ADVERTISEMENT

Who Benefits Most from Jones not playing?

LVKryptonite

Conference POY
Mar 3, 2010
Always follow the money. IRS doesn't care about someone who lied about $100. If it doesn't have a comma in it, you are not getting audited. Who has the most to gain? That is our culprit (more than likely).

So, conspiracy theories here.
1a. SDSU, 1b. BSU or 1c. Fresno have the most to gain because we could knock them out of the tournament and thus thwarting their efforts to an invite to the dance.
2. Head coach/boosters - If the Rebels did win the MWC and somehow make a run in the tourney, it would be hard to argue that Stacey, Miller or Simon don't get a shot and they really want to see THEIR guy.
3. Someone who really hates DJ. Maybe someone he dunked on in HS. That list is long.
4. Someone who really hates UNLV. Again a long list.

It really doesn't make any sense to me why they did it now. Why not wait 3 weeks? Why didn't they do it earlier? Can he retake the test now to prove he isn't stupid? How long to process the test score? Is it because his test score was too good for someone of his grades in HS? I know a lot of lazy smart kids with great test scores and horrible grades. Maybe he was playing a lot of basketball and didn't turn in many assignments. He also took 2 prep ACT classes, also known to improve scores.

This makes me so mad and will forever be known as when the S$%* truly hit the fan. We have now found a new low and I think we should be looking for someone to blame/sue.

Also can DJ play next year? Does he need to retake the test? Does his current 3.25 GPA matter?

His current GPA should matter. But not if some sort of nefarious method was used to get there in the first place. I don't know which classes he took his first semester but it would be hard to imagine someone could earn 3 A's and a B in college and not score well enough on the entrance exam to merit acceptance to UNLV. Thus, two likely scenarios emerge. One, much more likely than the other. Either some protocol measure was not observed which nullifies the test scores, or the scores themselves were rigged.

It seems hard for me to believe that after taking two prep classes he would still need to cheat. He would practically have to be two standard deviations below the norm on the IQ scale or an incredibly bad test taker. Neither of those seems likely considering his commendable GPA in college thus far. Therefore, it seems much more likely that some bureaucratic or procedural requirement disqualified him in some way. This is pure speculation however. I am not close to the situation nor do I have inside knowledge of it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT