ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Roster is complete!

Football and Basketball, both Men and Women are on the rise and expectations are much higher than they have been before and that’s okay. We need the bar to be raised around here and the bar is no longer on the ground. UNLV Athletics needs to come up and be seen and heard in Vegas and beyond!

Wow, I like him better than the 7-footers that were being talked about because he actually has more to his skillset than just blocking shots. He's got nice finesse around the basket, a decent touch on his jump shot and is pretty active in the paint. Some of those 7-footers are really raw and are slow to get up off the floor for rebounds. Great pick up!

I just want to thank Tim and et al for speculating the information that our boy Lobby cannot divulge because of his connection. Lobby, before you rips on me....we know what you cannot and can do but the fans are just speculating...they got it right, dang it.

Reactions: TimothyC3
Not all 7 footers are slow, Diallo and the USU kid that went to Duke of all places ain’t slow! I would have like to see a transfer with a couple years fill this spot, like the 2 I mentioned above but this kid will work, let’s hope he grows an inch or two!

Wow, I like him better than the 7-footers that were being talked about because he actually has more to his skillset than just blocking shots. He's got nice finesse around the basket, a decent touch on his jump shot and is pretty active in the paint. Some of those 7-footers are really raw and are slow to get up off the floor for rebounds. Great pick up!
We will see, if he was that skilled his list would include more than Portland and Sacramento. That said we need someone down low and maybe he can develop over time. They can’t all be 4* plus, need some filler.

I really really like this pick up but I’d be surprised if he makes an impact this year. You can tell he has a natural feel for the game and great agility for a guy his size but I still see a lot of rawness. I think at best he will earn minutes throughout the season if he has the right mindset because I think he will be capable of developing quickly but I’m happy about the long term ceiling with him.

We will see, if he was that skilled his list would include more than Portland and Sacramento. That said we need someone down low and maybe he can develop over time. They can’t all be 4* plus, need some filler.
I know you can't get a good sense of a player's true abilities just from a few highlight videos but the things that I've seen that I like is he doesn't play out of control, he seems to like playing in the paint grabbing rebounds and blocking shots, and he just has a solid feel for the game that some of those taller, more raw big men lack(i.e. he isn't standing around with the ball wondering what to do next). I think he could turn in a major contributor but like you said, we'll see if he pans out.

So what is the entire roster of 23-24 UNLV MBB? Is Dedan Jr part of it?

Jalen, Keylan, Kalib, Luis, Web, Big Karl, JJ3, Shane, Cottrell, Whaley, DTJ, Hicks, Bannarbie.

Feels like this could be a really Fn good team
Yes, has all the parts of experience and youth. Talented final year players that want to showcase talent in big stage will push team, then you add in young talent pushing for minutes which means competitive practices and minutes. Add in there are some really good shooters in Boone and Webster at 40% clips and this team should be able to on paper push the MWC...

Yes, has all the parts of experience and youth. Talented final year players that want to showcase talent in big stage will push team, then you add in young talent pushing for minutes which means competitive practices and minutes. Add in there are some really good shooters in Boone and Webster at 40% clips and this team should be able to on paper push the MWC...
Isaiah Cottrell will be huge for us. This team is a loaded Big12 team much less a MWC team. This roster will compete with SDSU straight up. Then we will hear about how great a coach we have. We could still lose in Boise and San Diego maybe New Mexico but they are the only athletic teams that can stop the variety of offensive players we have that have got it done in the Big12.

Isaiah Cottrell will be huge for us. This team is a loaded Big12 team much less a MWC team. This roster will compete with SDSU straight up. Then we will hear about how great a coach we have. We could still lose in Boise and San Diego maybe New Mexico but they are the only athletic teams that can stop the variety of offensive players we have that have got it done in the Big12.
Lol.

This is what I’m talking about. We are the best team ever …. Until the season starts.

So if we finish 4th, don’t make the tourney, don’t compete with SDSU, are you going to lead the cries for firing the coach? Or make excuses as to why it didn’t happen and suggest a two year extension based on feelings?

Let's make the NIT first.

Still need to be able to gel now… really wish they had the out of country exhibitions to get some practice time. I am excited for this year, more than previous years for sure. Still cautiously optimistic, Kruger has to show me that he can lead these guys and not get outclassed by Tim Miles in games. Maybe he’s opened up now to his pops a little more

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Still need to be able to gel now… really wish they had the out of country exhibitions to get some practice time. I am excited for this year, more than previous years for sure. Still cautiously optimistic, Kruger has to show me that he can lead these guys and not get outclassed by Tim Miles in games. Maybe he’s opened up now to his pops a little more
This!
I would add Dutcher, Alford, Pitino, Rice, Medved and the Fresno coach everybody craps on around here but his Bulldogs seem to sweep us? Kevin has to be better “in games” because talent with no coach, well we have seen that before with the guy two guys before Menzies or the guy right after LK!

This!
I would add Dutcher, Alford, Pitino, Rice, Medved and the Fresno coach everybody craps on around here but his Bulldogs seem to sweep us? Kevin has to be better “in games” because talent with no coach, well we have seen that before with the guy two guys before Menzies or the guy right after LK!
I can think of one of the ones you're mentioning outclassing Fisher, Altman, Creen, Roy Williams, etc … and not in a fluke way either, in an out-executing, better game plan, better in game decisions sort of way …

I got our team projected to finish 5th..

It’s a rebuild year here at UNLV.

Entire mashup full of nobodies..except for my man Luis Rodriguez

If we finish 5th, Kevin Kruger’s seat should be very warm.
He’s just keeping the seat warm for Huggy Bear.

And then Cottrell might throw a fit.

I’ll freakin be huffy bear’s personal valet. I’ll pick him up in my 2001 Honda Civic when it happens.

He’s just keeping the seat warm for Huggy Bear.

And then Cottrell might throw a fit.

I’ll freakin be huffy bear’s personal valet. I’ll pick him up in my 2001 Honda Civic when it happens.
Huggins will be 70 in a month and a half. He has a defibrillator implanted for his heart and he doesn't maintain his weight. He is a life-long functioning alcoholic ( evidenced by two DUIs spread apart by many years). Set him loose in Las Vegas and he'll explode before he gets established.

Huggins will be 70 in a month and a half. He has a defibrillator implanted for his heart and he doesn't maintain his weight. He is a life-long functioning alcoholic ( evidenced by two DUIs spread apart by many years). Set him loose in Las Vegas and he'll explode before he gets established.
Sign wheelchair huggy..I don’t give a shit. And give him his alcohol.

Sign wheelchair huggy..I don’t give a shit. And give him his alcohol.
Give him the good alcohol and a chauffeur.....no sulphites, no hangover. He'll be fine.

Not a medical advice by any mean. :)

It would be very "On Brand" for UNLV to fire Kevin Kruger after his third season given the set backs he faced in portals, injuries and lost coaching staff.

This is why I will up the ante and say that UNLV will never, ever finish higher than 5th in any league it plays in perpetually.

How about that for a pick-me-up feel good story?

It would be very "On Brand" for UNLV to fire Kevin Kruger after his third season given the set backs he faced in portals, injuries and lost coaching staff.

This is why I will up the ante and say that UNLV will never, ever finish higher than 5th in any league it plays in perpetually.

How about that for a pick-me-up feel good story?
he had a good offseason and retained his coaching staff from last year. No setbacks from year 2 to 3. If we still finish 5th maybe, just maybe he’s not cut out for the job. Won’t matter how many years we give him.

Reactions: WYNN or Dye
Why are you all so negative? We have real good talent this year and it would be hard to mess this up. Rebels in top 3 for sure.

Why are you all so negative? We have real good talent this year and it would be hard to mess this up. Rebels in top 3 for sure.
I agree we have good talent and should finish top 3. That’s why I said if Kruger does find a way to mess it up he should be gone.

What good does that class do if he can’t coach? Rice had a great class coming in and he got canned, he at least had a few tournament appearances to his name.
Last I checked Rice had better teams even if under achieving, than UNLV has had post Rice

Last I checked Rice had better teams even if under achieving, than UNLV has had post Rice
True, but this is the best team UNLV has had post rice. Kruger has done a good job bringing in talent this offseason which is encouraging, but if he can’t coach none of that matters.

Reactions: WYNN or Dye
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT