ADVERTISEMENT

What does everyone think of BSU this year?

Rebel1986

Rebel Legend
Feb 25, 2011
Las Vegas
When I first noticed that BSU won over Washington State, all I could think was great job another win against a Pac12 program, but I am now wondering how impressive the win really is? Washington State lost to Eastern Washington the week before, and gave BSU all they could handle this weekend.

BSU was playing at home and won by 3 points.

Does anyone think BSU may not be as good as the early season polls rate them? Or did Washington State play a good game? What do other people think about UNLV's chances verse BSU?

Last edited:
WSU is not good at all. BSU I believe is definitely a little bit over rated. I feel bad for WSU. Usually football is the only thing they have to look forward to. Terrible location for a college.

WSU is not good at all. BSU I believe is definitely a little bit over rated. I feel bad for WSU. Usually football is the only thing they have to look forward to. Terrible location for a college.
I wouldn't say WSU isn't good at all. They played two pretty good teams in Eastern Washington and Boise. WSU will win their share of games this season and probably go bowling again. Eastern always has good teams. Eastern gets a lot of kids that can't find a home at UW or WSU. So their talent level is far better than a lot of Div 1-A teams.

I wouldn't say WSU isn't good at all. They played two pretty good teams in Eastern Washington and Boise. WSU will win their share of games this season and probably go bowling again. Eastern always has good teams. Eastern gets a lot of kids that can't find a home at UW or WSU. So their talent level is far better than a lot of Div 1-A teams.
I agree. EWU may be FCS, but I seriously doubt we could beat them. They have been upper tier in their division for several years. WSU's problem is they always tend to play to the level of the opponent, then they lose by a score. Drives Coug fans crazy.

As for BSU, they were up by at least two scores for nearly 56 minutes vs Wazzu, but Rypien got picked twice in the fourth to nearly give it away. On the other side, the WSU OL did a great job protecting Falk in the second half, and a guy like that will pick you apart, given the time.

The preseason hype on BSU was all about their weapons on offense, particularly, Rypien, McNichols and Sperbeck. JUCO transfer WR Cedrick Wilson has had an immediate impact, so he's another offensive weapon. McNichols and Sperbeck are as advertised. Probably the shakiest of those guys is Rypien. He's pretty mature, but he's still just a true soph and shows it at times. The Broncos also had five guys who are normally in their rotation not suit up for the game, including starting LB Martarano and top TE Roh. Additionally, S Sumner-Gardner, who's started some games, is serving a 4-game suspension. So, having an early bye this week before traveling to Oregon St. will be helpful. The BSU defensive line, which is really young, has been surprisingly good early on. The LB's have been a strength, as expected, with Vallejo and Weaver leading the way. The DBs have a nice blend of youth and experience, but replacing a couple of guys like Darian Thompson and Donte Deayon (both w/NY Giants) won't be easy. Soph Horton had his first career pick vs WSU and returned it 85 yds for a score, so the cupboard isn't empty.

Don't know if a win at OSU will impress the voters, but wins at UL-Laf and against WSU have only caused the Broncos to lose votes each week, so they haven't been impressing too many people. Definitely a work in progress.

I think BSU is very good. I do believe this HC was a step down from the previous HC and at times they play down to their competition. They were really in control of the Wash St game early on and some let down and let them come back. I still think Boise and San Diego St are a large step above everyone else in the MW.

Reactions: mvvsmith
I think SDSU is better than Boise. The broncos dodged a bullet this weekend and didn't look that impressive.
SDSU nearly gave away their game, too, and when it all shakes out I think we'll see that Wazzu is better than Cal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT