ADVERTISEMENT

Boxing Thread

Sorry,Fury is too big,strong,and can be a technical boxer. This will be one sided UD or late KO.
I got a soft spot for Tyson Fury. Me and my mother bought Fury-Wilder II before she passed away from Covid. So he really entertained us and we usually don’t order heavyweight ppv’s.

I love boxing, it maybe boring to some but you have to have super ridiculous cardio to move around in the ring and throw punches or if necessary..get on your bicycle.

You don’t need to be chiseled at the heavier weights either. Just club each other to death, depending on skill.

About that Chinese dude, those two dudes were evenly matched size, weight and length wise…good fight.

It just dawned on me, there will never be filipino dudes like Pacquiao and Donaire ever again at that level.

Yikes, that fight was terrible..

I actually went to sleep around round 5.Charlo circle circle clinch.

Awful fight for boxing fans.

Charlo was there to collect the check, he had no interest in fighting. I hope he never gets a big fight again. Crawford already shot him down for a fight.

Reactions: RebelScrub
Cannot wait to see Usyk smash this guy and become PFP #1

I think Fury is just too damn big.

He's not what anybody pictures when you envision the heavyweight champion of the world.

You look at him and think soft, slow unskilled...

Funny thing about him is...

He is kinda slow, but...He has amazing timing to make up for it.

He's not a particularly snappy puncher but he's a big man and accurate.

He's technically better than you would think.

Looks sloppy but he's actually in better shape than you would think.

He's not particularly great at any one thing. But he does a lot of things pretty well and his size is a factor.

I use to root against him because no way a guy that looks like that should be the heavyweight champ. But he's won me over as I've watched him. I appreciate his ability to make up for his limitations (lack of power and speed) with good timing, being crafty, and making his awkwardness work for him.

Fury toys with him for about 3 or 4 rounds, then gets board and Knocks him the **** out in round 5.

I think Fury is just too damn big.

He's not what anybody pictures when you envision the heavyweight champion of the world.

You look at him and think soft, slow unskilled...

Funny thing about him is...

He is kinda slow, but...He has amazing timing to make up for it.

He's not a particularly snappy puncher but he's a big man and accurate.

He's technically better than you would think.

Looks sloppy but he's actually in better shape than you would think.

He's not particularly great at any one thing. But he does a lot of things pretty well and his size is a factor.

I use to root against him because no way a guy that looks like that should be the heavyweight champ. But he's won me over as I've watched him. I appreciate his ability to make up for his limitations (lack of power and speed) with good timing, being crafty, and making his awkwardness work for him.
True, but they need to make the fight happen between him and Usyk.
That is the fight that needs to happen. Usyk defenitly has a chance to upset. A great Technician and tough heart and endurance!

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
True, but they need to make the fight happen between him and Usyk.
That is the fight that needs to happen. Usyk defenitly has a chance to upset. A great Technician and tough heart and endurance!

Absolutely agree. I just think Fury's size will be problematic.

Usyk likes to fight at a bit of range which will be tough against Fury. If/when he gets close I think Fury just ties him up, leans on him and walks him back to ropes, make ref break them, forcing fight back to middle of the ring. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I like Usyk a lot, but I think this is good big man vs good smaller guy.

Fight needs to happen 100%.

Reactions: Rebelhustle
Dude I just checked the Calender..

The Shakur Stevensen fight is tomorrow on a Thursday at t mobile.

This De La Santos guy likes to punch. Should be a fun fight.

I predict Stevensen by robbery.

Shakur Stevensen is ASS!!

Step back step back..clinch. He’s a god damn runner. He’s worse than Floyd. At Floyd will stay in the pocket. He steps out of range all the time.

Shakur Stevensen is ASS!!

Step back step back..clinch. He’s a god damn runner. He’s worse than Floyd. At Floyd will stay in the pocket. He steps out of range all the time.

He's not overly entertaining.

Yeah, Floyd was wrongly called a runner by a lot of people. He wasn't. He stood in the pocket like you said. Always put himself in position to counter. He just never engaged in fire fights and traded with people.

Had he been more aggressive he would have scored more KOs. But he was content to pick dudes apart one or two shots at a time.

For those that don't think he could punch, he easily beat Canelo. Canelo got caught a couple times early and never really pressed the fight because Floyd stung him.

Guys I’m going to Andrade BeneVidez at Mandalay Bay. Got tix for 100 bucks.

Going right after UNLV football game.

I’m stoked.

Someone told me to bet Andrade in the upset.

Who u guys got.

Dude I’m at BeneVidez vs Andrade.

That fight was good!! And then there was a black dude, charlo, he was 4 pounds over weight and he still fought. Fat ass cheater.

Who is y’all’s all time favorite fighter. Pick one only one.

Did you ever get to watch Jack Dempsey fight?
I haven’t watched it but I will.

I watched the beginning of Hagler vs Leonard.

Leonard got on his bike and Hagler switched to orthodox for like 3 rounds. It’s like what da hell was he doing? He had to have gotten paid. That’s the rumor.

Wilder is done! Fury totally ruined him. I will not be shocked if Joshua loses today also.

Wilder never grew as a fighter.

Jab jab jab big right hand. Wash, rinse repeat.

He's the same guy now 30+ fights into his career as he was 10 fights in.

His power bailed him out in a lot of fights.

A guy similiar to him in body type Tommy Hearns added a wicked left hook to the body later in his career. Became a better boxer as he moved up in weight and his power wasn't as effective. He put on a clinic vs Virgil Hill late in one of his last fights.

There’s a fighter from Texas promoted by Golden Fishnets..Virgil Ortiz. He’s fighting here in Vegas on January 6th.

I might check him out.

I think boxing has been finished for quite some time now. Showtime just ended their promotion of boxing.

There’s a fighter from Texas promoted by Golden Fishnets..Virgil Ortiz. He’s fighting here in Vegas on January 6th.

I might check him out.

I think boxing has been finished for quite some time now. Showtime just ended their promotion of boxing.

It will never see the heights it reached in the 70s into the early 2000s.

Not sure how I missed this match today with Wilder getting smoked but it don’t shock me at all. Way over rated and zero growth.

I have turned way more into a ufc fan the last 4 years over boxing it seems, almost not even close and I used to never miss any big fights

It will never see the heights it reached in the 70s into the early 2000s.
Never ever again. I heard amazing stories about the stacked cards that Don King had.

I have a serious dyslexic moment, I meant upper left..

Dude I think he rigged the fight vs Ray Leonard. People think he threw the fight.

Nah..

I think he took Leonard lightly.

Started slow.

Struggled to get going.

It's hard to just flip the switch in boxing.

Finally got into a rhythm midway through the fight.

Leonard got the nod from judges in a number of close rounds. Did he deserve them? Debatable. I think one judge got a little caught up in the moment.

Nah..

I think he took Leonard lightly.

Started slow.

Struggled to get going.

It's hard to just flip the switch in boxing.

Finally got into a rhythm midway through the fight.

Leonard got the nod from judges in a number of close rounds. Did he deserve them? Debatable. I think one judge got a little caught up in the moment.
Couldn’t have been that asshole blind Jo Jo Guerra that had it 118-110 for Leonard, could it have been?

I thought Hagler won in a fight where he allowed Leonard to pull him from his strengths. He didn’t fight a good fight. Leonard blinded the crowd (and the judges) with flash and weak hits that count far more in Olympic boxing than professional …. And Hagler got dragged into it and that’s his own fault.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Dude I went to lost and found because I left my JBL headphones next to Pap..

Shakur retires in his prime over the nonsense of match making

Man he's leaving a lot of potential money on the table.

I wonder if this is a ploy to put pressure on his promoter to get something done.

Crazy if he did retire now.

Similar to Andre Ward who retired in his prime as well. I think Ward felt like he had enough money and was concerned with potential health risks (CTE) down the road.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT