ADVERTISEMENT

Wow Wow Wow

1Tripoda

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Aug 13, 2009
This indicates how starving the NBA is for a real star. Dontana Sabonis contract....Soooo much money for a player like this

There isn't a Magic, a Larry Bird, a Shaq or Allen Iverson anywhere. No marketable player anywhere....So much money for nothing....

i boycotted the NBA cause of Lebron. I think the NBA sucks.

Not missing anything.
The first round of the NBA playoffs with the new format featuring play-in games was some of the best and consistent entertainment I've seen in a while from the NBA.

BUT TO EACH THEIR OWN.

(I also may be bias being from Denver.)

The first round of the NBA playoffs with the new format featuring play-in games was some of the best and consistent entertainment I've seen in a while from the NBA.

BUT TO EACH THEIR OWN.

(I also may be bias being from Denver.)
You guys won the championship and made Lebron Submit. Then The team partied in Vegas. It is a good year.

Reactions: UNLVbro
and "chicks for free"
I can’t watch the garbage. I don’t blame players for making as much as they can.

But it’s nauseating that somebody with athletic talent is far, far more set for life after a solitary 82 game season than a teacher with a masters who puts in 40 years.

And then I go back to the Latrell “I’ve got a family to feed!” and being offended at a 7M per year contract.

It’s our (the public) fault. We will pay the exorbitant fees for tickets and merch.

I can’t watch the garbage. I don’t blame players for making as much as they can.

But it’s nauseating that somebody with athletic talent is far, far more set for life after a solitary 82 game season than a teacher with a masters who puts in 40 years.

And then I go back to the Latrell “I’ve got a family to feed!” and being offended at a 7M per year contract.

It’s our (the public) fault. We will pay the exorbitant fees for tickets and merch.
82 games?65 is now considered being an ironman.

Reactions: RebelScrub

Him and Larry Johnson are still good friends. Lattrell is a huge POS. “I got kids to feed”

The asking rates for what they
82 games?65 is now considered being an ironman.
and the NBA players union is saying the Morant suspension is too much. F’n clown city.

These guys take games off because of the long schedule. I think it’s too long myself but I don’t care..

Look at the talent Pool, Trae Young asking for 80 million.

What happened to Dallas. I thought Christian Wood was supposed to be good for Luka? I haven’t seen an NBA game in ages.

To each his own but I don't make nearly enough money to blow $100+ for tickets to any sporting event or on a jersey. I don't know how people do it. They must be single and making bank.

To each his own but I don't make nearly enough money to blow $100+ for tickets to any sporting event or on a jersey. I don't know how people do it. They must be single and making bank.
Gonna ask Anderson Hunt for a Red UNLV jersey. I know he sells them and I can’t wait to wear it when his number gets retired.

This indicates how starving the NBA is for a real star. Dontana Sabonis contract....Soooo much money for a player like this

It also indicates how much money they have.

Ah, yes, I forgot about the tough guy load management and pitch counts. SMDH.
Well too be fair...

For basketball, they do play way too many games. Look at how Phil Jackson moves around now. And players are bigger than ever. Lebron is the size of Karl Malone, and he was a pure post player (also way too big to be jumping around). Basketball is so high impact with long games and long seasons. Should they be cripples by the time they are 50? Given what they are paid, maybe. But I have no trouble with them being smart about it. What they should really do is cut the season in Half, maybe even 1/3. But too much money is being made and no one, no the players or the owners want that.

Same with baseball. When 90% of every major league pitcher has either a rotator cuff, superior labrum tear, or both, then you realize how much pitching jacks up your shoulder. Plus they are throwing harder with more movement on the ball than ever these days. Again being smart.

As for the money, it is just economics. Would it be better if the players were pay 500K a year and the owner made even more billions off their backs? I don't blame them for asking more for more and to evenly distribute the revenue when they are the reason that the the leagues exist. Now there is no excuse for Spreewell's comment, even "doing what is best for my family" comment irks me. I would rather them say that they want to get their worth. Be honest. Your family will be fine with 25 mil vs 30 mil a year or whatever TF.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT