ADVERTISEMENT

Winning season this year!

UNLVWINS

Lottery Pick
May 14, 2005
Let's hope UNLV has a winning season this year! We have had only 1 winning season in the last 17 years. There is big talk going around!! Will the Reb's average 40 points a game? Can all the new guys on defense produce? Lots of questions. The season starts very soon!!

The offense will put pressure on the opposing offense to score and score often. That will make the opponent 1 dimensional and allow our D to key on our opponent. I believe the D will be flying around and make some awesome plays and make some idiot mistakes. The key will be special teams. We win with the offense and special teams, we win! :uzi: UNR :flush:

The offense will put pressure on the opposing offense to score and score often. That will make the opponent 1 dimensional and allow our D to key on our opponent. I believe the D will be flying around and make some awesome plays and make some idiot mistakes. The key will be special teams. We win with the offense and special teams, we win! :uzi: UNR :flush:
You have to be blowing a team out to make them one dimensional. We won't be blowing many teams out. Also, throwing the ball against us is still not that difficult. The difference between a 6-6 and 4-8 season will be timely turnovers and getting extra first downs on the ground; i.e., Hawaii win last year and Idaho loss. We couldn't stop them, but 1 or 2 timely turnovers was the difference between a W and a L.

Reactions: mvvsmith
I hope to see a distinct culture change on defense rhis year. Mostly Tony's boys now. They will have to step up. A small improvement from last year could get us to that 6-6. Conference schedule favors us, now make the best of it.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
I can't see more than 3 or 4 wins at the most. The defense and special teams would have to really improve to win more than that.

I can't see more than 3 or 4 wins at the most. The defense and special teams would have to really improve to win more than that.
If that's what you really think, you should play it. I think they set the O/U at 5.5 Your thinking has it not even close to that.

I think we win at least 4, but then with a couple of coin toss games in there that can go either way. I'd say usually they go against us but we typically don't have a lot of games that go down to the wire.

If that's what you really think, you should play it. I think they set the O/U at 5.5 Your thinking has it not even close to that.

I think we win at least 4, but then with a couple of coin toss games in there that can go either way. I'd say usually they go against us but we typically don't have a lot of games that go down to the wire.

Maybe they can pull a 2013. The over under was only 2 and a half then. They ended up winning 7. Caleb had a great year at QB. We really haven't had good consistency at QB since then. Too many Juco QB's.

Maybe they can pull a 2013. The over under was only 2 and a half then. They ended up winning 7. Caleb had a great year at QB. We really haven't had good consistency at QB since then. Too many Juco QB's.

Blake Decker was the only passer to complete more than 51% of his passes in the last two years.
That probably played a role in the decision to elevate Rogers now & let him grow rather than go with Palendech or Stanton.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/blake-decker-1.html

Blake Decker was the only passer to complete more than 51% of his passes in the last two years.
That probably played a role in the decision to elevate Rogers now & let him grow rather than go with Palendech or Stanton.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/blake-decker-1.html

I agree. It is good to develop a QB over 4 years. I'm glad Armani got to redshirt last year also. Blake was a good touch QB. He took some real hits out there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT