ADVERTISEMENT

WR room stepping up

The WR is stepping up big time compared to last season. I won't give away too much, but I was at the closed scrimmage today and Jacob De Jesus is going to be a BIG FACTOR in the offense. I'm talking Wes Welker, but much quicker and faster.

Will not be surprised to see him lined up at multiple spots this year.

Type of guy you want to see get 5+ touches a game, sweeps, screens, bubble screens etc. Get him the ball in space..

It was really nice to be allowed to go to a practice so I am sure lobbybuu feels the same as I do that we might jeopardize that by writing about anyone in particular. De Jesus was fair game as Paloma V wrote a little about him in the paper.
BTW, the defense does not suck.
I was being sarcastic.

I appreciate any input regarding how we are progressing. I'm actually very optimistic that we will get bowl eligible. Even to the point where I'm setting myself up for disappointment if we aren't.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Some more observations and notes on my end;

We will be bowl eligible for sure this upcoming season. Lock that in!

De Jesus definitely had the talent to go Pac 12 and I'm very surprised that Cal, Oregon State, and teams like that didn't make a run at him.

The practices and scrimmages obviously havent been full contact/full speed all the time but the team this year seems to be willing to get grimy and hit hit hit.

I've been very impressed with Blesyng. Obviously he is not Manti Te'o, but his motor is very similar to Manti's and I expect him to get a good amount of PT as a freshman. I haven't paid much attention to the TE room but Christian Earls is very physical, finishes blocks, and has the ability to win the 50/50 balls in the endzone. I'm surprised I haven't seen much from Charlie Williams, but that might be because Earls came from Juco and is familiar with how to handle a college weight program and isn't scared to compete.

Apologies that this isn't much. I can't spill too much more, but I hope this helps a little.

Some more observations and notes on my end;

We will be bowl eligible for sure this upcoming season. Lock that in!

De Jesus definitely had the talent to go Pac 12 and I'm very surprised that Cal, Oregon State, and teams like that didn't make a run at him.

The practices and scrimmages obviously havent been full contact/full speed all the time but the team this year seems to be willing to get grimy and hit hit hit.

I've been very impressed with Blesyng. Obviously he is not Manti Te'o, but his motor is very similar to Manti's and I expect him to get a good amount of PT as a freshman. I haven't paid much attention to the TE room but Christian Earls is very physical, finishes blocks, and has the ability to win the 50/50 balls in the endzone. I'm surprised I haven't seen much from Charlie Williams, but that might be because Earls came from Juco and is familiar with how to handle a college weight program and isn't scared to compete.

Apologies that this isn't much. I can't spill too much more, but I hope this helps a little.
Thanks for the report. Appreciate the information.

Bowl eligible lock for UNLV? No such thing exists. Let’s hope they exceed expectations this year.

Bowl lock?
I have heard that a few times. I really hope you are right but with UNLV football I am in a wait and see mode. I am not calling you out just been a fan too long and seen way to many losing seasons to have much of any expectations for UNLV football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT