ADVERTISEMENT

What is the likelihood

Well, you don’t have to sacrifice one to enhance the other … either way.
Yeah that was the point all along. Don't try and pretend this entire board wasn't advocating to drop the football program to focus on BB. I believe the consensus was to go the Gonzaga route. And don't pretend donors only wanted to give to BB and not football. You were promoting that as well.

Yeah that was the point all along. Don't try and pretend this entire board wasn't advocating to drop the football program to focus on BB. I believe the consensus was to go the Gonzaga route. And don't pretend donors only wanted to give to BB and not football. You were promoting that as well.
Most of us did when BB was decent. Everything shifted toward football now. Seems like the whole town is football and hockey crazy now.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I know I certainly did. But it wasn’t the “entire board”. That’s hyperbole.

But I certainly advocated football getting far more money back when UNLV hoops was at the top. Because there was enough to move the needle.

That admin and boosters, etc, didn’t see it that way … and they continued to completely ignore football … and it was obvious they just wanted football to tread water and they weren’t going to make any efforts to improve the product … yeah, if you are going to completely neglect, dump it and focus on your strength, even if that strength isn’t strong now, it at least showed the potential where football never has (because of neglect).

After decades, we’ve finally made a good hire. We’ve gone through a ton of coaches and ADs to finally reach a point that many of us, myself included, didn’t think would occur because of a very long tried and true history of not only sucking, but sucking to a level that places us as one of the very worst football programs in history.

Reactions: billd99s
That UNLV is viewed more as a football school rather than a basketball school 3-5 years from now? I’ve noticed the excitement in the community around the football program and it hasn’t really accomplished anything yet, especially compared to MBB. Social media, mainstream media, talk among the community, it’s all at such a different level now and very different tone (as would be expected). But we’re approaching the tip-off to basketball season and there’s not much buzz at all even with CKK’s best team on paper. I always thought Vegas was a football town and just needed a winning team to get behind. Perhaps it is finally coming to pass?
3-5 years? After tonight’s BBall performance you might be able to move that timeline up a few years.

Guys, F- Gonzaga. A basketball team with a sub par University attached.

• Haha
I'm going to hang out in the football boards for the day. The basketball team just shat in my morning coffee. Exciting for tomorrow's game and to be in the building!

• Haha
I'm going to hang out in the football boards for the day. The basketball team just shat in my morning coffee. Exciting for tomorrow's game and to be in the building!
Yeah, I didn't even hit the twatters last night, I'm sure it's brutal. With good reason, still, didn't feel like dealing with it at that moment.

Yeah, I didn't even hit the twatters last night, I'm sure it's brutal. With good reason, still, didn't feel like dealing with it at that moment.
Yeah, that game was terrible. We scored over 50 in the second half, but couldn't do squat on defense most of the game, and the offense in the 1st half was atrocious. Sometimes it's best to just leave it behind.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT