Where's that new poster on here that said we have the potential to be a top-25 program next season? Once he joins in with the "this player needs to put on weight" crowd then I know he's a true Rebel-netter!
I think the odds are much higher that the football team will have a chance to hit top 25 than the basketball team, but it would be nice if both could do it!

I wonder when Jefferson announces? KK's adds have been ok I am hoping the Boone's aren't the peak like they have been so far though.

Jefferson with a torn ACL would considered fast on a Virginia squad.

If I had to guess I’d say Iowa State

There must be a plan in place. I mean makes no sense. DJ Thomas could go almost anywhere and demand $$. Are we matching it or coming close to it?? Is it because the 2 year contract is real?? We were nowhere near being able to make a run in the tournament. We lost 3-4 starters. Next year looks bleak. IMO!. We have alot of new faces and young players. CKK has too much to overcome. if the long team results is to get to the DANCE and get bounced in the first round HOPEFULLY? Then yea we are headed in the right direction. CKK is a decent to good coach 4 the MWC. i dont think he is diverse enough as a HC to separate himself from the other decent coaches out there. CKK can he build a more talented and balanced team? I want a HC that the better players want to play 4. Hicks, Whaley , Evans Cherry, and Pape better not play like typical 1st and 2nd year players or it may be the end of CKK. Maybe he can pull off a few impact transfers in the portal. CKK is just too vanilla! IMO!

First whiff of the offseason? WTF

Bru

we’re talking freshman Dedan vs 22 year old grown adult. Lots of things can happen and in no way am I dogging the most solid freshman PG at UNLV that we’ve had in years..

Just brace for impact. UNLV is just a junior college these days in Division 1 2024.

Players will bounce and play at another school on a whim.

You guys are looking for turnaround next year. More of the same.

The average height of an NBA point guard is 6'2" Dedan is 6'1" - Not sure where being 1 inch shorter than the average makes you a midget?
As much as i love Thomas, he weighs 160 pounds, he was great, but calm down about the NBA, could he gain 20-25 pounds in the next few years, then maybe, but he has alot to work on his game, his defense is not good at all. Without him, UNLV would have been Air Force

I thought Jefferson was a main reason Dedan stayed? He better have someone better lined up.

The team's post about DJ running it back was interesting. If he was never going to transfer like a lot of people say, then why would they make that post? Its almost as if they knew he was leaving, but he decided to "run it back" for whatever reason. They also made it after LJ Cryer announced he was coming back. All dominoes.

In terms of Jefferson, how does he fit with Whaley? Whaley posted that picture and we can imply that he is returning. I don't think a lineup with those 2 is the best move. I prefer Jefferson starting at the 4 and Rob off the bench. So perhaps Rob's post was more about Jefferson not coming here and Rob staying because of that? Idk.

The team's post about DJ running it back was interesting. If he was never going to transfer like a lot of people say, then why would they make that post? Its almost as if they knew he was leaving, but he decided to "run it back" for whatever reason. They also made it after LJ Cryer announced he was coming back. All dominoes.

In terms of Jefferson, how does he fit with Whaley? Whaley posted that picture and we can imply that he is returning. I don't think a lineup with those 2 is the best move. I prefer Jefferson starting at the 4 and Rob off the bench. So perhaps Rob's post was more about Jefferson not coming here and Rob staying because of that? Idk.
Agreed!

I made the same take about Hill and Whaley on the floor together, they are both “4’s” and that would not be good in terms of spacing or agility on defense! Jefferson and Whaley would not be a good lineup together either!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT