ADVERTISEMENT

Is it going to get even better for us?

We are gearing up for some great news this week! I anticipate that we may be rounding out our staff by at least late this week and we will be getting three or more additions if things go down as I've been told (subject to change, of course).

'The Plan' is coming to fruition!
iu

We are gearing up for some great news this week! I anticipate that we may be rounding out our staff by at least late this week and we will be getting three or more additions if things go down as I've been told (subject to change, of course).

So it sound like Hamilton and Jenkins might and HOPEFULLY get over recruited . So IF they decide to comeback hopefully we have talented enough players to start over them.

Reactions: Rebel Hoya
So for the third coach, is it going to be Tyrone Nesby? Recently quit his HS job in PA and has been looking for assistant jobs somewhere.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
NAAAAAAAHHHH! We need someone that has deep recruiting ties and is known with development.
How many years in a row have we had some guys star recruiter?

Okay now whens the last time we were good on defense?

If we get someone who will actually develop the guys we have, im good with that.

Kruger has 7 years as an assistant, and he acted like an assistant when he played for 1 year for UNLV. If you still are a video guy after that many years, you are going nowhere!

Sean Miller gets sacked, Murphy comes over to join KK?

Reactions: Rebel_Luv
Kruger has 7 years as an assistant, and he acted like an assistant when he played for 1 year for UNLV. If you still are a video guy after that many years, you are going nowhere!
Kevin Kruger may prove to be a great coach but he has never coached a team that produced less than 14 losses in a season during his career with Oklahoma, NAU & UNLV all producing losing season in his second year on the bench.
His single season playing at UNLV was the only time he played on a team that produced less than 14 losses & he produced one winning record during his 3 years playing for ASU prior to transferring to UNLV to play for his dad.
I believe there will be serious growing pains as he develops as a coach with hope that the teams develops enough defensively to grind out wins with a roster lacking high end shooters. It shouldn't be an overnight success but hopefully by year three or four he will develop into his own person as a head coach that can shift the program into contention.

Reactions: MonsterJam
Kevin Kruger may prove to be a great coach but he has never coached a team that produced less than 14 losses in a season during his career with Oklahoma, NAU & UNLV all producing losing season in his second year on the bench.
His single season playing at UNLV was the only time he played on a team that produced less than 14 losses & he produced one winning record during his 3 years playing for ASU prior to transferring to UNLV to play for his dad.
I believe there will be serious growing pains as he develops as a coach with hope that the teams develops enough defensively to grind out wins with a roster lacking high end shooters. It shouldn't be an overnight success but hopefully by year three or four he will develop into his own person as a head coach that can shift the program into contention.
He was brought in for that 3-4 year build. This is hilarious![roll]
He wants to win next season, and he’s creating a SOLID team for much sooner than later (pardon the pun).

This.

And I know I'm asking the impossible, but we (all stakeholders, not just fans) have to be willing to wait the 3 or 4 years.

Just listened to Asst Coach interview on 1100AM. He sounds great. Kevin Hartman knows Vegas from the summer AAU tournaments. He is very positive about the growth potential of the program. His breakdown of the three Big 12 players who transferred here was exceptional. We have a great assistant. Unlike Otz, his eyes are set on returning to relevance very soon and very quickly.

Just listened to Asst Coach interview on 1100AM. He sounds great. Kevin Hartman knows Vegas from the summer AAU tournaments. He is very positive about the growth potential of the program. His breakdown of the three Big 12 players who transferred here was exceptional. We have a great assistant. Unlike Otz, his eyes are set on returning to relevance very soon and very quickly.
What show was it that you heard the Kevin Hartman interview on? (Collfield and Company, The Pressbox, etc..)

Hartman I think was a great hire, as I have looked more into Chappell the more I like him m as an assistant. Buckley??? Not sure. Now hoping to see a couple more players commit.

Who the heck is Kevin Hartman? Is this a morph of Kevin Kruger and Carlin as quasi head coach?

• Haha
Reactions: bcvegaspt
While it’s obvious that our team can’t compete with the chatter on CNN/FOX, it’s been a good week. I suspect that we will receive even more good news (I don’t have a timetable for this), but I definitely notice more excitement among us faithful!

Sorry that I interrupted the political conversation with this boring UNLV talk.

No big loss, we finished in 7th place.

I would like to see him develop a consistent jumper but not at the expense of him just getting his..

guess it will be at another school.

good luck, we hardly ever cared.

In high school my Junior year football, we were 2-8 and finished in last place in league. The next year the preseason write up in the OC Register said something like they return 15 starters not sure if that is a positive or negative. It eneded up a positive because we were really good, even beat Todd Marinovich in the playoffs ending his HS career.

If Im KK, having been around the players on the last couple of years teams, Id rather start with a new roster. Start from ground zero and build your own team.

Reactions: RebelScrub
While it’s obvious that our team can’t compete with the chatter on CNN/FOX, it’s been a good week. I suspect that we will receive even more good news (I don’t have a timetable for this), but I definitely notice more excitement among us faithful!

Sorry that I interrupted the political conversation with this boring UNLV talk.
Was Williams and the addition of the final assistant the great news you were looking for or is that just part of it? Any sense what Saunders will do? A BYU site had him down to them and UNLV. Still think we need a shooter.

Reactions: RunRebelRun90
Was Williams and the addition of the final assistant the great news you were looking for or is that just part of it? Any sense what Saunders will do? A BYU site had him down to them and UNLV. Still think we need a shooter.
I can’t be specific. My apologies. Too many people want to run to the twitterverse and I can’t post to the Conf Board anymore.

• Love
Reactions: LVRebel2000
That’s to bad. Love hearing on guys we are targeting. Filling out this roster has been great so far!
We won’t be getting everyone that the Conf Board is mentioning, though. We are getting really good starters! Imagine this first year that we will resemble Florida State if they joined the Big12.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT