ADVERTISEMENT

Future of CKK

I bet CKK would not have recruited anyone on the Oakland team that just beat Kentucky. Since they still count points for balls going thru the hoop, shooting does matter.
The guy who hit the 10 3's played at D2 Hillsdale college and is a grad transfer at Oakland. Meaning most anyone could have gotten him.

Reactions: rebel5280
Kentucky has infinite money from boosters. They could fire him if they wanted, but do they have the balls?
100% correct..somewhere there is a "future of CJC" thread somewhere.. He can be and the fan base will want him fired immediately..will it happen? Will see

LMAO, like KK needs your support on this little message board (all 20 of you). KK just made UNLV bball history by getting UNLV its FIRST POST SEASON WIN IN 16 YRS.

OKLAHOMA please give KK a "bag" like his daddy, so he can blow this little MID - MAJOR program. LOL.

LMAO, like KK needs your support on this little message board (all 20 of you). KK just made UNLV bball history by getting UNLV its FIRST POST SEASON WIN IN 16 YRS.

OKLAHOMA please give KK a "bag" like his daddy, so he can blow this little MID - MAJOR program. LOL.
Coach learned from the Kevin Durant School For Account Switching?

Forget a message board….The 16,000 empty seats at the Mack every game speaks volumes. Have a good day. OU? Lmao.

Reactions: Meister_Rebel
My dream is that Kevin brings us enough success that we can't afford to keep him, But that's going to take more than a 5th/7th/4th place finish in this MID-MAJOR conference, more than 0 quarterfinal wins in 3 years in this MID-MAJOR CONFERENCE Tournament, and it's going to take a lot more than 1 win in the Dollar General Post-season before that's a concern. You're not just putting the cart before the horse, you're buying the cart before you have a farm and it looks really weird in your Summerlin front yard. Someone call the HOA!

We've had a dearth of KK fanboys, I hope you stick around to do more than troll, our little 20 person board can use some fresh voices.

The guy who hit the 10 3's played at D2 Hillsdale college and is a grad transfer at Oakland. Meaning most anyone could have gotten him.
Seems CKK values people who can guard on perimeter 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. Any shooting, rebound, ball handling is just a nice to have. How else can you explain parquet, iuwakor, and l rod being recruits the last few years?

He would pass on every guy in the 3 point shooting contest.

Seems CKK values people who can guard on perimeter 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. Any shooting, rebound, ball handling is just a nice to have. How else can you explain parquet, iuwakor, and l rod being recruits the last few years?

He would pass on every guy in the 3 point shooting contest.
Recruits are basketball players. They have coaches who advise them to accept an offer or not based on the coaches philosophy and how he will be able to break the starting line up. Caliperri offers potential first rounders the starting spot as freshmen, that's why they go there. With Kevin, your told sit for two years and watch isolation plays. They say no thanks.

Recruits are basketball players. They have coaches who advise them to accept an offer or not based on the coaches philosophy and how he will be able to break the starting line up. Caliperri offers potential first rounders the starting spot as freshmen, that's why they go there. With Kevin, your told sit for two years and watch isolation plays. They say no thanks.
Clearly that didn’t happen with DTJ but I get your point. CKK needs to learn and grow from these experiences. Looks like he may have one more year to get it right.

Reactions: Rutaylormd
Clearly that didn’t happen with DTJ but I get your point. CKK needs to learn and grow from these experiences. Looks like he may have one more year to get it right.
That is because he is the isolation play. I don't believe that is the best use for this pass first phenom. Give him some wings who can lite it up or he will leave early.

That is because he is the isolation play. I don't believe that is the best use for this pass first phenom. Give him some wings who can lite it up or he will leave early.
To DJ’s benefit, coming to UNLV it was “known” he was a good distributor and handle. Ability to shoot/score was a question mark. In his freshman season, having zero solid options around him, I believe he showed a lot more than many expected with scoring ability. He’s in good shape.

I don't think we'll have issues bringing in a "scorer", there's a ton of guards that will be transferring. My concern is the right guards. We have a bad history of recruiting project guards that don't show up fast enough or who are coming off major injuries.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I don't think we'll have issues bringing in a "scorer", there's a ton of guards that will be transferring. My concern is the right guards. We have a bad history of recruiting project guards that don't show up fast enough or who are coming off major injuries.
We need more than one!
And we need more offensive players or even two on the bench. It has been quiet on the AD front… no confirmation for the coach getting another year but if so Kevin can’t miss this time with recruiting or it’s bye bye!

Last edited:
Reactions: LVRebel2000
I don't think the AD has to come out and say anything. Kevin's only in his 3rd year of a 5 year contract and didn't win a title or make the NCAAs to necessitate a extension to talk about. Unless you're placing an ultimatum on him for next year publicly he's probably not going to say anything, there's enough "sources" to leak whatever conversations he will have with Kruger once the season officially ends.

Two freshmen playing major minutes for Zags in 1st half vs Kansas. Stromer and Huff. Kansas has the 6'9 SF/G who is a frosh playing as a starter. Freshmen need to play. Zags had some tough misses earlier in year with freshmen now they are leading.

To be fair, Furphy is the starter because Self brought in a transfer that was dismissed after allegations of assault at KU after he left for same at I think Texas and they have no one else on the bench.. Elmarko barely touches the floor

Reactions: billd99s
By the post season freshman shouldn’t really be freshman anymore… unless of course they don’t get enough PT to develop. Hicks and especially Whaley (not a frosh but JC transfer) should have seen more minutes earlier in the season.

Judging by the empty stadium his team plays in front of he can use all the help he can get. Even from all 20 of us. That would probably double our current season ticket base.

CKK knew what needed to be done this season. He was saved by a 10-1 run, or whatever it was. He did himself no favors otherwise. If our OOC next season plays out like this season's did, he would need a run to the natty game to save him (I'm exaggerating but we get what I'm saying).
He should have been let go this year, but hey that’s just my opinion but we are wasting another year of a key resource in DJ Thomas, but nobody wants to say that though. What if he leaves for a bigger bag after next year?

That’s the goal? NIT? Your post is the mind boggling one if that’s the case.

In fact we know the goal was NCAAs. It’s a failed season when he needed a successful one.
I dont know.. we finished 4th in the "toughest" MWC ever and beat several NCAA teams during conference play and win 2 NIT games. That's almost as good as the glory years...

Reactions: Rutaylormd
I dont know.. we finished 4th in the "toughest" MWC ever and beat several NCAA teams during conference play and win 2 NIT games. That's almost as good as the glory years...
Let’s lock Kevin up with a lifetime contract extension before Oklahoma “throws a bag” at him! 😂

Last edited:
Ah my bad! Unfortunately there are fans that believe that though. Not sure what basketball they are actually watching!
That's what I was mocking... I've had several discussions on here or Twitter with some who think that way... apparently we just need more years of mediocrity and then we'll turn the corner and be Gonzaga

Reactions: Rebel Hoya
That's what I was mocking... I've had several discussions on here or Twitter with some who think that way... apparently we just need more years of mediocrity and then we'll turn the corner and be Gonzaga
Not likely!

But the mediocrity will continue next year though!

I couldn’t imagine what y’all would say if Kruger recruited a D2 player, my god.

Some truth IMO, MWC is 30 points or so lower than U Conn, Purdue, Duke, Tenn, Houston etc. We would have finished close to the bottom in the Pac12. This league is poor and only CBS Sports put 6 teams in tourney to help pay the bills for broadcasting the games. Without a major upgrade in the size and tenacity of the guards and middle we will be close to the champion of the Ivy league in potential.

How do you let someone go who made the NIT?

Mind boggling.
It was the freaking NIT. If every team accepted their invitation we would of been left out and We would be in the CBI! Is that acceptable? Watching these teams in the tournament that are still playing is like night and day difference . We are so far away from competing for even a Sweet 16 run it not even funny. We are going to have what like 7-8 new faces next year? It inevitable he is fired unless CKK can find some game changing NIL money. CKK is just not the answer. He has gotten outcoached will get out coached and keep on getting out coached for the foreseeable future. This whole scheme thing and adjustments they talk about on TV and interviewing the HCs after the game is non-existent or minimal changes with us or easily defended against the better teams. Maybe it's the players and roster build. Still goes on the HC. There Many nuisances that goes into being a successful headcoach.I think our coach has some. But not enough to get us to an acceptable place.like a autobid every year. San diego state was horrible in the wac. They got the right hire and have never looked back. Even if we're considered a mid major in today's standards. We have more To work with the ninety nine percent of the non power 5 schools. There is no excuse to be this bad for this long.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT