ADVERTISEMENT

We are the backup plan?

LOL.. they would need to offer a really really good deal at this point for UNLV to not stay put and wait for those 6 to come crawling back... They tried to take out the king and it didnt work.
What it does tell you is they had no plans t pay the exit fees for the AAC teams and the anticipated revenue for TV is either equal or close enough that it didnt make sense to move. So why not play hard ball and keep getting the cash. They now need the MWC 8 more than we need them

LOL.. they would need to offer a really really good deal at this point for UNLV to not stay put and wait for those 6 to come crawling back... They tried to take out the king and it didnt work.
What it does tell you is they had no plans t pay the exit fees for the AAC teams and the anticipated revenue for TV is either equal or close enough that it didnt make sense to move. So why not play hard ball and keep getting the cash. They now need the MWC 8 more than we need them
I tend to agree. Still see possible value in going, but it's much less than originally expected. The fat stacks that pac 2 pay the mwc per scheduling agreement combined with the exit fee, hard to say no to keeping that if MWC is also willing to give UNLV unequal distribution.

Just an update on this. Over the last 20-30 mins, lots of rebuking that this is a "done deal"
I would be surprised if Gonzaga said no that has to be a huge increase for them. But maybe the PAC doesn't really want to offer that much which makes more sense.

They do not.
So what would the PAC have to gain by offering a full share? Reputation? Making it easier to attract football schools? A better network contract? Maybe it's not true but if it is I wonder the reasoning behind it.

So what would the PAC have to gain by offering a full share? Reputation? Making it easier to attract football schools? A better network contract? Maybe it's not true but if it is I wonder the reasoning behind it.
I posted this elsewhere. It could mean ESPN is in the Pac2+ TV deal talks and they might be pushing hard to get their darling into a better conference.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT