ADVERTISEMENT

We just lost at home to South Alabama, fellas...

ThailandReb

Starter
Dec 7, 2001
nobody was really optimistic going into this year, but I don't think anyone expected us to lose this game. Wow.

Not surprised... young team that's all new to each other. I'm still confident they're gonna win at least 15-17 games this year.

Thought Poyser and Clyburn both under performed. Jones looks solid. We are thin up front, hoping Morgan and Dembele can help around the rim and rebounding.

Way too early to panic. Plus it's all about growth and teamwork this year.

Reactions: Rebel Chi-girl
Not surprised... young team that's all new to each other. I'm still confident they're gonna win at least 15-17 games this year.

Thought Poyser and Clyburn both under performed. Jones looks solid. We are thin up front, hoping Morgan and Dembele can help around the rim and rebounding.

Way too early to panic. Plus it's all about growth and teamwork this year.

This is Rebel Net, you are not allowed to post anything that could be even remotely viewed as being positive about the team after a loss!

On a side note South Alabama game planned for us beautifully. The fouls against them were a direct result of their strategy which was to play as aggressively as they could because our players are inexperienced at the D1 level, and our team is playing without it's only big man and DM.

But when we got a rash of bad calls against us in the 2'nd half I saw MM get so fired up I thought he was gonna get thrown out of the game. He was barking at the refs for a good 5 minutes. That was quite a stark contrast to how CDR would have reacted! Loved the fire outta him!

I have both patience and faith in our team!

I agree with the Pistol, I thought USA played a heck of game and #10 - those damn 3s he hit were back breakers. We're going to struggle for a while, but we'll be okay down the road. If not this year, then next. Until then, enjoy the games.

I actually enjoyed the game though it would have been better if we won. Having zero expectations makes watching more relaxing. For me the key will be the amount of progress the team makes as the season progresses.

Reactions: MauiRebel
I actually enjoyed the game though it would have been better if we won. Having zero expectations makes watching more relaxing. For me the key will be the amount of progress the team makes as the season progresses.

What was enjoyable about that game. They took it to us from start to finish. Clearly the better team.

This is Rebel Net, you are not allowed to post anything that could be even remotely viewed as being positive about the team after a loss!

I have no problem with negative posts in the last few years. The Dave Rice years were mostly frustration. I would start off each year optimistic hoping that THIS year was going to be different, and it would always end the same way. Things are different now. I have faith in our coach.

I thought coach's remarks at the post-game press conference were encouraging. He said, among other things, that he felt good about the after-game locker room attitude. These kids were down about the loss. They felt really bad. That the "We play for Vegas" mantra was more than just a slogan.

Over the last few seasons it didn't seem like our teams shared that same mid-set. It was more about how they filled the stat sheet, and did I look good for the NBA scouts?

As long as this team continues to bleed Scarlet & Gray, I'll be in their corner, regardless of individual outcomes....Go Rebels!!!

USA's Nick Stover was the difference. He was coached by our very own Maximillion Good. USA have a good team. Boyarny (#10) , Stover, and Ken Williams are good players...I dont give a damn about what the publications said about the USA team...they got a good one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT