ADVERTISEMENT

Zebra’s took over this game

Did I hear correctly that it was an ACC referee crew officiating the game? If true, how does that happen?

Last edited:
Refs su ked, but UNLV lost game. One stop you win, defense wasn't good enough. Move on beat USU.

Reactions: unlove
Did I hear correctly that it was an ACC referee crew officiating the game? If true, how does that happen?
Yes apparently.

Has anyone else EVER seen the unsportsmanlike call where they flagged our guy for trying to fool the other team that he was leaving the field? Never seen that one before.

Also thought the PI call in the first quarter was BS. Their receiver leans back into the defender and then falls forward to make it look like PI.

Reactions: RebelsDen

I mean....I don't know. You still get a step to the QB. He didn't hit him in the head. He didn't wrap him up and drive him to the ground. I'm not sure what he's supposed to do there.
Yeah that was a BS call. Contrast that to the no call in 2018 on the USC hit (link below, scroll down to see the hit) on Gardner Minshew. No targeting, no roughing. Cost us the game.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Yeah that was a BS call. Contrast that to the no call in 2018 on the USC hit (link below, scroll down to see the hit) on Gardner Minshew. No targeting, no roughing. Cost us the game.

Would have been 4th and 20.

I just don't know how you throw that flag. Crying about refs is pointless but son of a.....that was awful.

I typically disagree when people say you can't call a penalty in 'that' situation.

If it's a penalty it's a penalty regardless of when it is in the game.

However that wasn't a penalty and you better damn well be sure it was if you throw that flag.

I would have had no issue if he threw it thinking helmet to helmet because it can be overturned. But roughing thr passer. You can't call that on that play.

The ghost face mask as well. Have yet to see angle showing one.

I'm still pissed.

Reactions: oneepstein
i dont get it when people say well we should of been better in other areas or done this or doen that better. Those penalties on 3rd down especially that one changed the game. The pass interference, roughing the passer and face mask was all a no call. U dont call even one of those 3 and we win. Had Cuse fans telling me they got a lot of calls. Unfortunately i was sitting right in the center of Cuse central. Monster Jam and i did not enjoy our experience even with a win. Had some drunk yelling non stop. spitting while doing it. Had his own fans telling him to calm down. People thru stuff at him.

i dont get it when people say well we should of been better in other areas or done this or doen that better. Those penalties on 3rd down especially that one changed the game. The pass interference, roughing the passer and face mask was all a no call. U dont call even one of those 3 and we win. Had Cuse fans telling me they got a lot of calls. Unfortunately i was sitting right in the center of Cuse central. Monster Jam and i did not enjoy our experience even with a win. Had some drunk yelling non stop. spitting while doing it. Had his own fans telling him to calm down. People thru stuff at him.

I get it. I think what people are saying is, if we come up with those two INTs the game is over and the referees never get the opportunity to make those calls. Doesn't excuse how bad those calls were or their impact on the game.

Think of it like boxing. You knock a guy out you take the possibility of a bad decision away from the judges.

Monster Jam posted pic of the guy. Just from that picture I can tell exactly what you probably had to deal with.

There's always 'that guy' at games. And he definitely looks like 'that' guy. It's like they are created in a lab. They always look like that.

I remember watching that game. How that didn't draw a penalty is beyond me. 1st guy clean. Second guy? Holy crap he did all the things, was late, launched himself, helmet to helmet. You name it he did it.

It's common for the away team to bring the refs and the replay booth refs are from the home team conference
Oh… I didn’t know that.

Yes, you can’t entirely blame the refs as the team has to make the plays. The potential interceptions, Catalon’s missed tackle on 4th and 1, etc.

But there were a multitude of awful calls in this game that went against the Rebels. Not crying about it, just stating a fact.

Things have a way of evening up. I’m sure down the road UNLV will benefit from a bad call or two. Hopefully, that happens in a playoff game 😊

Last edited:
Looking at that replay, did official overract to the 'violence' of the hit? I just don't get it..

Just like most of you I've sat through a ton of Rebel losses. Seen some tough calls go against the Rebels.

This one really stinks...

Reactions: oneepstein
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT